Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Greetings all and thank you for all the information you provided.

I just did the upgrade to HMI 2.5 with the usb port for my yukon denali 2015 and skipped the radio module but noticed carplay not functioning properly. No sound for Siri and google navigation. Also the command button not activating Siri. I read here that I need to change the radio module to get it to work but my concern is do the radio module also requires programming to my VIN?

Thanks in advance

Greetings all and thank you for all the information you provided.

I just did the upgrade to HMI 2.5 with the usb port for my yukon denali 2015 and skipped the radio module but noticed carplay not functioning properly. No sound for Siri and google navigation. Also the command button not activating Siri. I read here that I need to change the radio module to get it to work but my concern is do the radio module also requires programming to my VIN?

Thanks in advance

If you skipped the radio module and programming and are having issues, I think you can guess what the problem is. Lol. You’ll have to have the correct module and programming from WAMS to give you 100% functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, cbrsilv15 said:

If you skipped the radio module and programming and are having issues, I think you can guess what the problem is. Lol. You’ll have to have the correct module and programming from WAMS to give you 100% functionality.

Thanks for the response I am going to replace the radio module soon but does it also requires programming?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain with the Bose system w/sub

I just want Android Auto.  I use the front USB ports as I mount my phone on a stand suctioned to the window to the left of my steering wheel.

I keep reading about replacing the console USB ports but that wont do me any good as I never use those.

What all do I need to replace/program to get Android Auto and keep all Bose /sub functionality?

Lannie

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain with the Bose system w/sub
I just want Android Auto.  I use the front USB ports as I mount my phone on a stand suctioned to the window to the left of my steering wheel.
I keep reading about replacing the console USB ports but that wont do me any good as I never use those.

What all do I need to replace/program to get Android Auto and keep all Bose /sub functionality?

Lannie

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product-category/fullsizetruck/k2/

Check out WAMS. You can choose to source new hardware that matches the compatible part numbers, or you can purchase brand new OEM modules from him as well with a full oem warranty. This is the o LT place I would trust for programming.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have a 2014 silverado w/t with the io3 4.2 inch radio in it now, i have already purchased the 8 inch OEM chevy screen with the io4/5/6 module with the 2.5 HMI module. Do i need extra wiring harnesses for it to work. All the help would be awesome would really want this set up to work. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have a 2014 Silverado WT quad cab, last part of the year production, I04, with 4" screen, with my link, XM and cd, with backup camera and connectivity, hmi is 2.0.

I misunderstood what I was told so I got an 8" screen. I did get the right one for my yr and radio. So now the screen is black, radio works. So how do I get my current HMI upgraded to a I05? I have no use for anything except the radio, camera and being able to talk handsfree on the phone.  I JUST WANT THE SAME THING except the bigger screen to work.

I have looked at CarPlay and Coastal sites, I simply do not understand. I looked up 2.5 hmi, I can't find one that supposedly works for my truck...the parts places say not compatible. One says go to dealer, another says avoid, I thought about getting an hmi thats already an Io5 that is the same part number and getting the vin updated....HELP ME PLEASE.   I live in a farm area, there are NO audio places here.

Current parts:

HMI Part Number: 23266017  2.0

Radio Control Part Number: 13592804 I04 ---But I also have a I06 SAME part number different vin

Radio Module Interface  23176319    8" screen

You need HMI 2.5 and Radio from the list below (This list is from WAMS). From my research, these HMIs and Radio are from 2017 to 2018 Silverado, Sierra and a few other GM cars. They are interchangeable and I'm sure you can get a complete list of vehicles that uses these parts.

HMI (Human Machine Interface):
North American Spec Non-Navigation (OnStar Nav RPO IO5)

North American Spec Navigation (RPO IO6)

Radio Modules (Includes XM and HD Radio) :
Base Audio (NON BOSE RPO UQ3 or UQ5)

Premium Audio (BOSE RPO UQA, UQH or UQS)

There are options once you obtained the needed HMI and Radio. You can pay someone to reprogram to your vin or you can purchase the required hardware/service and do it yourself. I just did this swap recently.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I have a 2014 LTZ Silverado with the Bose system and I am wanting to swap my HMI to a 2.5. My question is do I have to program the 2.5 that’s coming out of a 2018 silverado or is it just a plug and play and all will be working? 

thanks in advance

Roger

22 minutes ago, Rdz2 said:

Hello all, I have a 2014 LTZ Silverado with the Bose system and I am wanting to swap my HMI to a 2.5. My question is do I have to program the 2.5 that’s coming out of a 2018 silverado or is it just a plug and play and all will be working? 

thanks in advance

Roger

Welcome to the site.

Literally from the post right above yours:

You need HMI 2.5 and Radio from the list below (This list is from WAMS). From my research, these HMIs and Radio are from 2017 to 2018 Silverado, Sierra and a few other GM cars. They are interchangeable and I'm sure you can get a complete list of vehicles that uses these parts.

HMI (Human Machine Interface):
North American Spec Non-Navigation (OnStar Nav RPO IO5)

North American Spec Navigation (RPO IO6)

Radio Modules (Includes XM and HD Radio) :
Base Audio (NON BOSE RPO UQ3 or UQ5)

Premium Audio (BOSE RPO UQA, UQH or UQS)

There are options once you obtained the needed HMI and Radio. You can pay someone to reprogram to your vin or you can purchase the required hardware/service and do it yourself. I just did this swap recently.

• Like 2

So...am I correct in thinking if I want to add Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, that I should (and I quote), "See WAMS, reach out to WAMS, email WAMS, talk to Chris White at WAMS"? OK, got it. If I don't want take a chance on used, recovered or resold widgets on CL, eBay, etc., I just need to reach out to WAMS, tell WAMS what I have and what I want and WAMS will give me a price? For real?

YYYYYYYYYESSSSS!

It really doesn't get any easier than that...and it's PLUG-N-PLAY and it's programmed and you get to keep your old stuff (should you be like nostalgic and all).

86 pages and yet still, tons o' people coming through the forums asking, "What do...I do..." "Can I..." "Do I have to..." "Can't I just..."? Classic human nature.

NOTE: Not only am I a visitor and an occasional poster on this site, I am also a WAMS customer (for life -- or until I give up on GM products).  🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, laughey said:

So...am I correct in thinking if I want to add Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, that I should (and I quote), "See WAMS, reach out to WAMS, email WAMS, talk to Chris White at WAMS"? OK, got it. If I don't want take a chance on used, recovered or resold widgets on CL, eBay, etc., I just need to reach out to WAMS, tell WAMS what I have and what I want and WAMS will give me a price? For real?

YYYYYYYYYESSSSS!

It really doesn't get any easier than that...and it's PLUG-N-PLAY and it's programmed and you get to keep your old stuff (should you be like nostalgic and all).

86 pages and yet still, tons o' people coming through the forums asking, "What do...I do..." "Can I..." "Do I have to..." "Can't I just..."? Classic human nature.

NOTE: Not only am I a visitor and an occasional poster on this site, I am also a WAMS customer (for life -- or until I give up on GM products).  🤣

Nice mods and well done!

On 8/9/2021 at 6:39 PM, Rdz2 said:

thanks in advance

Roger

Programing is required unless it's already preprogrammed to your vin. Do not buy if the part number is not listed from above because you will most likely have headaches dealing with the situation. Just ask if you need clarification.

• Like 1