The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 3/28/2019 at 1:04 PM, relevante said:

Wow, not great to hear. I heard about two weeks ago that mine had shipped. Just checked in today and now they're saying it's *waiting to be* shipped. The only silver lining I guess is that my trade-in value is locked so I'm essentially putting free miles on it.

Same thing here. Got my trade-in appraisal the week my truck was built.  Almost 6 weeks since being built, but still no updated ETA.

Dealer told me that last month he had to personally go to train depot to retrieve vehicles buried so deep in the train yard that they'd never make it onto the haulers. He had to get special permission from GM, so that he could take enough employees with him to drive all of his vehicles to the dealership, because customers had been waiting so long for their deliveries.

7 minutes ago, Jack D said:

Same thing here. Got my trade-in appraisal the week my truck was built.  Almost 6 weeks since being built, but still no updated ETA.

Dealer told me that last month he had to personally go to train depot to retrieve vehicles buried so deep in the train yard that they'd never make it onto the haulers. He had to get special permission from GM, so that he could take enough employees with him to drive all of his vehicles to the dealership, because customers had been waiting so long for their deliveries.

Crazy. The weirdest thing is that around here, I’ve yet to see a 2019 GMC on the road. I occasionally see a new Silverado, but still not a single Sierra. I’ve been eyeing every one I see since I put the order in and they’ve all been previous gen. So they don’t seem to be flying off the lots. Although actually I guess maybe that’s part of why the pipeline is backed up.

Who knows, maybe we’ll get lucky and the April (or May, but hope not) incentives will start looking better. Still seem to be quite a few 2018s to move out of the way though too.

On 3/30/2019 at 10:24 AM, relevante said:

Crazy. The weirdest thing is that around here, I’ve yet to see a 2019 GMC on the road. I occasionally see a new Silverado, but still not a single Sierra. I’ve been eyeing every one I see since I put the order in and they’ve all been previous gen. So they don’t seem to be flying off the lots. Although actually I guess maybe that’s part of why the pipeline is backed up.

Who knows, maybe we’ll get lucky and the April (or May, but hope not) incentives will start looking better. Still seem to be quite a few 2018s to move out of the way though too.

The incentives better improve in April. In March, only one discount applied to our truck. We were going to take the $1500 bonus with GM Financial, and then pay off the truck in 90 days, with no penalties. Looks like even that offer will be ending tomorrow. No other discounts applied to our truck. No GM loyalty bonus, either. Instead, they are giving the discounts to people that currently own other brands, trying to entice them to switch to GM.

I'll be contacting our dealer tomorrow morning in an attempt to find out where our truck is. I'm going to be upset if tomorrow brings no new incentives and/or no updated ETA.

Tuesday will be 4 months since we ordered! The only benefit being that in the meantime GM has come up with multiple software updates to fix a multitude of early issues. At least ours should be fully updated when we finally take delivery. We were planning on hitting the road with our travel trailer in April, but now it looks like we're going to have to cancel our reservations. 

The incentives better improve in April. In March, only one discount applied to our truck. We were going to take the $1500 bonus with GM Financial, and then pay off the truck in 90 days, with no penalties. Looks like even that offer will be ending tomorrow. No other discounts applied to our truck. No GM loyalty bonus, either. Instead, they are giving the discounts to people that currently own other brands, trying to entice them to switch to GM.

I'll be contacting our dealer tomorrow morning in an attempt to find out where our truck is. I'm going to be upset if tomorrow brings no new incentives and/or no updated ETA.

Tuesday will be 4 months since we ordered! The only benefit being that in the meantime GM has come up with multiple software updates to fix a multitude of early issues. At least ours should be fully updated when we finally take delivery. We were planning on hitting the road with our travel trailer in April, but now it looks like we're going to have to cancel our reservations. 

What did you order?

Ryan B.

35 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

What did you order?

Ryan B.

We ordered a loaded crew cab/short bed LTZ. It was built in Indiana on 2/20. I believe that the truck had to go to an upfitter for the spray-on bed liner, but that company is literally one block away from the factory. Major options are installed at the factory, but other options such as the Performance Upgrade Package, steps, tonneau cover, mud flaps, floor mats, etc. are all dealer installed, and have been at our dealership's parts department since the end of February!

Jack

51 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

What did you order?

Ryan B.

Ryan,

I forgot to mention that you have a sweet Camaro. We are also Camaro fans. We have a fully restored '69 coupe, and a '15 SS2/RS.

10 minutes ago, Jack D said:

Ryan,

I forgot to mention that you have a sweet Camaro. We are also Camaro fans. We have a fully restored '69 coupe, and a '15 SS2/RS.

Thanks ( i no longer have the one pictured in my signature, I have an 18 1LE), I have a 19 on order scheduled to be built the week of 4/22 hope I dont have to wait as long.  

36 minutes ago, Jack D said:

We ordered a loaded crew cab/short bed LTZ. It was built in Indiana on 2/20. I believe that the truck had to go to an upfitter for the spray-on bed liner, but that company is literally one block away from the factory. Major options are installed at the factory, but other options such as the Performance Upgrade Package, steps, tonneau cover, mud flaps, floor mats, etc. are all dealer installed, and have been at our dealership's parts department since the end of February!

Jack

I ordered mine in mid August with everything but dule exhaust and picked it up on October 31st. There is definitely an issue here. I would contact corporate in Detroit and demand answers. This is uncalled for. I hope it works out well. Good luck. 

I see that some of the lots in NY are starting to have Vin numbers starting with 3 to signify a Mexican assebled truck. If you custom order a vehicle, do you have control over whether its final assembly is Mexico or US? Or is it luck of the draw?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My guess would be, GM is going to dump off whatever they can, wherever they can. It's all about the money - everything else is secondary.

On 3/28/2019 at 1:04 PM, relevante said:

Wow, not great to hear. I heard about two weeks ago that mine had shipped. Just checked in today and now they're saying it's *waiting to be* shipped. The only silver lining I guess is that my trade-in value is locked so I'm essentially putting free miles on it.

And actually it must have been shipped because it just arrived today.