2020+ T1 Chevrolet/GMC HD Quick Reference Guide

On 9/8/2019 at 9:51 AM, Gecko50 said:

I can not believe that the diesel tanks are 28 gallons for a long bed dually? wow why not the larger tank? I guess those aftermarket tank companies will be making some money.

In the dually, only the reg cab has the 28. Crew dually and double dually get the 36.

Perhaps because the def tank how has to live by the fuel tank, since it isn't under the passenger door anymore. 

Fuel tank size seems to be impacted by both cab length and box length as well as presence of def tank.

Perhaps someone at GM likely figured out that most long distance duallys ran with either double or crew cab -- and both of those have 36 gallon?

Highest tow capacity is the reg cab dually -- are they used more for 'local' work with infrequent longer trips? 

I'm sure there are some that will want to have reg cab and tow long distances that will add additional fuel capacity -- but some would do that even if they were all 36 gallon (or more). 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OP, good info.  Thanks

Any interest or possibility of adding some torque values for things like differential covers, drain/fill plugs, transfer case drain/fill plugs, oil pan plug, transmission pan, etc.  I think many, inclulding myself, would love to see them.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 7:04 PM, Wxman said:

OP, good info.  Thanks

Any interest or possibility of adding some torque values for things like differential covers, drain/fill plugs, transfer case drain/fill plugs, oil pan plug, transmission pan, etc.  I think many, inclulding myself, would love to see them.

Thanks

I think torque values would be helpful.  

• 5 months later...

Curious question, i tried switching my lights to led, when i swapped the bulbs. I have h9 and h11 bulbs. Not 9005. Anyone else have that? Or is mine a special case? Dealerships were not much help

• 1 month later...

2020 Chev 2500 HD

Work truck, Custom, LT

Headlamps, halogen reflector with halogen Daytime Running Lamps    

LTZ, HC

Headlamps, LED reflector (high intensity) with LED signature curtain Daytime Running Lamps  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 9:37 PM, redwngr said:

2020 Chev 2500 HD

Work truck, Custom, LT

LTZ, HC

Headlamps, LED reflector (high intensity) with LED signature curtain Daytime Running Lamps  

SO i  know you can swap the lamps and my LT does have Halogens however there might be some differences as I ran into a guy with a Diesel LT who had LEDs . Supposedly bought new no mods.

Would need to confirm on this 

16 hours ago, DonYukon said:

SO i  know you can swap the lamps and my LT does have Halogens however there might be some differences as I ran into a guy with a Diesel LT who had LEDs . Supposedly bought new no mods.

Would need to confirm on this 

In '21 and '22 model year 2500's LED is an available option on LT

(in 2020 LED not available as factory option on LT)

-- standard on WT, Custom and  LT 

-- On LT -  Included and only available with (WJP) Midnight Edition, (WEA) Z71 Sport Edition, (WBL) Z71 Chrome Sport Edition.

-- Standard on LTZ and HV

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...