The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

Placed an order thru my local dealer on 12/3/19. It was accepted by GM and Production Control on 12/10/19. On 1/7/20 the order was at 3000 status but no TPW. On 1/22/20 my dealer got an email from DBC Order-Fulfillment stating that per Level 2(whoever that is) said there was an error on the order and in order for the order to push thru option code PQB--Safety Package must be added. The build was a Double Cab LTZ 4WD 6.2 with LTZ Conv. pack 1 and LTZ Conv pack 2, polished 20" wheels. That's it. Nothing special. I really don't want the Safety Package. I don't need a computer to tell me what's going on around me. I have eyes and ears and mirrors. When i drive i focus on driving not much else. Anyway anyone else come across this? The only why we could get an order to go thru without Safety package is without any LTZ Conv. packages. Very strange

On 1/25/2020 at 7:51 AM, dane0254 said:

6.2TB Nice looking truck. I almost went with that color. If you can put up more pictures. 

spdfrk31. When I ordered mine I put the safety package in. Did they put that package in for you? 

Here is a better pic from a few minutes ago, after 1st coat of Exoforma Ceramic Shield.  

B8BDC782-E8A4-4EAC-AA8D-4052F515F399.jpeg

Edited by 6.2TB

On 1/24/2020 at 11:17 PM, spdfrk31 said:

Placed an order thru my local dealer on 12/3/19. It was accepted by GM and Production Control on 12/10/19. On 1/7/20 the order was at 3000 status but no TPW. On 1/22/20 my dealer got an email from DBC Order-Fulfillment stating that per Level 2(whoever that is) said there was an error on the order and in order for the order to push thru option code PQB--Safety Package must be added. The build was a Double Cab LTZ 4WD 6.2 with LTZ Conv. pack 1 and LTZ Conv pack 2, polished 20" wheels. That's it. Nothing special. I really don't want the Safety Package. I don't need a computer to tell me what's going on around me. I have eyes and ears and mirrors. When i drive i focus on driving not much else. Anyway anyone else come across this? The only why we could get an order to go thru without Safety package is without any LTZ Conv. packages. Very strange

Yes, same thing happened to me.  I ordered the same truck and options on 12/31/19.  Got a call on 01/17/20 from the dealer.  My order was rejected because the safety pkg was not ordered.  It's a pisser!

The Silverado build-and-price form has been updated so future buyers will only order correctly... 

6 hours ago, disneybaker said:

What engine, how’s gas mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has the 6.2L, got 23.5 mpg on first 130 mile road trip at 55mph, looking like 17 mpg around town.  

2 hours ago, disneybaker said:

They are still that far behind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently there was a shortage of the carbon beds causing the delay, at least that's what the dealer is saying.  Guess I should have mentioned I went with that.