The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 9/23/2020 at 8:07 PM, redvettez06 said:

I didn't special order a truck but I have been waiting forever for this truck to arrive at a dealership. They have it listed on their website, but the saleswoman says it is "in transit". It has been that way for 3 weeks. What should I do? Is there some place that I can call or look up online to determine where it is in the line? I have a inventory number and VIN if that helps. 

Go to Chevy.com and initiate a chat. If you give them the VIN they may be able to tell you where it's at or at least how far along in the process it is. From recent experience, no one seems to know where these trucks are until they arrive on the door step of the dealer. Or they don't care to share the info. 

The dealer should have the most up to date info. But they need to press to get it as well. My dealer told me that even his system is behind a few days. Unreal that I can buy a pack of razors from Amazon and track them to my door, but you buy a $60k truck and no one knows anything about it until it shows up on a car carrier. Welcome to 2020 I guess. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 8:07 PM, redvettez06 said:

I didn't special order a truck but I have been waiting forever for this truck to arrive at a dealership. They have it listed on their website, but the saleswoman says it is "in transit". It has been that way for 3 weeks. What should I do? Is there some place that I can call or look up online to determine where it is in the line? I have a inventory number and VIN if that helps. 

Send me the VIN and I will pull it up in GM Global.  As a dealer, I know that usually GM will give us the stock number/VIN number weeks in advance (Right when it's built).  Some accounting departments like to then stock the vehicle into the DMS.  The consequence of this is it will show as inventory for all their websites.  Most likely it's truly in transit but I can confirm that.  

• Like 1

Well guys, I ordered my personal 2021 High Country 1500 last week.  Sold my Duramax, decided on going back to a half ton for daily comfort.  She should be here in mid-November (fingers crossed).  Ordered her pretty much maxed out for a Chevy; sticker right around $73,000.  

• Black w/ Black Interior
  • 4WD, Crew Cab, Short Bed
  • High Country Deluxe Package
  • Technology Package
  • Performance Package
  • Safety Package II
  • Power Assist Steps
  • Black Bowtie Emblems
  • 22” High Gloss Black SGM Wheels
  • Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover
  • Like 1

Any other buyers have any recent delivery times to share or possibly some of the dealers on here? Didn’t order a truck, but threw down a deposit on a truck that is being delivered to a local dealer. The truck was built mid September in Mexico and has been sitting at the port for a couple weeks. Dealership is in central CA. Sold the wife’s Wrangler, so the sooner we can get the truck the better. Thinking mid October at the soonest is the most realistic time frame. 

Any other buyers have any recent delivery times to share or possibly some of the dealers on here? Didn’t order a truck, but threw down a deposit on a truck that is being delivered to a local dealer. The truck was built mid September in Mexico and has been sitting at the port for a couple weeks. Dealership is in central CA. Sold the wife’s Wrangler, so the sooner we can get the truck the better. Thinking mid October at the soonest is the most realistic time frame. 
Your biggest problem is that you're in California (I share the pain with you). According to this website, depending on the port, you could be waiting a bit longer than usual. Just look at all the counties on the coast in the strictest level.

https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/#reopening-data

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Transient said:

Your biggest problem is that you're in California (I share the pain with you). According to this website, depending on the port, you could be waiting a bit longer than usual. Just look at all the counties on the coast in the strictest level.

Bummer. Thought all the Covid delays were factory related. Figured once it was built things were good to go. We have a loaner vehicle from family, so not the end of the world.

On 10/2/2020 at 4:08 PM, Transient said:

2 pieces of good news this morning. Got an update that the truck is on its way to the port in Ventura County. Also appears that Ventury County will be dropping down to the red tier as soon as today.

2 pieces of good news this morning. Got an update that the truck is on its way to the port in Ventura County. Also appears that Ventury County will be dropping down to the red tier as soon as today.
Looks like Ventura County is doing better than San Diego County. San Diego has been red for awhile now, but the numbers don't look as good as Ventura. Many people down here are blaming SDSU students.

15 hours ago, Transient said:

Looks like Ventura County is doing better than San Diego County. San Diego has been red for awhile now, but the numbers don't look as good as Ventura. Many people down here are blaming SDSU students.

My gut feeling is the whole state and/or country is going to take a turn back the other way. I’m praying the truck gets here ASAP before things get bad again. The same day the Chevy chat told me it was in transit from the Mexico port to Ventura port the dealer called us and told us it was in California. Not sure who to believe. Hopefully it arrives before the end of the month.

On Sept 28th, I ordered Sierra 1500 4WD Double Cab SLE w/ Duramax 3.0, Cayenne Red,  20" alloys, and Off-Road and Protection Package (and a few other baubles). Due "8 to 10 weeks". Not what I wanted to hear, but I'm settling in for the long run. Really excited to get this truck. Been Jonesing for a pickup ever since 2001, when I sold my Silverado for a kid-seat-friendly Trailblazer.

"Open bed or death!"

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a 2021 Sierra AT4 Carbon Pro with the 3.0 diesel on the 28th of September. Not sure where it will be built, or if the Carbon Pro is built in all three locations. It was ordered through an independent dealer/broker, but I don't know if that will delay the build and delivery. The dealer hasn't shared any information with me regarding build lead time or delivery date, but I don't know how long it normally takes GM to process the order, or what the current build lead time is. Any input would be appreciated.