The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 7/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, bwinters said:

Shipping from Mexico. Got on the gmc.com chat and found out my truck is at eagle pass coming out of Mexico. Disappointed not Ft Wayne plant since that is only 300 miles from me. Anyway anyone know the process and timing on a Mexico truck ? Again wished it was Ft Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's any consolation, my new 2019 LT Z71 Crew Cab 1500 was built in Mexico, and she, imo, has been utterly perfect!

I believe Mexico plant started producing them after or on January 2019. Mine was made towards the end of March 2019.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:26 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Mine waiting to be picked up Saturday

High country trailboss RST emoji2.png

(Trailboss lift and painted door handles)

80626b4bfaa7ab689b42be1a08bb7038.jpg

Ryan B.

How much did they charge you for the install? it says 4.8hrs, Also did to get a discount on the lift? I kind of like to get a idea on much this would cost to add to a RST im looking at before going to the dealer to negotiate on a price for the truck.

How much did they charge you for the install? it says 4.8hrs, Also did to get a discount on the lift? I kind of like to get a idea on much this would cost to add to a RST im looking at before going to the dealer to negotiate on a price for the truck.

$450

Dealers quote $450-$650 for install when I was planning to purchase

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry for my ignorance on how this all works as I haven't ordered a GM before. But around when would I be able to order a 2020 Sierra 1500 Crew (AT4)? Must be around now?

Trying to understand my options as the truck i was looking into was sold spec'd exactly as I like and I have no intention on settling for a spec I don't want.

On 7/18/2019 at 1:06 PM, killramos said:

Sorry for my ignorance on how this all works as I haven't ordered a GM before. But around when would I be able to order a 2020 Sierra 1500 Crew (AT4)? Must be around now?

Trying to understand my options as the truck i was looking into was sold spec'd exactly as I like and I have no intention on settling for a spec I don't want.

looks like they will start building 2020 mid august. My at4 is scheduled to start build next week as a 2019.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:22 PM, brtzworld said:

Just got word that I've been upped to a 2020. I had the premium package, technology package and max trailering on an LTZ crew. Would the newly available adaptive cruise and trailering view? be part of these or ordered seperately?  I'm curious to know if possible before I go to the dealer to review the new order.

what is your build date? mine is scheduled for july 22 as a 2019?

I am not at all trying to tell you what to do. I just want people to be informed about GM’s “carbon fiber” claim. 

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27706/five-things-you-must-know-about-the-2020-gmc-sierras-carbon-fiber-pickup-truck-bed

Read the comments in this article. One of them is about how water can be absorbed into scratches and nicks and delaminates the carbon fiber compound. This is not a true carbon fiber. 

Edited by Null99
Did not enter all info

Well I bit the bullet and closed on a new '19 AT4 last night!

Couldn't say to no 0% financing for essentially forever ( I would ordinarily never consider financing for 72 months, but at 0% it would be dumb not to), Invoice pricing +1.5%, less $2650, $500 Costco gift card, and got them to throw in a hard folding tonneau cover as well.

Loaded AT4 in Satin Steel! Hoping it's ready for the long weekend next week!

I had to compromise on colour, there are just no Smokey Quartz left in the country that has Tech, Premium, and Off Road Performance packs. The Satin Steel is still a great colour.

Edited by killramos

1 hour ago, Hydro4acid said:

From Alberta.

Couple dealers have said you can go order now. Just not sure they are being built yet but u can submit an order. Arrive in 60-90 days 

For what it’s worth, I’ve checked with four different dealers about ordering a 2020 RST with the 6.2L. After I have to read the press release to them when they tell me you can’t get that engine in the RST, the option is still greyed out for them.