2015 Colorado and Canyon pricing announced

Josh

We're talking extended and crew cab midsize pickup trucks here (Colorado won't have a regular cab option)

Starting price on a REGULAR CAB Tacoma is $18, 125. Starting price on EXTENDED CAB Tacoma is $22,505.

Starting on the EXTENDED CAB Tacoma is $21,500 after delivery fee vs $20,995 for the Colorado after delivery is hardly competitive.

The reason why these trucks failed before was because you could by a comparatively trimmed full size for the same price or below, and the quality of the last gen colorado and canyons was a joke. They barely make good fleet vehicles.

I want these trucks to succeed just like everyone else, but why buy $30,000 top of the line colorado, when you can get a $30,000 mid to high level trimmed silverado for the same. Its the same crap that ran GM into the ground before.

Edited by DaveH71
  • Like 2

Starting on the EXTENDED CAB Tacoma is $21,500 after delivery fee vs $20,995 for the Colorado after delivery is hardly competitive.

The reason why these trucks failed before was because you could by a comparatively trimmed full size for the same price or below, and the quality of the last gen colorado and canyons was a joke. They barely make good fleet vehicles.

I want these trucks to succeed just like everyone else, but why buy $30,000 top of the line colorado, when you can get a $30,000 mid to high level trimmed silverado for the same. Its the same crap that ran GM into the ground before.

Exactly. GM never gets it. It's like they live under a pile of rocks or something.

• Like 1

Starting on the EXTENDED CAB Tacoma is $21,500 ...

Toyota should use your starting prices. I'm looking at thier web page right now, and it still says $22,505 including delivery charge on a base stripped Access cab.

Toyota should use your starting prices. I'm looking at thier web page right now, and it still says $22,505 including delivery charge on a base stripped Access cab.

Its dependent on the region you select, the farther west you go the more expensive it gets. Try an east coast state, i used PA because that's where i live.

Looks like the days of a reasonably priced vehicle from GM are long gone. :(

The days of a reliable one are too, so I'm not too broken up about the price. I WON'T be buying one. EVER.

As stated, the MSRP isn't the deciding factor. Incentives will make all the difference. I really like the looks of the new Colorado, but a Silverado for the same money (or just a couple grand more) is a no-brainer. The MSRP is inflated on all GM trucks (in my opinion) so a good incentive/rebate program might make these trucks worth looking at. Otherwise, I'll buy a HD gasser and have a whole lot more truck for the money.

We're talking about midsize trucks here. Not the tundra.

Starting price on the Tacoma is $18,125.

Starting on the Tundra is $26,200.

FIND those trucks... they barely exist..... When I sold we couldn't get the basic ones.... in 2006 for example only 2.5% of Tacoma was RC 4x2 stick roll windows, etc.....

Here's what gets me.... people whine for small trucks... gm gives a small truck yet wants to be paid for it (and with inflation is in line with S10 pricing, and these trucks are way bigger and nicer with more safety ) and people say "I can buy a fullsize for that" Uh, yeah that's probably why they all quit selling small trucks...........