The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

18 minutes ago, GJM32387 said:

Guess i will make this my first post since I wont have pictures for a while.    Hey everybody!  Greg from Long Island NY, and first time Truck Owner.  Placed an order for a 2019 LT Trailboss in Satin Steel with a local dealer two weeks ago.   They weren't positive if they could get the allocation, but got the call On 4/26 that the order was picked up by Chevy.   They didn't have an ETA yet, but said they were hearing anything from 6-16 weeks.    Have lots of plans for her as she will be my weekend / beach / fishing / shooting / trip vehicle.   Wont lie, I am pretty excited.  

Anyone know where chevy's build times are right now for the LT Trailboss?  

I been seeing a few Trailboss' running around here and... Man are they gorgeous! Looks so different than anything on the road. 

34 minutes ago, THE SILVERADO said:

I been seeing a few Trailboss' running around here and... Man are they gorgeous! Looks so different than anything on the road. 

Couldn't agree more.  Ive been looking at Raptors for the past year, and a friend of mine picked up a 2019 High Country and I fell in love.  The Raptor is a beast, but for my needs, its total overkill with a $25K higher price tag.  The TrailBoss suits my needs perfectly and at a much better price point it was a no brainer.   Just hate the waiting game.  

• Like 1

Still considering ordering an RST crew cab standard bed. The thing that partially makes me reluctant is the build time and then mostly the incentives at the time.  I figure that ordering one eliminates me from having any sort of negotiation when the truck comes in. Nowadays, is there really that much negotiation on the final price after all incentives? If I order now, the truck wont be in till July at the earliest. Feels like the dealer then has you by the seat of the pants. Salesman told me that it typically takes 6-8 weeks and requires a 1k deposit, which of course goes towards the price of the truck. I asked what if I decide not to purchase the truck, and he said the only way I don't get back the deposit is if he never sees me again. Also gave me the BS of having to wait 6 months to refinance if I go with GM Financial to get their $1500 incentive. Said they come after him if I refinance early. 

Ive gone through several of the pages on here, but wanted to get a general feel of everyones ordering process and experience. Hard to have the patience when it seems most people wait at minimum 10 weeks to get their truck. Incentives later this year cant get much worse I would think, right? Especially if GM keeps posting 3rd in the standings.

Thanks in advance for everyones feedback.

It’s definitely a toss up.   Never know what the incentives will be through Chevy at the time of delivery. The MSRP on the truck I ordered was in the ballpark of $55,750 and with the first responded discount that Chevy / the dealership offers, we agreed upon the max price of just over $50k.  (I think it was $50,200).   They will gladly add in any incentives that GM is running at the time but I figured paying less then invoice guaranteed is what I would be doing regardless.   I also worked out a 1.5% rate through the local credit union that works with my job, if GM isn’t offering 0% at the time.  Obviously that number is subject to change, but it gave me a good ballpark figure to get the exact truck I want, and I know the number can only go down from here.  

1 hour ago, GJM32387 said:

It’s definitely a toss up.   Never know what the incentives will be through Chevy at the time of delivery. The MSRP on the truck I ordered was in the ballpark of $55,750 and with the first responded discount that Chevy / the dealership offers, we agreed upon the max price of just over $50k.  (I think it was $50,200).   They will gladly add in any incentives that GM is running at the time but I figured paying less then invoice guaranteed is what I would be doing regardless.   I also worked out a 1.5% rate through the local credit union that works with my job, if GM isn’t offering 0% at the time.  Obviously that number is subject to change, but it gave me a good ballpark figure to get the exact truck I want, and I know the number can only go down from here.  

Thanks for the input, when did you order and then receive delivery of your truck?

