The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

4 hours ago, redvettez06 said:

Seems like they aren't making a whole lot of the diesels. We haven't had a new one come in on delivery since COVID hit. 

The GMC that I ordered is a diesel. The GMC dealerships around the Portland Oregon area seem to be getting diesels in however they don't last long on the lot. The local Chevrolet dealerships don't seem to be getting many if any of the diesels.

I'm a new guy, and waiting for my truck too. Trail Boss LT with the 6.2. Dealership has 0 TB on the lot. They also didn't have any 6.2 to test drive. I bought my truck only seeing a marketing picture and being told it should arrive in about 2 weeks. I hope this gamble doesn't backfire on me since it is my first truck ever. I have a VIN, and would love to track my truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Transient said:

I'm a new guy, and waiting for my truck too. Trail Boss LT with the 6.2. Dealership has 0 TB on the lot. They also didn't have any 6.2 to test drive. I bought my truck only seeing a marketing picture and being told it should arrive in about 2 weeks. I hope this gamble doesn't backfire on me since it is my first truck ever. I have a VIN, and would love to track my truck.

Just went through the same thing.... I've bought 5 new trucks in my lifetime at this point and this has been the strangest buying process I've ever been through by far. Buying a truck sight unseen is just not something I'm used to, though the dealership acts like it's no big deal. My truck isn't even supposed to be built until the first week of September. Hopefully there aren't any additional pandemics, world wars or asteroids between now and then other wise I wont have a vehicle as I am extending my lease while waiting for my truck. Any additional delay means I will not have a truck to drive.  ?

I never leave myself in this type of position, but there's not much of a choice when there is literally zero inventory anywhere, especially on the east coast.  

Edited by childstoys
  • Like 1

Just went through the same thing.... I've bought 5 new trucks in my lifetime at this point and this has been the strangest buying process I've ever been through by far. Buying a truck sight unseen is just not something I'm used, though the dealership acts like it's no big deal. My truck isn't even supposed to be built until the first week of September. Hopefully there aren't any additional pandemics, world wars or asteroids between now and then other wise I wont have a vehicle as I am extending my lease while waiting for my truck. Any additional delay means I will not have a truck to drive.  [emoji27]

I never leave myself in this type of position, but there's not much of a choice when there is literally zero inventory anywhere, especially on the east coast.  
I'm on the east coast, too. I picked one that was inbound instead of doing a custom order, so my wait will be much shorter. I can't wait until September. I'm moving to the west coast next month. Fortunately, I own the car I'm trading in. I told the dealership that I get to keep my current car until my truck arrives. Barring something like a wreck happening, I'm in a good spot.

1 hour ago, Transient said:

I'm on the east coast, too. I picked one that was inbound instead of doing a custom order, so my wait will be much shorter. I can't wait until September. I'm moving to the west coast next month. Fortunately, I own the car I'm trading in. I told the dealership that I get to keep my current car until my truck arrives. Barring something like a wreck happening, I'm in a good spot.

I tried to get something inbound but everything within 100+ miles was either already sold or was coming with ZERO options. I ended up going with a black on black TB LT with the 6.2 with just about every option you can get on the TB. Every dealer I spoke to basically said "Yeah, good luck... Let us know where they are if you find one." lol. 

There was not much else of an option out there for me, so unfortunately it looks like I'm waiting. Hoping it all works out. Good luck with your new truck and the process.

The anticipation is absolutely killing me. I feel like I'm a kid waiting for Santa, but Christmas Eve is 3 months long. lol

• Like 1

I tried to get something inbound but everything within 100+ miles was either already sold or was coming with ZERO options. I ended up going with a black on black TB LT with the 6.2 with just about every option you can get on the TB. Every dealer I spoke to basically said "Yeah, good luck... Let us know where they are if you find one." lol. 

There was not much else of an option out there for me, so unfortunately it looks like I'm waiting. Hoping it all works out. Good luck with your new truck and the process.

