The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 9/26/2019 at 1:20 PM, 6.2TB said:

Hello Everybody!  First post on the forum, just placed an order for a 6.2L LT Trail Boss.  The engine is still on constraint, and who knows what will happen with the strike.  The dealer entered it as a "sold" order and will know Tuesday if the order is accepted by GM.  At least they were able to enter the preliminary order, so that is some progress (have been anxiously waiting since the May 25th announcement of the 6.2L option in the Trail Boss and RST trims)!

I will keep you posted on updates, I know from lurking here for months that several are interested in ordering the 6.2 Trail Boss.  

Dealer notified me yesterday, my truck is built and being spray lined now (spray lining is done off site), said to expect delivery in 12-14 days✊?!

Also, it was built in Ft. Wayne.  That was a nice surprise, I thought all the TBs were built in Mexico.  

Dealer notified me yesterday, my truck is built and being spray lined now (spray lining is done off site), said to expect delivery in 12-14 days[emoji1307]!

Also, it was built in Ft. Wayne.  That was a nice surprise, I thought all the TBs were built in Mexico.  

The spray liner is pretty quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 12/23/2019 at 8:08 PM, Chrisd534 said:

The order was placed as a sold order. 

The spec is 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 3.0 Diesel. Tow mirrors, Off road assist steps, splash guards, basically fully loaded.

Wondering if its because i'm in Canada?

Also wondering if they build certain vehicles during certain weeks. Like one week is allocated to silverados the next week sierras or is it all just random? Can't see why you'd have a sooner build week with a later order!

I put in my order in on Dec 5 and got it accepted on Dec 19th. Build date is this week 1/6. 

2020 AT4, 3.0l, Driver alert packages. 

13 minutes ago, Gswartz said:

I put in my order in on Dec 5 and got it accepted on Dec 19th. Build date is this week 1/6. 

2020 AT4, 3.0l, Driver alert packages. 

well that makes me feel better....... ?

does anyone know how it works because its not making any sense to me?? 

I order my 3.0 LT on 11/13, was built on 12/14 and took delivery on 1/3. Quickest that I have ever got one when ordering. Funny part about it was that dealer said that he had no allocation at the time that order was pulled one week after placing it. As far as being built in Ft. Wayne I believe it's a crap shoot. My 08, 10, 12, 14, and 15 were all built in Mexico, very few problems with any of them. Not so with my 19 TB which was built in Ft. Wayne and had numerous issues. My new one came out of Mexico and I doubt it will have the problems that my previous one had.

4 hours ago, Booger T said:

I order my 3.0 LT on 11/13, was built on 12/14 and took delivery on 1/3. Quickest that I have ever got one when ordering. Funny part about it was that dealer said that he had no allocation at the time that order was pulled one week after placing it. As far as being built in Ft. Wayne I believe it's a crap shoot. My 08, 10, 12, 14, and 15 were all built in Mexico, very few problems with any of them. Not so with my 19 TB which was built in Ft. Wayne and had numerous issues. My new one came out of Mexico and I doubt it will have the problems that my previous one had.

damn thats quick.. jealous!!

how you liking it?

Struggling to understand this forum. Looking for where people most what they recently paid or were offered. Is this the right location? Is there a different sub or other forum?

We are looking at a leftover 2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO. I am specifically looking at the 1500 LD Double Cab Standard Box 4-Wheel Drive LT  All Star Edition.

The GMC rebate is currently 23.9% off of MSRP (That does not include whatever the GM Card discount they announced yesterday).

In addition, looks like a few dealers are offering between 3% and 3.5% dealer discount off off of the original MSRP.

26.9% to 27.4% off of MSRP.

While that sounds great, dealer discount sounds incredibly low. 

10 hours ago, chendo462 said:

Struggling to understand this forum. Looking for where people most what they recently paid or were offered. Is this the right location? Is there a different sub or other forum?

We are looking at a leftover 2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO. I am specifically looking at the 1500 LD Double Cab Standard Box 4-Wheel Drive LT  All Star Edition.

The GMC rebate is currently 23.9% off of MSRP (That does not include whatever the GM Card discount they announced yesterday).

In addition, looks like a few dealers are offering between 3% and 3.5% dealer discount off off of the original MSRP.

26.9% to 27.4% off of MSRP.

While that sounds great, dealer discount sounds incredibly low. 

Placed my order for a fully loaded 2020 Silverado Trail Boss LT with 6.2L and performance package on 11/30/2019. The order was accepted by GM on 12/5/2019. The build is scheduled for 1/27/202. I understand the Fort Wayne factory shuts down for two weeks around the holidays. Hopefully I hear something back soon!

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

Edited by Tr3kker

On 1/10/2020 at 8:19 PM, Gswartz said:

My order was built this week and in transport. 

Let us know when you actually take delivery. My dealer seemed to think that I might have to wait between build completion until it ships. He said it could take up to a month. I’m hoping to take advantage of zero percent APR 72 month financing which expires 2/3/2020, so fingers crossed! The dealer did say as soon as they have a VIN, they can write up the sale. That seems a little scary to me. 

Edited by Tr3kker

19 minutes ago, Tr3kker said:

Let us know when you actually take delivery. My dealer seemed to think that I might have to wait between build completion until it ships. He said it could take up to a month. I’m hoping to take advantage of zero percent APR 72 month financing which expires 3/2/2020, so fingers crossed! The dealer did say as soon as they have a VIN, they can write up the sale. That seems a little scary to me. 

If the financing doesn’t expire till 3/2, you’ll have nothing to worry about.  They get the vin pretty quick but I certainly wouldn’t do anything until it’s for sure in transit. You don’t want to do paperwork on a truck that ends up sitting at the factory for a month for whatever reason. 

4 hours ago, Gswartz said:

If the financing doesn’t expire till 3/2, you’ll have nothing to worry about.  They get the vin pretty quick but I certainly wouldn’t do anything until it’s for sure in transit. You don’t want to do paperwork on a truck that ends up sitting at the factory for a month for whatever reason. 

Sorry, I had the date wrong. It’s 2/3/2020, so if my build is scheduled for 1/27, I might have to have them write up the purchase while the truck is in transit.

4 hours ago, Tr3kker said:

Let us know when you actually take delivery. My dealer seemed to think that I might have to wait between build completion until it ships. He said it could take up to a month. I’m hoping to take advantage of zero percent APR 72 month financing which expires 3/2/2020, so fingers crossed! The dealer did say as soon as they have a VIN, they can write up the sale. That seems a little scary to me. 

My 6.2 TB LT is in transit now.  0% sounds great!  Can you point me to where you found this?  All I can find is 0% on 2019s.  If you are right, you just made my day??