Factory GoodYear SRA

I have a 2015 z71 cc with the 18 inch factory GoodYear SRA tires. I have 55,000 miles on these tires. They look like they have at least 10,000 more miles left. What's the average miles everyone is getting out of them before replacing them? I was also thinking about replacing them with a 275, will this hurt my gas mileage? Thanks 

Mine have 23k on them and are close to bald on the outside. That said, I do drive it like it's an M3 around corners. Been abusing them since day 1. Can't wait for them to wear out. That will be my excuse for a lift and tires.

• Haha 1

I just changed mine out this past Saturday at 49,841 miles...went with the Michelin LTX Defender MS at stock specs: 265/65/R18.  Started getting noticeable traction problems.  I feel like I did pretty good getting nearly 50K on the set.  

I just changed mine out this past Saturday at 49,841 miles...went with the Michelin LTX Defender MS at stock specs: 265/65/R18.  Started getting noticeable traction problems.  I feel like I did pretty good getting nearly 50K on the set.  
I had a set of Michelin ltx ms2 on my f150, $1000, 5 years and 40,000 miles later, they were worn out and weather cracked all over. No more Michelin tires for me.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You had traction issues on the LTX or you had traction issues on your SRAs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I tore through a set of original SRAs in 30,000 kms, (19,000 miles) total crap, squealed in the dry, slid in the wet, no use at all in the snow.

(I too drive at a healthy pace on mostly rural roads).

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

I tore through a set of original SRAs in 30,000 kms, (19,000 miles) total crap, squealed in the dry, slid in the wet, no use at all in the snow.

(I too drive at a healthy pace on mostly rural roads).

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

I've heard nothing good about the SR-As on these trucks. Dad has them on his 17 SLT and at ~23k they aren't wearing terribly. He did have them road force balanced at the dealer to cure his Chevy shake.

I had the 275-55-R20 Continental on my 2014 and those things wore like warm butter and were near useless at 40k. Replaced with Goodyear LS-2 and they held about 60k. They worked great.

My 2017 came with Goodyear Wrangler Fortitudes in 265-65-R18 and those were awesome. I replaced with Michelin Energy Savers as I did not need the more aggressive design of the Fortitude. Time will tell which tire is better. The Michelin has a higher mileage rating and cost about the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Replaced my crap SRA's at 30,000 started noticing traction loss in wet and snowy conditions. I still had half the tread left and felt they were ok tires until the half way point. I replaced them with Goodyear Duratracts in stock 22" rim size and have loved them. Have over 40,000 miles on the Duratracs and they still look new. I do rotate every 5,000 miles.  

Any tire you replace them with will hurt your fuel economy. The SRA is a P rated bologna skin worthy of only concrete cruising. They weigh next to nothing, my atv tires are heavier. This attributes to good fuel economy and is why GM sells them on their trucks, even the ones with "off road packages".

Unless you buy another P rated tire, you are going to take a 1-2mpg hit if you go to a real truck tire. I would recommend going to an LT series tire, especially if you ever leave pavement or haul anything. The SRA is a far-reaching effort for EPA demands, it is less than adequate and a borderline safety issue in my opinion. Took mine off in less than 1,000km and sold them for $300. Went to a LT series E rated 33x12.5", lost 2-3mpg.

Edited by L86 All Terrain

My SRAs started to have chunks tear off of the treads at something like 7,000 miles. The dealership replaced them for free, but I can see that it's starting to happen again. Pretty bad tire in my opinion.