2014+ Engine & Transmission Tuning

3 hours ago, woychc said:

Well I’ve been waiting for 10+ days for my revised tune.... be nice to get that soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since our update service is in such high demand, and with the tuners workload, thats about how long it is taking for tune updates, about 10 to 12 business days. If you want to PM me your name, I can check and see where you are at on the to do list.

On 3/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, BlackBearPerf said:

We will be happy to help. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Definitely will, I sent you guys an email last week before I ordered at the direction of whoever answers your Facebook. Have some questions about if the tune can help at all with this godforsaken downshift. 

2 hours ago, Donniegood said:

Definitely will, I sent you guys an email last week before I ordered at the direction of whoever answers your Facebook. Have some questions about if the tune can help at all with this godforsaken downshift. 

If you want to PM me your name, I can check on the status of your email.

Im sure this question has been asked, but has anyone noticed any shortened lift expectancy with their trucks tuned? As in engine or trans expectancy? I would think everything should be happier since the truck isnt lugging around anymore.

Im usually around 2k rpm in any given 3-5th gear on the street  and obviously around 1900 on the freeway with the 6speed.

Also, side question, has anyone noticed any higher trans temp after getting tuned? Whats a normal temp range after the truck is warmed up? I am seeing about 185-190....

Im sure this question has been asked, but has anyone noticed any shortened lift expectancy with their trucks tuned? As in engine or trans expectancy? I would think everything should be happier since the truck isnt lugging around anymore.

Im usually around 2k rpm in any given 3-5th gear on the street  and obviously around 1900 on the freeway with the 6speed.

Also, side question, has anyone noticed any higher trans temp after getting tuned? Whats a normal temp range after the truck is warmed up? I am seeing about 185-190....

Tuning doesn’t have anything to do with life expectancy. I can list many vehicles that gone many miles tuned even super charged or turbo. It’s how it’s treated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, OkieTruckie said:

Appears this thread is slowly dying.  Looking for custom tune options for my 2018 Sierra 6.2L with 8-speed.

We would be happy to help with tuning. We would tune your vehicle via our AutoCal only, it will allow us to see your vehicle data, and provide your custom tune files via email. With the 2017 and newer 8 speed vehicles it is engine only tuning, not the transmission. You can call 877-809-4070 if you have any other questions, or here is a link to the AutoCal on our website http://store.blackbearperformance.com/EFILive-AutoCal-Tuning-System_p_8.html

On 4/2/2019 at 3:12 PM, OkieTruckie said:

Appears this thread is slowly dying.  Looking for custom tune options for my 2018 Sierra 6.2L with 8-speed.

Fear Not!       I've been doing the 2017s A8s remotely with Efi Live for some time now as well as the Corvettes.

I have done a few 2018 Trucks locally, but I'm thinking I need about 2 weeks to be sure I can do it remotely with our AutoCal.

Some things have changed recently regarding how I prepare them and I've had to change my in-house setup around to

accommodate those changes. If anyone is local to me it might speed up the testing.

Chuck CoW

12 hours ago, Chuck CoW said:

Fear Not!       I've been doing the 2017s A8s remotely with Efi Live for some time now as well as the Corvettes.

I have done a few 2018 Trucks locally, but I'm thinking I need about 2 weeks to be sure I can do it remotely with our AutoCal.

Some things have changed recently regarding how I prepare them and I've had to change my in-house setup around to

accommodate those changes. If anyone is local to me it might speed up the testing.

Chuck CoW

Give the eAssists some love Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-04-02 at 2:12 PM, OkieTruckie said:

My 2017 8 speed will be tuned next week. Pays to know the only guy in Canada who’s a beta tester for efi live. 

On 4/19/2019 at 3:05 PM, Boostpatrol said:

My 2017 8 speed will be tuned next week. Pays to know the only guy in Canada who’s a beta tester for efi live. 

Post up your results when it's done. Hope it's not another swing and a miss situation with these T87A units.

And Justin at BlackBear, if you see this post, any new news about EFI Live being able to tune the T87A?

The results from this tune will be 18 whp peak, 32 whp mid range, 45 wtq peak. 

Intakes also are a waste of money and provide no gains while no air box provides no gains aswell. Headers and cat deletes also provide a loss in torque. This is why the only mod I did was a kn panel filter. The stock air box flows 700 hp on duramax before needing modification.

12 hours ago, Boostpatrol said:

The results from this tune will be 18 whp peak, 32 whp mid range, 45 wtq peak. 

Intakes also are a waste of money and provide no gains while no air box provides no gains aswell. Headers and cat deletes also provide a loss in torque. This is why the only mod I did was a kn panel filter. The stock air box flows 700 hp on duramax before needing modification.

??? You know the results before the tune is even done ???

And to be clear, you're claiming that your friend is going to tune your T87A using an Auto Cal (EFI Live) WITHOUT unlocking the TCM? And WITHOUT swapping the 2017 TCM with an earlier 2014-2016 TCM?