The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

I know this is an odd question but I can’t seem to find a good answer on either of the websites and the dealer seemed to not want to use either program but does the GM supplier discount or the Costco discount lock in current incentives for WHEN you order the vehicle? 

I’m looking at buying a truck in 2 month and since I want a bit of a unicorn (3.0, Z71, standard bed, other options) I thought that I might order a vehicles get exactly what I want. I don’t want it coming in May and then having really bad incentives that month. 

thoughts?

I know this is an odd question but I can’t seem to find a good answer on either of the websites and the dealer seemed to not want to use either program but does the GM supplier discount or the Costco discount lock in current incentives for WHEN you order the vehicle? 

I’m looking at buying a truck in 2 month and since I want a bit of a unicorn (3.0, Z71, standard bed, other options) I thought that I might order a vehicles get exactly what I want. I don’t want it coming in May and then having really bad incentives that month. 

thoughts?

They do not lock in current incentives, I am GMS, every thing is contingent on when truck is delivered, if you order one and don’t like incentives, ask for deposit back and go order a new one at another dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I ordered mine on 2-24-2020 was told the next day they accepted it and the build week would be 3-16 so this coming week. Was told it will be built at the Ft Wayne plant. I need it to get here in March I would like the 0% financing, it looks like we are running out of time to reorder looks like 3-26 is the last day they will accept orders. I sold my 2017 truck  sure hope it doesn't take to long to get it here. Only about 140 miles north of Ft Wayne.

5 hours ago, disneybaker said:

They do not lock in current incentives, I am GMS, every thing is contingent on when truck is delivered, if you order one and don’t like incentives, ask for deposit back and go order a new one at another dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thank you. Can GMS be used on top of dealerships advertised sales (I’m not talking about national corporate incentives - just XYZ Chevy dealership discounts)? I ask because discounts on both sides seem so good that I am having trouble figuring out the wiggle room for negotiation (if any).

On 3/24/2020 at 2:34 PM, PtownVdub said:

The dealer placed my order for a 2020 Sierra SLT on March 12. Today I was notified that my order was at event code 3300 with a TPW of 04/06/2020.

Last I heard mine was a build date of March 23. The dealer called and told me that GM stopped production. I was aware of the situation and I’m fine with what GM is doing. I’m just trying to figure out when the Flint plant will start up production of the 2500 GMC Diesel trucks again. Will it be June? Anyone have an idea?

1 hour ago, Toops said:

Last I heard mine was a build date of March 23. The dealer called and told me that GM stopped production. I was aware of the situation and I’m fine with what GM is doing. I’m just trying to figure out when the Flint plant will start up production of the 2500 GMC Diesel trucks again. Will it be June? Anyone have an idea?

From what I have heard, production has been suspended indefinitely. When I inquired about my order last week I was told to check back two weeks after the production week to see if there were any updates. I don't mind waiting given everything that is going on in the world at the moment. I was just hoping to finally be done with the ongoing saga that resulted in the ordering of the 2020 as part of GM buying back my 2019.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:57 PM, PtownVdub said:

From what I have heard, production has been suspended indefinitely. When I inquired about my order last week I was told to check back two weeks after the production week to see if there were any updates. I don't mind waiting given everything that is going on in the world at the moment. I was just hoping to finally be done with the ongoing saga that resulted in the ordering of the 2020 as part of GM buying back my 2019.

I agree waiting giving the Pandemic and GM stepping up and doing a good thing for our country. My wife is upset because we don’t have a truck to pull our boat to go fishing. Oops. Sold my truck too early. Oh well. Thanks PtownVdub.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been stuck at 3800 since 3/4/20. My current lease was up last week, but I'm still waiting for my truck to be delivered. Not sure if the spray in bedliner for the Denali is holding things up or whether the closure would affect already built trucks. Hopefully it will be delivered soon... Knowing my luck, I'll get Covid and be on a 2 week quarantine when it finally gets delivered. I'm a healthcare worker in NY directly caring for these patients, so it is bound to happen.

Edited by fighting irish

Went to Chevy website and built one online and surprise surprise Corona comes and shuts down plant and dealers.
I found one at a dealer 600 miles away in CA that is not exactly what I wanted but had the important options so decided to pull the trigger.

It is in transit from Winter Chevrolet to North Bend Chevrolet
Below is the high level package details:
Crew Cab Short Box 4WD High Country with the following
3.0L Duramax Turbo-Diesel I6 engine
Technology Package
Safety Package II
Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
Power sunroof
Power-retractable assist steps
Z71 Off-Road Package
Outside power-adjustable vertical trailering mirrors with heated and auto-dimming driver and passenger upper glass.

I will post some pics in a week or two when I actually have the truck in my possession plus I will be lurking around looking for info on programmers and swapping out 3.23 to 3.42 gears. to get it back to close to factory gearing since I am planning on running 35" -36" tires.

Looking like BDS does not offer a lift kit for baby D-max trucks yet so lift will have to wait.