The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

15 hours ago, Mink said:

My biggest fear is they wont ship until post strike. If this delays my truck for more than a week or two I may just go buy a Dodge. 

Whoa! Slow down there. I realize you're anxious to get the new ride, but waiting a week, or even a few weeks is no reason to go making a silly decision like that which you will regret for a long time thereafter. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, econometrics said:

Whoa! Slow down there. I realize you're anxious to get the new ride, but waiting a week, or even a few weeks is no reason to go making a silly decision like that which you will regret for a long time thereafter. :)

It was a close pick between the chevy and dodge. I don't need much persuasion to change my mind and not regret it. 

Hello Everybody!  First post on the forum, just placed an order for a 6.2L LT Trail Boss.  The engine is still on constraint, and who knows what will happen with the strike.  The dealer entered it as a "sold" order and will know Tuesday if the order is accepted by GM.  At least they were able to enter the preliminary order, so that is some progress (have been anxiously waiting since the May 25th announcement of the 6.2L option in the Trail Boss and RST trims)!

I will keep you posted on updates, I know from lurking here for months that several are interested in ordering the 6.2 Trail Boss.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2019 at 1:20 PM, 6.2TB said:

Hello Everybody!  First post on the forum, just placed an order for a 6.2L LT Trail Boss.  The engine is still on constraint, and who knows what will happen with the strike.  The dealer entered it as a "sold" order and will know Tuesday if the order is accepted by GM.  At least they were able to enter the preliminary order, so that is some progress (have been anxiously waiting since the May 25th announcement of the 6.2L option in the Trail Boss and RST trims)!

I will keep you posted on updates, I know from lurking here for months that several are interested in ordering the 6.2 Trail Boss.  

I've been waiting for this as well... but planned on pulling the trigger end of year or Spring.  Now I see the GMC AT4 and it's really got my interest. Keep us posted on your order.

17 minutes ago, mlee said:

I've been waiting for this as well... but planned on pulling the trigger end of year or Spring.  Now I see the GMC AT4 and it's really got my interest. Keep us posted on your order.

I actually received my first update today.   Scheduled to build week of 12/30, so I am guessing early February delivery.  Later than I hoped, but have been waiting so long...what’s another few weeks? ??

1 hour ago, 6.2TB said:

I actually received my first update today.   Scheduled to build week of 12/30, so I am guessing early February delivery.  Later than I hoped, but have been waiting so long...what’s another few weeks? ??

That's an interesting TPW between the holidays but great you've made it that far.  Been there done that on the wait before but it's all fun and anticipation.  This will be one of the 1st 6.2L Trail Boss trucks.  Enjoy it!

I test drove a 6.2L GMC today for the 1st time and was blow away with the acceleration compared to my current 5.3. I was already sold but there's no doubt now.  Also, the 10 speed is finally going in across the board which is huge as well. 

Hopefully I'm not too far behind you with the Trail Boss or an AT4 sometime before then since they already had 6.2 + 10 speed. 

Edited by mlee

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. Ordered on 12/12/19 and got TPW of 1/27/20 on 12/19/19..super excited.

First ordered truck. Coming from a 2002 f350 powerstroke extended cab for my truck. Also have a 2018 Camaro. 

LTZ 2020 crew cab short bed

3.0 diesel

Z71 4x4 

satin steel

20” wheels

ltz premium package

technology package

tow mirrors

trailer tpms sensors

splash guards

black bow tie

Trying to determine if the trailboss lift can be installed on it... they are not showing on on the accessory pages anymore it seems for any configuration. And if it will fit in my garage with the lift @ door height of 81”. Might need to just add it later. 

On 12/21/2019 at 9:31 AM, Race Neely said:

Hello everyone. Ordered on 12/12/19 and got TPW of 1/27/20 on 12/19/19..super excited.

First ordered truck. Coming from a 2002 f350 powerstroke extended cab for my truck. Also have a 2018 Camaro. 

LTZ 2020 crew cab short bed

3.0 diesel

Z71 4x4 

satin steel

20” wheels

ltz premium package

technology package

tow mirrors

trailer tpms sensors

splash guards

black bow tie

Trying to determine if the trailboss lift can be installed on it... they are not showing on on the accessory pages anymore it seems for any configuration. And if it will fit in my garage with the lift @ door height of 81”. Might need to just add it later. 

I got my order in on Nov 22/19 and have a build date of Feb 3/20 :( 

8 hours ago, Chrisd534 said:

I got my order in on Nov 22/19 and have a build date of Feb 3/20 :( 

Sorry to hear that. Hope it moves up for you! The wait is a sure killer. What’s your spec? I heard from the dealer that they can place a stock order or a sold order and that impacts timelines potentially. 

5 minutes ago, Race Neely said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope it moves up for you! The wait is a sure killer. What’s your spec? I heard from the dealer that they can place a stock order or a sold order and that impacts timelines potentially. 

The order was placed as a sold order. 

The spec is 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 3.0 Diesel. Tow mirrors, Off road assist steps, splash guards, basically fully loaded.

Wondering if its because i'm in Canada?

Also wondering if they build certain vehicles during certain weeks. Like one week is allocated to silverados the next week sierras or is it all just random? Can't see why you'd have a sooner build week with a later order!