The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 4/14/2020 at 5:52 AM, fighting irish said:

I've been stuck at 3800 since 3/4/20. My current lease was up last week, but I'm still waiting for my truck to be delivered. Not sure if the spray in bedliner for the Denali is holding things up or whether the closure would affect already built trucks. Hopefully it will be delivered soon... Knowing my luck, I'll get Covid and be on a 2 week quarantine when it finally gets delivered. I'm a healthcare worker in NY directly caring for these patients, so it is bound to happen.

God bless your soul! Thank you so much for your commitment to patients in need during this crisis.

Thinking about ordering a Chevy. There's only one in my area that is 95% what I want and I just can't get excited about the color no matter how hard I try. Can someone lend some insight on the ordering process and what I should expect? I know production is shut down ATM but I have time wait a few months if necessary. 

5 hours ago, davester said:

It is completely, utterly, totally unknown when you can expect a truck you ordered now.

I just spoke with the dealer and he said the same to me. That's fine as I am totally cool with waiting a few months, however, he told me that he was told that anything ordered now, would be far enough back in the queue that it will end up being a 2021 model. FWIW that's not a problem with me, but I thought I would pass it along to anyone else who was curious. 

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with my dealer last week and was told the Flint Plant would start up with one crew on May 4th. Got a call from the dealership yesterday and was told the start up was moved to the 18th of May. It changes every day it seems. I’ll just keep in the loop with my dealership and one day they will call and tell me they started production. ?

On 4/20/2020 at 3:14 PM, davester said:

It is completely, utterly, totally unknown when you can expect a truck you ordered now.

I ordered my AT4 on Feb 24th (Acceptance day), dealership told me Monday they have no idea where it is at other than it has been shipped, which I totally don't understand why they don't have shipping ID's.  It was produced on March 25th.  If they were not holding my $10k from my trade, I would go buy something else.  Have not had a truck in 14 weeks since my 2014 LTZ blew a converter.

good morning all, long time lurker, first time poster;

I finally bit the bullet and ordered my truck on Friday, dealer said (for what that's worth) that the plan is to open plants up on 18 May or 1 June, and then it will be 8 to 10 weeks after that...

IMHO, that sounds rather optimistic.  That's about the timeline if the factories had not stopped (the 8-10 weeks).  But, there's a backlog of vehicles to be made, both to restock dealers, and vehicles that have been ordered already that are piling up.

On 4/20/2020 at 8:34 PM, redvettez06 said:

I just spoke with the dealer and he said the same to me. That's fine as I am totally cool with waiting a few months, however, he told me that he was told that anything ordered now, would be far enough back in the queue that it will end up being a 2021 model. FWIW that's not a problem with me, but I thought I would pass it along to anyone else who was curious. 

I was at my dealer today and he pulled up my order for the hell of it and he is now seeing build dates. My TB was ordered on 2/21 and never had a build date. My build date is now 7/13/20. I not really expecting it to be fulfilled now. I thought they would start build 2021's in July. I do know it is coming from Ft Wayne and I believe they are starting back into production on the 18th.

8 hours ago, davester said:

IMHO, that sounds rather optimistic.  That's about the timeline if the factories had not stopped (the 8-10 weeks).  But, there's a backlog of vehicles to be made, both to restock dealers, and vehicles that have been ordered already that are piling up.

agree on the timeline - I am in week 12 and still no truck

14 hours ago, my2004sss said:

agree on the timeline - I am in week 12 and still no truck

The realist in me would be happy if I got my truck by August. It would be nice to get some new wheels before deploying again...

On a somewhat separate note, I would never want to root against the American worker, or our engines of industry; but it would be nice if the current incentives lasted until I took delivery of my new truck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up my new Sierra Denali Diesel yesterday. Ordered beginning of February, built March 4, under quality hold for a month and a half while the factory was closed. Finally delivered to the dealer and I picked it up last night.

Back to the service dept with 24 miles with P026A CEL.

67447F2F-0841-4F04-9BDE-885240772E69.jpeg

• Like 1

Sales of pickups in April of 2019 were over 900,000 units but in April of 2020 they sold less than 500,000 units. Lots of surplus inventory on dealer lots and lots of good deals for trucks if you want to save $10,000. At this point I am going to wait for the 2021 models to arrive and see if GM is finally going to offer a large gas tank option for its 1500 class pickups.

• Like 1

My truck was ordered on 2/24 production date of 4/6 that of course got pushed back. Bored today decided to check status at Chevy.com. And believe it or not. They gave me the vin number and told me it’s been made. Somehow the truck was produced in the last week and it’s waiting to be delivered to the dealership. Absolutely amazing. I was expecting to be told you have to order a 2021. 

• Like 1