-

2020 silverado HD specs 3.png

-

silverado hd specs 4.png

-

silverado hd spc 5.png

-

silverado hd 2020 7.png

*All towing capabilities measured using SAE J2807 metrics.

silverado hd specs 8.png

-

-

silverado hd 2020 6.png

2 hours ago, cmysstailights said:

So they went away from 4:10 and went back to 3:73. 401 hp, sheesh thats not a big jump. Ford has a new engine out, the 7.3 with a 10 spd.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7.3 Ford?  Bet it marginally has higher numbers than the 6.6, worse fuel economy and will be out towed on the IKE....OH.and this is the replacement for the coveted 6.0L which is probably the most durable gasser ever!

I wonder why 6.6

From a marketing standpoint, Won’t this cause confusion between the two very different engines?   I don’t see any enthusiast not seeing the difference, but there was always a distinct 6.0 means gas and 6.6 means diesel.  Two 6.6 liter v8s in identical pickups will most certainly cause some confusion right??

Dont get me wrong, as a future HD gas purchaser I’m delighted to hear the increased performance.   I can just see people writing terrible reviews online not realizing their 6.6 is backed with a 4l90 and not a allison

400 cu 6.6L was available in the C/K pickups 60’s and 70’s. My 79 k10 still has its factory 6.6L with 185hp and 300tq. So this new 6.6L 40 years later is an improvement. Honestly thought they could get higher numbers out of it. I’m sure a tuner and some bolts on’s will wake it up. 

My 18 6.2L CC 6.6’ bed has plenty of power at 420hp and 460tq. But it needs premium to reach those numbers and is more of a light duty hot rod motor vs heavy duty workhorse. 

New HD are massive size wise. A crew cab standard bed is 250” long. A K2xx crew cab standard bed is 239”. Width has increased as well. 

‘Wonder if mpg will be any better with the 6.6 vs 6.0. Guessing the same or slightly better. The truck has more frontal area and is larger overall and heavier than outgoing model. 

Still glad to see a new HD gas engine. Should be available with 10 speed instead of 6. Hopefully that changes in a year or so. 

Still hopeing for a big block HD gas (7.4 or 8.1 of yesteryear)

Edited by 2009GMC
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Big Whiskey said:

Even with more power, I'm not too excited about dropping the 4.10 for 3.73, especially when keeping the 6-speed and going to a taller factory tire size. I think 4.10 (or 4.30-4.56 for that matter) should be an option. 

This.  Forty more horsepower isn't going to get back the mechanical advantage afforded by the 4:10 gears.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

400 cu 6.6L was available in the C/K pickups 60’s and 70’s. My 79 k10 still has its factory 6.6L with 185hp and 300tq. So this new 6.6L 40 years later is an improvement. Honestly thought they could get higher numbers out of it. I’m sure a tuner and some bolts on’s will wake it up. 

My 18 6.2L CC 6.6’ bed has plenty of power at 420hp and 460tq. But it needs premium to reach those numbers and is more of a light duty hot rod motor vs heavy duty workhorse. 

New HD are massive size wise. A crew cab standard bed is 250” long. A K2xx crew cab standard bed is 239”. Width has increased as well. 

‘Wonder if mpg will be any better with the 6.6 vs 6.0. Guessing the same or slightly better. The truck has more frontal area and is larger overall and heavier than outgoing model. 

Still glad to see a new HD gas engine. Should be available with 10 speed instead of 6. Hopefully that changes in a year or so. 

Still hopeing for a big block HD gas (7.4 or 8.1 of yesteryear)

I would suspect MPG to be better, going from 4:10 to 3:73

1 minute ago, Sierra Dan said:

I would suspect MPG to be better, going from 4:10 to 3:73

You would think so. But the half ton T1XX has lots of reports that trucks are getting less mpg than the k2xx equivalent due to T1xx being larger overall and more frontal area.

Nice to see a high compression ratio 10:8.1 and runs on regular octane. Wonder if running higher octane will make any difference?

I'm really liking the GMC HD AT4!

Just now, Sierra Dan said:

Yea, the 2020 GMC HD is much better looking over the Silverado.

Someone in the design dept. at GM is obviously obsessed with the Family Truckster from 80's movie Vacation LOL

Yea, not sure how I feel about the Chevrolet HD. Supposedly they look better in person.