The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

GM giving false info to customers,spoke to GM yesterday for an update on my order,they said the truck was built and waiting to be shipped which will take 17 business days.Got a call from my salesman and he said the truck arrived this morning and just waiting for the PDI and can be picked up on saturday.

6 minutes ago, fishlessam said:

GM giving false info to customers,spoke to GM yesterday for an update on my order,they said the truck was built and waiting to be shipped which will take 17 business days.Got a call from my salesman and he said the truck arrived this morning and just waiting for the PDI and can be picked up on saturday.

Out of curiosity.  When did you order, where are you, and do you know where your truck was built? 

Crazy.  I ordered December 10th.   I’m in Florida and truck is coming from Mexico.   I had event code 4150 on February 1st.   It actually could’ve been sooner than that, but that’s the first time we started looking.

Standard bed, and painted moldings or I would’ve just bought one off a lot somewhere. 

What truck did you order Fishlessam?

Edited by FloridaFarmer

4 hours ago, fishlessam said:

I literally had the same thing happen. Spoke to live chat and they said its sitting in a yard in Michigan. Same day my dealer called and said the truck was delivered and its going through PDI. 

I also had them tell me congratulations your corvette was built! Even though during the live chat you need to specify which vehicle you ordered.... 

23 hours ago, Chrisd534 said:

I literally had the same thing happen. Spoke to live chat and they said its sitting in a yard in Michigan. Same day my dealer called and said the truck was delivered and its going through PDI. 

I also had them tell me congratulations your corvette was built! Even though during the live chat you need to specify which vehicle you ordered.... 

That is hilarious.

On 2/26/2020 at 5:11 PM, FloridaFarmer said:

Crazy.  I ordered December 10th.   I’m in Florida and truck is coming from Mexico.   I had event code 4150 on February 1st.   It actually could’ve been sooner than that, but that’s the first time we started looking.

Standard bed, and painted moldings or I would’ve just bought one off a lot somewhere. 

What truck did you order Fishlessam?

2020 DENALI CARBON PRO 1500 WHITE FROST,6.2l engine 4X4. 

I still haven't heard anything from my dealer about my order for the trail boss custom with the 6.2. I went online with customer service and they said that the truck is on hold and that they are waiting till the next batch of orders comes in, Whatever that means ! Nobody will give me any answers as if the truck will be produced or not. ?

GM is making it pretty hard to buy a truck from them. 

Back in 2018 I decided it was time to buy a new truck, replace my 2012 F150. When the 2019 GMC's came out the redesign made it an easy choice-I wanted a new GMC 1500, the Fords just don't look good to me anymore(and I'm sick of the ecoboost). 

I was definitely disappointed when the 19 models came out and trailering mirrors weren't an option. I love the trailering mirrors on my Ford, no way I'm spending 60 grand on a new truck and not getting them. Just be patient they said, trailering mirrors should be a mid year option.

Well, it was what April or May of 2019 before GM finally got around to offering trailering mirrors on a vehicle that is supposed to be able to tow...but the mirrors were going to be an option on the 2020 models. So I was patient.

Finally, the 2020 models were available to order, but the mirrors that I had been waiting on for months were only available on a few models, not the SLT with max tow that I wanted. Be patient they said, they will be available on that model soon...

I think it was September before my dealer said they could finally spec a 2020 SLT with max tow and the trailering mirrors. The next day I was at the dealer happily placing my order. Dealer couldn't really give me any projected build time because of the strike.

About a month later my salesmen called with bad news. The truck I had ordered was one of 66 in the whole country with similar specs and they were having some kind of parts issue and now they WERE NOT going to be building SLTs with the trailering mirrors(very soon thereafter the build & price website also reflected the change). 

I thought about it...and then January 2 of this year I walked in and ordered an AT4 with the trailering mirrors. Dealer said they were expecting 8-10 weeks for delivery.

4 weeks after ordering I checked with the dealer, no updates. It is an accepted order but no TPW, but they thought it should be soon since GM had told my dealer that any current orders should be 6-8 for delivery. They gave me the order number and each week since I've checked with GM chat, same story; valid accepted order but no production date.

It is now 7 weeks since my order was placed. My dealer tried to find out why there is no production date yet, tried to get the order fast tracked or whatever, and now they are being told that GM is NOT going to build the truck with the trailering mirrors, with no real explanation. 

A quick check of GM's inventory  website brings up multiple trucks around the country in the process of being delivered or recently delivered with nearly identical specs(one truck I looked at has identical spec but is already sold). 

My dealer might be doing something wrong, but GM is beyond frustrating to deal with.