The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 5/21/2020 at 9:09 AM, fighting irish said:

Just picked up my new Sierra Denali Diesel yesterday. Ordered beginning of February, built March 4, under quality hold for a month and a half while the factory was closed. Finally delivered to the dealer and I picked it up last night.

Back to the service dept with 24 miles with P026A CEL.

Did they do anything to fix this? Have you had any return issues?

I have the same code on my 2020 Silverado RST Diesel 4x4 Z71

I cleared it once but it popped back on within a week. I'm at 645 miles. I got about 200 miles between time when the code showed back up.

Hello!

My local dealer and I placed an order on 6/19 for a Double Cab, RST, 6.2 w/Leather.

As of today 6/29 the order has yet to be picked up by GM due to a constraint on the 6.2 engine we’re told.

My salesmen can’t give me much information at this point. 
I’m just looking for some information from some of you who have gone through the ordering process recently if I should plan on seeing this truck anytime soon.
Thanks in advance..

Rich

On 6/15/2020 at 2:31 PM, PtownVdub said:

I just got word that my order is at event code 4B00. :thumbs:t

Now my truck is at status code 4200!

Does anyone know if there is a way to get an ETA on when the truck will show up at the dealer?

On 6/29/2020 at 8:37 PM, Puttnutt24 said:

Hello!

My local dealer and I placed an order on 6/19 for a Double Cab, RST, 6.2 w/Leather.

As of today 6/29 the order has yet to be picked up by GM due to a constraint on the 6.2 engine we’re told.

My salesmen can’t give me much information at this point. 
I’m just looking for some information from some of you who have gone through the ordering process recently if I should plan on seeing this truck anytime soon.
Thanks in advance..

Rich

My dealer placed the order for my truck mid June. It isn't scheduled for production until the week of 9/1, so I know there is at least a 60-90 day delay on it at the moment. I also have the 6.2. Maybe that is part of the delay.

Not sure if there is any truth to it, but my dealer also told me that GM doesn't plan on rolling the 2021 releases until mid-late Nov 2020 at the earliest. Due to the UAW strike and COVID, they are months behind schedule. 

My buddy's father in law had a Silverado 2500 on order since mid Feb and has yet to confirm a delivery date. 

Crazy times...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, childstoys said:

My dealer placed the order for my truck mid June. It isn't scheduled for production until the week of 9/1, so I know there is at least a 60-90 day delay on it at the moment. I also have the 6.2. Maybe that is part of the delay.

Not sure if there is any truth to it, but my dealer also told me that GM doesn't plan on rolling the 2021 releases until mid-late Nov 2020 at the earliest. Due to the UAW strike and COVID, they are months behind schedule. 

My buddy's father in law had a Silverado 2500 on order since mid Feb and has yet to confirm a delivery date. 

Crazy times...

Well that doesn't give me much hope lol.....

My order hasn't even been pulled yet..

I don't know, the closest truck similar to the truck I built is in Wyoming!

I live in California, road trip may be necessary...

Thanks

According to this Donlen link (Updated 6/1/20) things seem to be on track. 

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-gm.html

According to this one though (updated 6/22/20) production across the board seems to be delayed pretty bad. 

Specifically the Silverado / Sierra line have a ton of delays and a 16 week lead time. 

https://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-gm.html

Anyone read this differently or have any info that helps make more sense of these timelines? I’m new to the whole GM build process but the way I read the info in the last link doesn’t seem promising. 

How do I get an event code for my truck? Through the Chevy chat I was told it left Mexico via ship last Tuesday. Headed towards south Florida. 

how do I get an event code to know where it’s at next? Or if it arrived at the port 

7 hours ago, krisftw said:

How do I get an event code for my truck? Through the Chevy chat I was told it left Mexico via ship last Tuesday. Headed towards south Florida. 

how do I get an event code to know where it’s at next? Or if it arrived at the port 

Chevy chat is your best way. Your sales representative can check for you also. Your vehicle is at event code 4200 in transit. Your next update will be event code 4800. When the boat arrives in port and your vehicle is unloaded. Mine has been sitting in a port about a 140 miles south of me for 2 weeks as of today. Just waiting for the car carrier company to pick it up along with a lot of other cars. My salesman did call the car carrier company up. And they yelled and cursed at him and promptly hung up. So. He’s hoping maybe within 2 weeks?? Not bad for being ordered in February. 

8 hours ago, Chevyguy273 said:

Chevy chat is your best way. Your sales representative can check for you also. Your vehicle is at event code 4200 in transit. Your next update will be event code 4800. When the boat arrives in port and your vehicle is unloaded. Mine has been sitting in a port about a 140 miles south of me for 2 weeks as of today. Just waiting for the car carrier company to pick it up along with a lot of other cars. My salesman did call the car carrier company up. And they yelled and cursed at him and promptly hung up. So. He’s hoping maybe within 2 weeks?? Not bad for being ordered in February. 

Dang since Feb!!! I don’t have that kind of patience lol. 

ok awesome I’ll contact the chat. Hopefully mine doesn’t sit at the port that long. Port is 10 mins away from me. I’ll pick that thing up myself lol!

Also cannot get an event code from the chat. Person said due to the "current market condition" they cannot provide an event code. ??

Edited by krisftw

I just got my event code of 4200 from chat. I left the plant in Silao Mexico on 4 July by rail. I assume that they come into the US to a distribution center somewhere?

I was able to connect my onstar. Clicked on locate my vehicle and got an exact location. Not even my dealer has any idea where it’s at.

Maybe you can do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, krisftw said:

I was able to connect my onstar. Clicked on locate my vehicle and got an exact location. Not even my dealer has any idea where it’s at.

Maybe you can do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... that’s pretty wild that you can actually do that. Lol.