The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

I understand shortages and everything but this is insane. Dealerships still get a few trucks randomly that are not sold yet, seems that all of us who have ordered or put deposits down should receive our trucks before random trucks are being dropped off. Also the lack of communication on the status is extremely frustrating. 

Reading all of these recent posts and the news that the 2022 isn't going to be the refresh year makes me glad I pulled the trigger on an AT4 1500 recently. 6 weeks in and I'm about to pick it up after convincing myself I needed a truck now, not later. The chip shortage and order priorities has been weird and upside down, my original order from March still hasn't been accepted so I will get my deposit back. Had to sacrifice the subwoofer from the Premium package, but I can deal with that being the only piece. Good luck to everyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LtDan2025 said:

I understand shortages and everything but this is insane. Dealerships still get a few trucks randomly that are not sold yet, seems that all of us who have ordered or put deposits down should receive our trucks before random trucks are being dropped off. Also the lack of communication on the status is extremely frustrating. 

That would make the most sense to me. I've had a truck on order with a local dealer since January that hasn't been allocated yet. I finally gave up and found a built one that checked all but three small boxes, and the dealer installed that stuff anyway. Had to go way out of state, but it worked out. I got super lucky, one of the dealership's sales guy accidentally ordered this one and wasn't supposed to be able to do orders. Ended up buying it before it hit the lot so the dude didn't get in trouble,

2 minutes ago, mcburleson said:

Can you please point me to the post where the 2022 is not going to be a refresh year?  I am trying to decide between a truck they have coming to the dealership already vs waiting to order one built the exact way I want.  

https://www.gm-trucks.com/2022-gmc-sierra-will-get-limited-edition-to-hold-over-delayed-model-refresh/

I wasn't 100% correct, 2022 will still be refreshed, but it will be in the later half of the 2022 year. I can't wait that long and really needed a truck months ago, so that's forever away for me :( 

I am new here....  i should be picking up new truck tomorrow.

As for ordering... it was not the one i ordered.

Order place April 29,2021.   As of June 30, the order never went to accepted by GM.    Could I wait... maybe.  According to the sales guy and manager, my order will be pushed to a 2022 model once they get to it... AND the trim and option combination i want wont be available.   

This tells me my order wont be honored as it is.   We originally went with an LTZ model with technology package.  The 2022 orders are limiting the technology package to Denali and High Country models.

Based on that, we went ahead and signed a deal on the only in stock diesel ... which was the right color , Denali and with the 3L diesel.

So, hoping that all papers are done today and we go get it tomorrow.

• Like 1

My denali will have everything on it.  Would've been happy to go with out the AFM/DFM chip but whatever.  Getting all my tech packages as well.   This is a first for the industry and they just didn't have the ability to keep up or handle it like they had hoped.  I'm so sick of GM saying your dealer has all the answers.  It's the biggest joke ever.  GM flat out will not tell you much.  About the only way you will find anything out is IF you get the GM Rep at your dealership involved and then MAYBE you will get something moving.  They have so many vehicles just sitting waiting to be shipped.  I do not think it was done in a orderly fashion at all.  It's a total joke and it's on the plants, not the dealers. 

5 hours ago, Mister A said:

https://www.gm-trucks.com/2022-gmc-sierra-will-get-limited-edition-to-hold-over-delayed-model-refresh/

I wasn't 100% correct, 2022 will still be refreshed, but it will be in the later half of the 2022 year. I can't wait that long and really needed a truck months ago, so that's forever away for me :( 

Thank you sir and that is most recent news!  What kind of truck are you looking for?

18 hours ago, mcburleson said:

Thank you sir and that is most recent news!  What kind of truck are you looking for?

You are welcome. I am getting an AT4 1500 with the 3.0. It has almost all of the package options I want. The only things I am not getting are the subwoofer in the Premium package and the rails. Those are things I can add later, so I am not too bothered. Oh, and this one has the upgraded 20" rims, which does actually bother me since more rubber and smaller rims is always better in my experience, but I won't cry about it in the current market conditions. 

Well good news today I stumbled on a truck with the options I was looking for plus a couple at a dealership in another state. Called them up, gave them a deposit and Wednesday I get to go pick up a 2021 Sierra AT4 6.2 carbon pro!  I used the inventory search on GMC.com to find exactly what I was looking for. 

• Like 3

I just bought a 2021 Half ton 3.0L from a dealership a couple weeks ago. It had all the dealbreaker options I needed and they said the event code was “4300 immediate delivery”. I asked Linton to give me an update a couple days ago and it Is now 4D00 which I must assume means it’s waiting on a chip somewhere. 

How long have trucks typically been sitting at 4D00 lately?  Are we talking weeks or months.  I appreciate any feedback. Thanks. 

18 hours ago, Layr said:

I just bought a 2021 Half ton 3.0L from a dealership a couple weeks ago. It had all the dealbreaker options I needed and they said the event code was “4300 immediate delivery”. I asked Linton to give me an update a couple days ago and it Is now 4D00 which I must assume means it’s waiting on a chip somewhere. 

How long have trucks typically been sitting at 4D00 lately?  Are we talking weeks or months.  I appreciate any feedback. Thanks. 

I've been 4D00 since May 12th ( and that is short compared to some).

They told me the same thing, but my dealer says that not really the case. I'd say its 50/50. GM Chat told me three weeks ago it was being loaded on a train. I don't even know that the code/chat can tell us anything anymore until it shows up on a train or at the dealer. Fingers-crossed we driving these things soon.