adding OEM wireless charging pad to a 2019-2020 Silverado

Hello

I added a OEM wireless charging pad to RST Silverado.

Here is what I needed...

-Harness 84482759 ($56, this harness also gives me option to add heated rear seat later)

-Charger Module 13521065 (did not need to program) ($50)

-Duct 23391625 ($10)

-Trim Panel 84505586 ($45)

-Mat 84555398 ($9)

-Bracket for module 84075152 ($10)

Everything works nice charger icon lights up on radio when I place phone on it.

Thanks

Screenshot_20200711-224732_Photos.jpg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Rally6.2RST said:

Hello

I added a OEM wireless charging pad to RST Silverado.

Here is what I needed...

-Harness 84482759 ($56, this harness also gives me option to add heated rear seat later)

-Charger Module 13521065 (did not need to program) ($50)

-Duct 23391625 ($10)

-Trim Panel 84505586 ($45)

-Mat 84555398 ($9)

-Bracket for module 84075152 ($10)

Everything works nice charger icon lights up on radio when I place phone on it.

Thanks

Screenshot_20200711-224732_Photos.jpg

How difficult was the install?  Could you provide some info on how you installed it?thanks. 

So I am extremely interested in doing this add on.  However, when I looked up the wire harness #84482759 on GM Parts Store it states it doesn't fit my 2019 Trail Boss LT.  Could this simply be because wireless charging was not an available option on my truck?

37 minutes ago, rwickens said:

So I am extremely interested in doing this add on.  However, when I looked up the wire harness #84482759 on GM Parts Store it states it doesn't fit my 2019 Trail Boss LT.  Could this simply be because wireless charging was not an available option on my truck?

This was not an option on my RST either. I do have a IOS radio.  Could try 84514829. It is cheaper because of no heated rear seat.  I bought my with rear seat wires in case i wanted to add later.

On 7/11/2020 at 11:36 PM, ScX31 said:

How difficult was the install?  Could you provide some info on how you installed it?thanks. 

It takes about 30min-1hr.  I removed side panels from console removed front cup holders.  then there are 2 7mm that bolt to console to dash.  remove big bolts toward front on console on both sides.  there is a second mount in rear that holds conslle to floor if you remove 10mm bolts inside console lid beneath mat that comes loose.  Remove rear cup holder. There are some t15 in there remove rear panel off console.  Unhook wires and console should come out without removing seats.  rerun new harness and plug up. thanks

I'm curious why someone would go to this much effort and expense instead of just charging by plugging the phone into a USB port which you need to do anyway to use Apple CarPlay?  I truly realize some will do it just because it's cool and they want to regardless of what I consider to be a very expensive mod FOR WHAT YOU GET.

I'm not trolling but am truly curious as it just seems unnecessary but I must be missing something.  I'm hoping someone will educate me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rikhek said:

I'm curious why someone would go to this much effort and expense instead of just charging by plugging the phone into a USB port which you need to do anyway to use Apple CarPlay?  I truly realize some will do it just because it's cool and they want to regardless of what I consider to be a very expensive mod FOR WHAT YOU GET.

I'm not trolling but am truly curious as it just seems unnecessary but I must be missing something.  I'm hoping someone will educate me.

Yes, not for everyone.  I did it because I got some money and I was curious what all can be added.  It is for sure alot of money for what it is. I plan on retrofitting wireless carplay/andriod auto.  I also added 360 surround view with invisible trailer to my truck.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Rally6.2RST said:

Yes, not for everyone.  I did it because I got some money and I was curious what all can be added.  It is for sure alot of money for what it is. I plan on retrofitting wireless carplay/andriod auto.  I also added 360 surround view with invisible trailer to my truck.  Thanks.

Got it.  Thanks for the response.

4 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

What are you doing for wireless carplay? 

5 hours ago, Rally6.2RST said:

I tried converting my Silverado LTZ to wireless CarPlay. It’s not going to work well. I tried multiple different modules, they’re all laggy and end up with features missing (such as steering wheel controls). At the end of the day, the CarPlay software on the head unit is not designed for wireless CarPlay, so unless Chevy/GMC pushes an update that can support it, it’s never going to work correctly

Edited by Alex Kemple
Spelling

You have a solid point that I wasn't considering. The only reply I could think of is how my wife could put her phone down and charge while mine is plugged in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk