If anyone has this issue of lost brake pressure at idle or stop(low RPM) and or hard brake pedal.   I had a feeling it was the brake booster pump.  Took to local dealership. They verified that it was the problem.  My 2017 Silverado is out of warranty(47k miles) and thought this was gonna cost me $$$.  There is currently a special warranty on this problem due to crash risk.   Luckily it will cover the entire parts and labor.  I do not know at this time if there is a mileage limitation on this special warranty, but if you're in the same boat as me, go get it checked out!

35 minutes ago, mark741 said:

If anyone has this issue of lost brake pressure at idle or stop(low RPM) and or hard brake pedal.   I had a feeling it was the brake booster pump.  Took to local dealership. They verified that it was the problem.  My 2017 Silverado is out of warranty(47k miles) and thought this was gonna cost me $$$.  There is currently a special warranty on this problem due to crash risk.   Luckily it will cover the entire parts and labor.  I do not know at this time if there is a mileage limitation on this special warranty, but if you're in the same boat as me, go get it checked out!

Is it the vacuum pump, or the brake booster?

just received a letter for our 16 Tahoe about a potential problem with the vacuum pump.

Lot's of posts on here about that problem.

When mine goes out I am hooking the boat up to it and backing it down a boat ramp into a Lake and act surprised the brakes dont work and jump out.

A final salute goodbye as she goes down the drink.....

Check Please!

edit: I just emailed Warren Buffett to see if he is raising Geico Insurance for these trucks to cover his losses.

Edited by Paintor
  • Haha 1

Took mine in for service today to have it looked at not because I had ever had the loss of braking (I have AFM disabled), but because of the annoying ticking coming from the pump.  Before dropping it off, I removed the disabler.  By freak coincidence, it actually did lose power during the technician’s test drive.  Tech said it gave him a good scare when he almost hit a parked car.

New pump will be installed next week.

This should be a recall.  Would have thought GM learned their lesson from the ignition switch fiasco.  Nope.