The anticipation is absolutely killing me. I feel like I'm a kid waiting for Santa, but Christmas Eve is 3 months long. lol

I wish I'd known, and knew your location. The dealer 2 miles from my house had a black on black TB LT sitting on their lot for a few days. When I started looking at TrueCar, that dealership sent me a video via email of the truck. It was very well equipped, including the All Star package. I think it was sold this weekend. I'm not seeing it parked out front anymore. I went with a dealer further away because they were more receptive. I didn't want the black truck. I want blue (which is what I bought). The dealership nearest me gave me a "Get in line" kind of response and said it would be 2 months for anything. However, I went in a week later, not letting them know I'd inquired a week before, and they said they had a blue one inbound and it would be here in a month. They tried to sell me right then and there. Seeing they were 2-faced I didn't want to deal with them and walked away. Now my only issue is the dealership I'm dealing with is having difficulty with the taxes and fees. They don't understand my situation, and I don't blame them. It's rather unique. I'm having to prove a tax exempt status without the typical tax exempt paperwork. They called my state of residence and finally got it sorted out today. Now they've messed up the registration and title fees, to which there are exemptions, too. We're getting it worked out. It's just a bit frustrating that I've held their hand, told them what to say, and they still don't get it right. If I could just sit in the same room for a conference call, have them call the state tax commission and DMV, then ask all the questions for them, then they'd get it straight. Managed to clear the big hurdle. Now to jump over the little one. 3 years ago this took 2 and a half weeks to clear up. So far we're only at 2 days. I can probably get that cleared up tomorrow.

Edit: spelling and grammar

Hello.

My order was only placed a few weeks ago and I'm not expecting any news real soon.

But I was wondering the status of the progress in the plants.

Does anyone have any updated information if the factories are back up to speed and if that second shift ever materialized.

On 7/14/2020 at 2:27 PM, Puttnutt24 said:

Hello.

My order was only placed a few weeks ago and I'm not expecting any news real soon.

But I was wondering the status of the progress in the plants.

Does anyone have any updated information if the factories are back up to speed and if that second shift ever materialized.

I've been watching for updates pretty closely because the TPD on my build is still over a month away. The only resources I have found out there are the links below. Doesn't tell me much other then things seem delayed pretty badly. These pages are getting somewhat outdated at this point too IMO. Hoping they will be updated again soon with more relevant information, especially with new COVID restrictions rolling through many states. 

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-gm.html

https://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-gm.html

Anyone else have any updated information they can share????

• Like 1

Also found these articles too... Just released in the last few days. Seems that all GMs attention is towards the Silverado / Sierra lines right now. Good for us here I guess. 

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/07/general-motors-sending-laid-off-workers-to-truck-plants/

https://www.torquenews.com/3768/gm-bringing-more-workers-build-2021-chevy-silverados

• Like 1

For S&Gs I emailed my dealer last night to see if he had any update on my order. Turns out he said the truck is at production code 3400, which is supposed to mean its ready for production. I just checked with chevy.com and the chat girl told me the TPW is now next week 7/27! 

The paperwork from the order originally said TPW 8/29... Has anyone else experienced this??? Is it maybe due to more workers on the line? I know it's still subject to change but I wasn't expecting to hear it was bumped up a month! Hopefully this is true! ?

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 8:01 AM, childstoys said:

For S&Gs I emailed my dealer last night to see if he had any update on my order. Turns out he said the truck is at production code 3400, which is supposed to mean its ready for production. I just checked with chevy.com and the chat girl told me the TPW is now next week 7/27! 

The paperwork from the order originally said TPW 8/29... Has anyone else experienced this??? Is it maybe due to more workers on the line? I know it's still subject to change but I wasn't expecting to hear it was bumped up a month! Hopefully this is true! ?

I too hope this is true!

Good luck. I hope you see your truck soon.

Can I ask when your dealership placed your order?