1 hour ago, LumberMack said:

Still considering ordering an RST crew cab standard bed. The thing that partially makes me reluctant is the build time and then mostly the incentives at the time.  I figure that ordering one eliminates me from having any sort of negotiation when the truck comes in. Nowadays, is there really that much negotiation on the final price after all incentives? If I order now, the truck wont be in till July at the earliest. Feels like the dealer then has you by the seat of the pants. Salesman told me that it typically takes 6-8 weeks and requires a 1k deposit, which of course goes towards the price of the truck. I asked what if I decide not to purchase the truck, and he said the only way I don't get back the deposit is if he never sees me again. Also gave me the BS of having to wait 6 months to refinance if I go with GM Financial to get their $1500 incentive. Said they come after him if I refinance early. 

Ive gone through several of the pages on here, but wanted to get a general feel of everyones ordering process and experience. Hard to have the patience when it seems most people wait at minimum 10 weeks to get their truck. Incentives later this year cant get much worse I would think, right? Especially if GM keeps posting 3rd in the standings.

Thanks in advance for everyones feedback.

You’re right that today there’s not as much savings on hassling with dealers. There are still some cases, sure. But as you said, if you order your truck from them, ain’t much wheeling and dealing going to be happening. 

Why order an RST at this point? The inventory has grown a lot in the past few months and you can likely find the exact truck you want within 500 miles of where you’re at. 

If it was me, I would rather take a long road trip to buy one off a lot now vs wait for a build. 

46 minutes ago, LumberMack said:

Thanks for the input, when did you order and then receive delivery of your truck?

That is TBD.  Ordered almost two weeks ago.  Received confirmation the order was picked up on Friday.    Now it’s a waiting game.  

New Member with some basic question...(I tried search, no results)

I currently daily an 04 Sierra. Im giving it to my Son and am looking for a replacement.  I like the GMCs and notice I cant build an SLT with a Tech package (HUD, etc). But, you can build an "equivalent" LTZ with the Tech package. 

Am I missing something, or is this correct. I called a local dealer, and he said that the SLT can be "ordered" with HUD???

Thanks

Edited by 04SierraSLT

3 hours ago, econometrics said:

You’re right that today there’s not as much savings on hassling with dealers. There are still some cases, sure. But as you said, if you order your truck from them, ain’t much wheeling and dealing going to be happening. 

Why order an RST at this point? The inventory has grown a lot in the past few months and you can likely find the exact truck you want within 500 miles of where you’re at. 

If it was me, I would rather take a long road trip to buy one off a lot now vs wait for a build. 

I want a crew cab with the standard bed, which are not as available as the short box. Most that are out there ride on 18s, as well. I want 20s, leather, and really specific to what packages I want. LTZ would make sense, but i just don't want chrome bumpers.

3 hours ago, 04SierraSLT said:

New Member with some basic question...(I tried search, no results)

I currently daily an 04 Sierra. Im giving it to my Son and am looking for a replacement.  I like the GMCs and notice I cant build an SLT with a Tech package (HUD, etc). But, you can build an "equivalent" LTZ with the Tech package. 

Am I missing something, or is this correct. I called a local dealer, and he said that the SLT can be "ordered" with HUD???

Thanks

Nope, no tech package on the SLT, no matter what. AT4 or Denali only. One of the reasons there’s an LTZ in my driveway.

The SLT used to be a slight notch above the LTZ, but it appears to be the reverse of that in the T1s. Probably because GMC would really love nothing more than to sell just AT4s and Denalis.

9 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Nope, no tech package on the SLT, no matter what. AT4 or Denali only. One of the reasons there’s an LTZ in my driveway.

The SLT used to be a slight notch above the LTZ, but it appears to be the reverse of that in the T1s. Probably because GMC would really love nothing more than to sell just AT4s and Denalis.

Thanks. I still like the GMC front/rear end better. As far as dash, I actually like the Chevy better (round dials vs squircles)....

Finally went ahead and placed my order tonight for a Crew Cab Standard box RST in Northsky Blue. All star, Z71, convenience package I and II, safety package, 20s, black running boards. Let the waiting began. As if I havent been wanting the new generation model since it helicoptered in at the Texas Debut back in December '17. Hard to believe its been that long.

Nonetheless, anticipation has begun and cant wait to get it. This site has been awesome for getting the latest news and updates.