adding OEM wireless charging pad to a 2019-2020 Silverado

1 hour ago, Transient said:

Yes, wireless is slower than direct plug in.  I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G.  However, I think it's still sufficient for my needs. 

Do you think there is a difference in charging speed between the 13521065 and the newer 13533077?

53 minutes ago, Atomicon7 said:

Do you think there is a difference in charging speed between the 13521065 and the newer 13533077?

Do I think?  Nope.  I just do.  Gets me into trouble a lot.  I could give you an example, but that's off topic. 

Is there a difference between the 2 charging pads?  I dunno.  I've never compared the 2.

Btw, new harness came in on Saturday.  I picked it up Wednesday morning.  Has the SD plugs.  Trying to find time to do the install, get all the pics people asked for, and post it all up.  Can we all just switch to metric time so there are more hours in a day?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 12:12 AM, Atomicon7 said:

Just received all the parts in today. Should be attempting the install in the coming days. 😬

Im only a little bit nervous with the install of the air duct, but let’s hope for the best

I still haven't done mine.  Just been very busy.  3 kids in 5 sports means no free time to do the things I want to do.  7 days per week right now.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:51 AM, Rally6.2RST said:

What is wrong with harness i originally posted when I started this thread?  It has usb/sd, wiring for wireless charger and wiring for heated rear seat if you wish to add later.

Did you have any problems with the harness? I plugged mine in and the radio just stays in a black screen and no audio. I unplug it and it works fine

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures I took while adding the air vent. It shows the two screws needed to be removed (1 under the infotainment panel & 1 under the passenger A/C vent). It also shows the white plug that needs to be removed in order to plug in the vent. Hope this helps someone.

A3A8E909-61F7-4095-9782-AB409932DAE6.jpeg

E9679FE0-9DA8-47A4-9484-07A12AED777A.jpeg

896DBF4E-F463-444A-B74E-0FC97EA5A74C.jpeg

On 9/3/2021 at 1:21 AM, Transient said:

Do I think?  Nope.  I just do.  Gets me into trouble a lot.  I could give you an example, but that's off topic. 

Is there a difference between the 2 charging pads?  I dunno.  I've never compared the 2.

Btw, new harness came in on Saturday.  I picked it up Wednesday morning.  Has the SD plugs.  Trying to find time to do the install, get all the pics people asked for, and post it all up.  Can we all just switch to metric time so there are more hours in a day?

Do you have the part number for that harness?

The harness I installed (84482759) is giving me issues with my infotainment screen.

• 3 months later...
On 7/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, rwickens said:

So I am extremely interested in doing this add on.  However, when I looked up the wire harness #84482759 on GM Parts Store it states it doesn't fit my 2019 Trail Boss LT.  Could this simply be because wireless charging was not an available option on my truck?

I know this is an old thread but I just bought a 2022 RST LTD, which is basically a 2021 RST.  I have the IOT stereo with all the usb's and SD card slot. No heated REAR seats though.  Since my truck is so new my VIN doesn't even register in the parts sites.

Do you think these parts will fit my truck anyway, since it is basically a 2021?

thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2022 at 10:17 AM, SummitWhiteT1 said:

anyone know what size screws to use to mount the charger to the bracket? I got every part except the screws

Any screws will work i just dug around my leftover stuff i have laying around the garage and found some that work, they should not be long screws something just to hold it in place

I was able to order all the parts except GM said to use a different harness in my truck so I did.  When I went to install it, I discovered that the harness didn’t have the USB connections with it.  I’ve got a 2022 GMC Sierra 2500hd at4 Duramax (no rear heated seats).  Which harness should I use…is it 84482759 or 84848126?  I hate to buy another harness and find out that it won’t work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 6:20 AM, AngryBeaver said:

Has anyone figured out how to make this thing charge any faster? Maybe it's just mine, but it charges at about 1% every five minutes. It's basically useless.

It charges how fast its supposed to, nothing you can do to make it charge faster, its not a high speed charger, plug it into the USB C port on the dash and it might charge faster, not sure though but i can tell you it is not a high speed wireless charger, none of GM's are that way that i know of.

Oh and make sure you order and install the cooling tube if you leave your phone on it for too long i will tell you it will overheat the phone, the cooling tube works great, a pain to get it shoved into place behind the glove box but work at it, took me a little bit but im glad i did it.

Edited by chrisfox75

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 3:53 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

Yes, not for everyone.  I did it because I got some money and I was curious what all can be added.  It is for sure alot of money for what it is. I plan on retrofitting wireless carplay/andriod auto.  I also added 360 surround view with invisible trailer to my truck.  Thanks.

Hey can you explain how to add surround view to 2020 silverado. Thanks