The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

Called GM today said my truck was on a boat from Mexico to Rhode Island . From there it has to make it's way to Orange county NY to my dealership anyone have an idea of how long that should take?

On 28/05/2019 at 10:30 PM, Yooper25 said:

Beyond frustrated.... ordered 19 Chev Silverado Custom Trail Boss 13 weeks ago.  I've had to reach out to the dealership multiple times, finally was told that it is out of production and bayed in Fort Wayne as of 5/14/19.  It has been assigned a VIN. Any feel for delivery time frame, northern Wisconsin?  The whole thing seems ridiculous, considering was given a 6 week time frame in late February. Looking for a sanity check. 

There are dozens of these on dealer lots marked down $4-7k right now... I can't figure out why anyone would order one. I know another guy who has been waiting 3 months... for a Shadow Grey Crew Can Custom... there's like 5 on dealer lots within a 20 mile range

The custom has a handful of option packages/items and a handful of colours. You could even get one transfered from another dealer. Makes no sense to order a run of the mill truck other than to say you custom ordered it... 

3 dealers around me are offering huge discounts on their trucks on the lot. Shop around. No point waiting for something thats  in stock 

Edited by Roddy8

I'm looking for a little help here. Approximately 3 weeks ago I placed an order with my dealer for a '19 1500 AT4 Dbl cab. I know it's late in the model year for orders, but I wanted the 6.2 with the performance off road pkg, as well as, I wanted it in black. The combination has been impossible to find off the lot anywhere near me. Anyways what I was wondering is if any of you guys could tell me what your experience was for the time line when ordering and what to expect. Like I said it's been 3 weeks, according to my salesman the order hasn't been "picked up" by GM yet. So what I assume that to mean is it hasn't been given a build date yet. Just wondering about how long it takes to get a build date ect. The sales guy told me it can take 4-6 weeks but he also kinda said they my never build it due to constraints and what not, maybe that was a ploy to make sure I would do a "sold order" deal with them (which I had no problem doing) but idk. He implied it would be more likely to be picked up if it was a sold order. Any info you guys can provide would be awesome. Im kinda outa my league on this one, never ordered a vehicle before, but I figured if I'm spending 70k just as well get exactly what I want.

If your dealer isn't a big Chevy or GMC dealer, then change your dealer if GM won't pick up your order by next week. You can ask the dealer to give you the event code. You can also chat with GM to get more accurate information. By having your event code, you can find the stats of your order. 

If everything goes smoothly, it takes almost 2 to 2.5 months to get your truck from the time putting your order. 

It’s been 9 1/2 weeks for me so far. The dealer told me that it is still in the process of being shipped and being prepared to be shipped to the dealership. Hopefully not too much longer... Good luck everyone... 

I received word from my dealer just this past week that the order has been bayed and waiting on transportation. From anyone's personal experience, how much longer can I expect for the truck to get to the dealership? I placed my order on May 2nd. Based off what I've read, I'm guessing I am still weeks away.

Any other ways to check the vehicle status? My apologies if this has already been covered earlier in this thread.

18 hours ago, LumberMack said:

I received word from my dealer just this past week that the order has been bayed and waiting on transportation. From anyone's personal experience, how much longer can I expect for the truck to get to the dealership? I placed my order on May 2nd. Based off what I've read, I'm guessing I am still weeks away.

Any other ways to check the vehicle status? My apologies if this has already been covered earlier in this thread.

I was given a 10 week delivery forecast. The 20th of June it will be 10 weeks.

GMC Canada has a Facebook site and when I PM’d them my order number, they were able to give me a location status. I’m sure the US has that as well. Give it a try!

On 2019-06-18 at 4:26 PM, Rod S said:

I was given a 10 week delivery forecast. The 20th of June it will be 10 weeks.

GMC Canada has a Facebook site and when I PM’d them my order number, they were able to give me a location status. I’m sure the US has that as well. Give it a try!

Well, 10 weeks to the day. My AT4 is finally sitting at the dealer going thru PDI. I’m a wee bit anxious.... :)

9 hours ago, Rod S said:

Well, 10 weeks to the day. My AT4 is finally sitting at the dealer going thru PDI. I’m a wee bit anxious.... :)

I've got that anxious feeling, as well.  I compare it to being a kid and waiting on Christmas morning and summer vacation all mixed into one.  Out of curiosity, who are you going to finance with?  I think I am going to omit GM Financial and go with a local credit union

• Like 1

Ordered (pluncked down my deposit) my 2019 LTZ CC (everything but Z71) . Was told 6-8 weeks but already mentioned that there may be a delay for the bed liner spraying? Late production orders seem to be more variable. We'll see when the order is actually placed. Wish me luck, hoping for before Labor Day.

2 hours ago, brtzworld said:

Ordered (pluncked down my deposit) my 2019 LTZ CC (everything but Z71) . Was told 6-8 weeks but already mentioned that there may be a delay for the bed liner spraying? Late production orders seem to be more variable. We'll see when the order is actually placed. Wish me luck, hoping for before Labor Day.

You don’t have to leave a deposit. Many dealerships will try to do this. Just tell them no and go to another. I ordered a $68,000 truck and deposit wasn’t even mentioned. 

9 hours ago, Null99 said:

You don’t have to leave a deposit. Many dealerships will try to do this. Just tell them no and go to another. I ordered a $68,000 truck and deposit wasn’t even mentioned. 

I'm not questioning/ doubting you, rather asking out of my own ignorance, but if you don't give them a deposit, is there a risk of them selling your truck to someone else once it's built and delivered?