The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

Early last week I special ordered a 21 Sierra, reg cab, 8ft bed, 5.3L, 4x4, locking rear diff, high output alternator, up fitter switches, integrated trailer brake controller, spray in bed liner, dark sky metallic last week. No pictures, not even a VIN yet. 

Paperwork is signed, deal is done!

I pick it up tomorrow when the rain stops. My pops always taught me... Never buy a vehicle in the rain or in the dark. Come sunshine anything you didn’t see is not their problem now. 

2DCA4ABB-00EB-4342-880B-082770FCD0B8.thumb.jpeg.a9e52315d44c9c1abde93050fb9ae82d.jpeg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, childstoys said:

Paperwork is signed, deal is done!

I pick it up tomorrow when the rain stops. My pops always taught me... Never buy a vehicle in the rain or in the dark. Come sunshine anything you didn’t see is not their problem now. 

2DCA4ABB-00EB-4342-880B-082770FCD0B8.thumb.jpeg.a9e52315d44c9c1abde93050fb9ae82d.jpeg

Well, if the paperwork is done it's already yours, too late, you already bought it.

2 hours ago, eppieguy said:

Well, if the paperwork is done it's already yours, too late, you already bought it.

Funny thing... A few years back a friend of mine bought a work van and couldn't take delivery until a few days later. In the mean time someone was returning a test drive vehicle and hit his van. He refused to take delivery and got his lawyer involved. They killed the deal.... I guess anything is possible. 

Must be why my truck is sitting in a separate locked garage by itself until I get there later today. Getting excited!!! 

Besides who wants to drive off the lot in a wet dirty truck??? 

Edited by childstoys

1 hour ago, childstoys said:

Funny thing... A few years back a friend of mine bought a work van and couldn't take delivery until a few days later. In the mean time someone was returning a test drive vehicle and hit his van. He refused to take delivery and got his lawyer involved. They killed the deal.... I guess anything is possible. 

Must be why my truck is sitting in a separate locked garage by itself until I get there later today. Getting excited!!! 

Besides who wants to drive off the lot in a wet dirty truck??? 

Totally agree, I would never take delivery or drive away with a new vehicle in the rain or wet roads.  Enjoy it! 

• Like 1

Been too busy loving my truck to post pics... lol. Picked her up Friday. Great experience at my dealer, absolutely love the truck. Worked out a great deal and 100K warranty. 

The 6.2 has way more power then I expected! Also really love the black badging and accents of the Midnight Edition. 

I ordered the Range Auto Stop Disabler within 2 hours of owning the truck. lol. 

Stubby Antenna installed yesterday. Rear seat covers have been on order should be in within the next few weeks. Tonneau should be here Friday. Exhaust next week. 

Scheduled for tint tomorrow and ceramic coating Thursday.... Wasting no time turning it into what I want. 

Thank you everyone for all the advice during the delivery process. This is really a great community and I look forward to being part of it for years to come. I'm back in a Bowtie and couldn't be happier! Hope she's a good one. 

IMG_5156.thumb.JPEG.26cb8eed88192270ea8c842b87a16c83.JPEGIMG_5168.thumb.JPEG.e3c63d56476528d7422c33d0840c0df3.JPEGIMG_5158.thumb.JPEG.09414fc5818da6fd1b45725fd4f87f37.JPEGIMG_5146.thumb.JPEG.afa77c1cb33dccb11ab8b7b976911cc8.JPEG

Been too busy loving my truck to post pics... lol. Picked her up Friday. Great experience at my dealer, absolutely love the truck. Worked out a great deal and 100K warranty. 

The 6.2 has way more power then I expected! Also really love the black badging and accents of the Midnight Edition. 

I ordered the Range Auto Stop Disabler within 2 hours of owning the truck. lol. 

Stubby Antenna installed yesterday. Rear seat covers have been on order should be in within the next few weeks. Tonneau should be here Friday. Exhaust next week. 

Scheduled for tint tomorrow and ceramic coating Thursday.... Wasting no time turning it into what I want. 

Thank you everyone for all the advice during the delivery process. This is really a great community and I look forward to being part of it for years to come. I'm back in a Bowtie and couldn't be happier! Hope she's a good one. 

IMG_5156.thumb.JPEG.26cb8eed88192270ea8c842b87a16c83.JPEGIMG_5168.thumb.JPEG.e3c63d56476528d7422c33d0840c0df3.JPEGIMG_5158.thumb.JPEG.09414fc5818da6fd1b45725fd4f87f37.JPEGIMG_5146.thumb.JPEG.afa77c1cb33dccb11ab8b7b976911cc8.JPEG
If you want the 6.2L badge to match the ones on your tailgate, it is available in black. I got them from my dealer. It wasn't expensive at all. Iirc, less than $30.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Transient said:

If you want the 6.2L badge to match the ones on your tailgate, it is available in black. I got them from my dealer. It wasn't expensive at all. Iirc, less than $30.

