The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 12/15/2020 at 12:34 PM, Vinnie Cura said:

Anyone else having shipping issues? my '21 AT4 (standard bed, 6.2, cardinal red) was ordered 10/8, built 11/10, and now still sitting in mexico. Neither my dealer nor GM have any idea when it will ship. Talk about frustrating!

I'm encountering a similar issue albeit my truck isn't sitting in Mexico. 

I bought an "in transit" 2021 Trail Boss LT, built at the Mexico plant,  that has been sitting in a rail yard in Mesquite,tx for the last 4+ weeks.  

The dealer is unable to provide me with a date as to when this vehicle will actually arrive. This is an extremely frustrating situation. 

Just to add a little extra fuel to my current level of dissatisfaction with this whole mess, this same dealer just received a Mexican built Trail Boss a couple of days ago sporting a much later build vin number than mine. 

If anyone has any clues about this mess I would like to hear them. 

Hope your truck starts moving your way soon. 

On 11/24/2020 at 1:38 PM, MostlyHarmless said:

New guy here,

Ordered a 21 Sierra 1500 AT4 with standard bed, 6.2, and most of the goodies on 10/16, GMC chat tells me it's supposed to get built this week. Hopefully that means I'll have it mid-December. Can't wait!

Built the week of Thanksgiving in Mexico. Flew down and picked it up yesterday, was delivered to the dealership on 12/9. Nice 5 and a half hour drive home, the adaptive cruise works well for sure. I'm also very happy with the performance exhaust, sounds awesome to me, not too loud. ?

Getting the front side windows tinted tomorrow to match the rest.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:37 AM, bstraty said:

I was updated yesterday. 

My truck is in and at the dealership! They did PDI and dealer installed items. Now it’s gone for protective film and ceramic coat. 
I’m pretty surprised with how quick it ended up being. 

Well, took deliver of my truck today! Was getting protective film and ceramic coating etc before I was able to make it to town to pick it up. 

Love the truck! 105km on it so far and can’t wait to get more. Good thing we have a winter storm coming tomorrow... 

Pretty quick overall. Good luck to those out there still waiting. 

E8399D2C-0048-48CA-B0DB-5A940F018DA7.jpeg

GM/UAW holiday calendar shows they were shut down 2 days at Thanksgiving and 6 days (24th and 27th through 31st) this month.  I'm guessing also 1 day at the beginning of January but I don't see the 2021 calendar yet.

Fort Wayne is on shutdown until Monday the 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 hours ago, Tom383 said:

On month 3 since I put my order in on a AT4 standard bed with a 6.2 and it is still has constraints on it.  Order is accepted but no idea when  it might get built. 

Placed my order at the end of October. Ordered a SLT Premium Plus crew 6.2 with x31 and standard bed. Had constraints in early November even thou the dealer had the allocations to get what I wanted. Order got picked up before Thanksgiving. Built early December but was in quality control for awhile and now just waiting on it to be shipped up from Mexico. Dealer still doesn’t have a delivery time frame and thinks it may just show up. Dealer was told the AT4’s are held up because of supplier issues. Which can only be the suspension I would think. 

Ordered oct 23 satin steel standard bed crew cab trailboss built in Mexico week of dec 7...Chevy chat says in transit to Rhode Island via boat  eta to dealer in upstate ny  1/13   I found Chevy chat to be hit or miss sometimes u get good details like today with an eta other times u get a vague response