krzyd's 2014 Denali

krzyd

13 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Nice I would just recommend traction bars. I need them BAD. I like the Caltracs but the Smiths are nicer and full bolt on with more adjustment. 

I may need some education on this.

1 hour ago, krzyd said:

I may need some education on this.

https://www.calvertracing.com/caltracs.html

https://smithracecraft.com/product-categories/rear-suspension/assassin-traction-bars 

Remove the overload leaf and adds traction bars. With the changed pinion angle, size of truck and new IC, also the power and weight. Wheel hop or worst broken parts are in the making. stops axle wrap and changes how the truck accelerates or how hard it "hits" the tires with weight trasfer.

The smith bolts on but the Calvert needs a solid bushing in the front. Plus the Smith is little better built, more adjustment and cheaper! 

Drove the truck for the first time Friday, felt good after second, but not what I want off the line, I think it is correctable. Braking was really good, as was the ride. There are still a few cosmetic things finishing up by Wed. I can go down 2 more pulley sizes on the supercharger, which I will be doing. I've posted the dyno sheet below

20180422_205944

She's back home now, gonna up the boost a bit in a week or so, and she needs a good detail. I really like how she's running and driving overall, I'm tweaked at my mechanic though, seems they neglected to power the intercooler pump, good thing I found it I guess. 

20180425_15202720180425_19584420180425_195853

Edited by krzyd
  • Like 1

Who you have tuning it? And if I was you I would log and save the data logs. That way you or anyone/tuner can look at the file and offer advice or point out issues. 

I have my tune looked at by 3-4 people and we are still finding things to change. But I'm sure someone would have seen the IAT and checked the intercooler. I use a cheap($30) laser temp sensor to see what the Inter cooler reads also. 

Makes me wonder what the power would have been with it working right. Heat soak on superchargers is the number one killer of power next is belt slip. 

Meth/alcohol can solve the heat issue. High end belt and machined groves in pulley can help slip. But at your power goal slip shouldn't be a issue yet. 

15 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Who you have tuning it? And if I was you I would log and save the data logs. That way you or anyone/tuner can look at the file and offer advice or point out issues. 

I have my tune looked at by 3-4 people and we are still finding things to change. But I'm sure someone would have seen the IAT and checked the intercooler. I use a cheap($30) laser temp sensor to see what the Inter cooler reads also. 

Makes me wonder what the power would have been with it working right. Heat soak on superchargers is the number one killer of power next is belt slip. 

Meth/alcohol can solve the heat issue. High end belt and machined groves in pulley can help slip. But at your power goal slip shouldn't be a issue yet. 

Right on all points, which is why I'm getting a re-tune next week, and likely going to another respected tuner afterwards to double check. I'll post new dyno numbers after

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bolted on, but it's not a perfect fit, I'm going to have the body shop graft it eventually, I got it from stylin' trucks.

Edited by krzyd

On 1/18/2018 at 12:55 PM, krzyd said:

So finallized parts orders today, with a couple of changes, changed supercharger to Magnacharger unit, something about the bypass actuator design, and better warranty. Oh...added one of these to each corner :).

brake_kit_140-8992-D-med-lg.jpg

Should have enough parts to get started next week!!!

Curious , how much did these cost you?

• 10 months later...
On 4/18/2018 at 4:55 PM, krzyd said:

Exhaust pics with cutouts

Hey, I was looking at your thread as I am looking for a roll pan for my 18' Silverado and noticed that you also have a Hellwig rear swaybar. Your links have the spacer in the wrong place, they are supposed to go between the sway and the link. Nice truck BTW. 

IMG_0725.JPG

• 6 months later...

UPDATES!

So at about 6 months after the build I decided I couldn't leave well enough alone, actually my rear diff was failing, so I upgraded front and rear gears to 4:11's. This was basically a ****ing nightmare, it was in multiple times for a redo, a couple bad gears, a couple bad seals, and one beefed up driveshaft later. 

20190416_170254

20190416_170321

So for the past few months after the initial work was done, I've been fighting some "ghost noises" from trans tunnel area. It sounds like a cross between metal on metal, and exhaust leak, very annoying, asked a bunch of people, no one could figure it out. I thought maybe a catalytic converter was the issue. So I took the opportunity to jettison them, got new headers, and 50 extra HP. The dyno was baseline with new headers before retune. This was done 2 months ago btw

20190911_184018

20190815_152337

20190912_082453

Edited by krzyd