Thanks... my 6.2 badges came black though. Actually I just ordered black Z71 badges for the upper genders. I saw a few plastidiped ones and didn’t like they way they looked.  

Special ordered a 21 Sierra SLT yesterday. Pacific Blue with Dark Walnut/Slate, Premium plus package, Performance package, Technology package, towing mirrors (forced with max tow package), max tow package, 6.2, bedside storage, and some other goodies - sunroof, floor mats, etc. The order type on the build sheet says SRE-Retail Sold and it gives me an allocation group. 

I'm hoping this comes in around Christmas so I can get some good discounts

Thanks... my 6.2 badges came black though. Actually I just ordered black Z71 badges for the upper genders. I saw a few plastidiped ones and didn’t like they way they looked.  
Oh, okay. I looked at the first pic you attached, and it shows chrome 6.2L badges on the hood. Where are you getting the black Z71 badges from? I've been looking for some, but haven't found any I like yet.

1 hour ago, Transient said:

Oh, okay. I looked at the first pic you attached, and it shows chrome 6.2L badges on the hood. Where are you getting the black Z71 badges from? I've been looking for some, but haven't found any I like yet.

To be honest, I bought them off EBay and probably paid entirely too much lol. Friend of mine does some really great work with his high end 3D printer and said he could make a set for me out of black plastic if I gave him mine to analyze, but said he wouldn’t be able to do it for a few months. Unfortunately I am entirely too impatient for that, so I bought a set lol. 

Hopefully they’re nice. The seller gets good reviews at least. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383695204965

Hello all! First time getting around to buying a Chevy. Was finally able to locate a 2020 TB in Summit White with 6.2L motor out of Idaho after being turned down by GM in May for a special order. Put the deposit down and signing paperwork tomorrow, then just have to send the transport company over to pick it up! Been on the forums for quite some time from all the vehicles I have owned. Been sneaking around the forum for awhile and decided to finally join (4 months later....).

Lots of good info from everyone and excited to finally get my truck and start modding! Already have a spreadsheet with everything laid out ready to go. 

On 9/15/2020 at 2:29 PM, Dave520 said:

Special ordered a 21 Sierra SLT yesterday. Pacific Blue with Dark Walnut/Slate, Premium plus package, Performance package, Technology package, towing mirrors (forced with max tow package), max tow package, 6.2, bedside storage, and some other goodies - sunroof, floor mats, etc. The order type on the build sheet says SRE-Retail Sold and it gives me an allocation group. 

I'm hoping this comes in around Christmas so I can get some good discounts

Tow mirrors aren't tied to NHT anymore. 

For SLT they are required by the technology package. 

DQS   Mirrors, outside power-adjustable vertical trailering with heated and auto-dimming upper glass, lower convex mirrors, turn signal indicators, puddle lamps, perimeter lighting, auxiliary lighting and memory; power folding/ manual extending
SLT - Requires (CWM) Technology Package.

CWM   Technology Package, includes (UVS) HD Surround Vision, (DRZ) Rear Camera Mirror, (UVN) Bed View Camera and (UV6) Multicolor 15" Diagonal Head-Up Display
SLT - Requires (DQS) outside power adjustable vertical trailering mirrors, (RGK) Acknowledgement, (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II and (PDY) SLT Preferred Package. Includes (UHS) 8" Digital Driver information Center.
AT4 - Requires (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II and (PDO) AT4 Preferred Package. Includes (UHS) 8" Digital Driver information Center.
Denali - Included with (PEC) Denali Ultimate Package. Requires (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II.

NHT   Max Trailering Package, includes 9.76" rear axle, (GU6) 3.42 axle ratio, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs, increased RGAWR and (KW5) 220-amp alternator
SLE and Elevation - Not available with (TRE) stock order types. Available for (SRE) sold order types only. Requires (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine and 18" or 20" wheels and tires. Includes (JL1) trailer brake controller. Not available with 22" LPO wheels or (X31) X31 Off-Road Package.
SLT - When ordered with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine (NHT) is not available with (TRE) stock order types. Available for (SRE) sold order types only with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine. (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine is available for (TRE) stock order types. Requires (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and 18" or 20" wheels and tires. Not available with 22" LPO wheels, or (X31) X31 Off-Road Package.

Sounds like a great truck!

I didn't special order a truck but I have been waiting forever for this truck to arrive at a dealership. They have it listed on their website, but the saleswoman says it is "in transit". It has been that way for 3 weeks. What should I do? Is there some place that I can call or look up online to determine where it is in the line? I have a inventory number and VIN if that helps.