In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Zane

The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

I know how you feel! I got mine in October and I love it! After you get it, you will get up in the middle of the night just to look at it. 

• Haha 3

The worst time is when they have told you it is built and in the carriers hands.  Event code 4200.   It seems like forever for it to get to the dealer.  Feel like a kid st Christmas

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

The worst time is when they have told you it is built and in the carriers hands.  Event code 4200.   It seems like forever for it to get to the dealer.  Feel like a kid st Christmas

EXACTLY! I was stocked in that black hole for 3 weeks, then another 2 weeks until I got it. 

On a sad note. My son works at the GM tech center and had to watch half of his team get walked out the door today. I feel terrible for all of those getting laid off today. Very sad and due to poor management over the last decade or two. 

• Sad 1

Well in the coming weeks I am leaning towards finally ordering a new truck.  Here is what I am thinking.  Anything you would do different and why?  How long are orders typically taking?  

Crew Cab Standard Bed

6.2L Ecotec3 V8 Engine

10 Speed Automatic Transmission

Satin Steel Metallic

Jet Black, Perforated leather-appointed seat trim

TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE $1,625

Z71 OFF-ROAD PACKAGE $350

SAFETY PACKAGE II $745

Front Black bowtie emblem $135 

Front and rear Black molded splash guards $180 

First and second row all-weather Floor liners with Z71 logo $210

Suspension Upgrade System (Trailboss Kit) $1295

MSRP (w/o suspension kit install): $65,130

21 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Well in the coming weeks I am leaning towards finally ordering a new truck.  Here is what I am thinking.  Anything you would do different and why?  How long are orders typically taking?  

Crew Cab Standard Bed

6.2L Ecotec3 V8 Engine

10 Speed Automatic Transmission

Satin Steel Metallic

Jet Black, Perforated leather-appointed seat trim

TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE $1,625

Z71 OFF-ROAD PACKAGE $350

SAFETY PACKAGE II $745

Front Black bowtie emblem $135 

Front and rear Black molded splash guards $180 

First and second row all-weather Floor liners with Z71 logo $210

Suspension Upgrade System (Trailboss Kit) $1295

MSRP (w/o suspension kit install): $65,130

If I were you I would add retractable side steps too (around $1600, I believe). I have them and I love them. I'm not sure how bad you are going off road. You should think about it. 

I'm not sure if you can add Premium package. I added to my LTZ. It is phenomenal.

Also, if you don't tow heavily, you should go with 3.23 axel ratio. 

By the way, I wouldn't waste my money with bowtie and splash guards. Instead, you should order under rear seat storage box which comes with lid. It is really cool. 

I would check out the Z71 OFf-Road and Protection package to replace the Z71 Off-Road package.   It includes the floor mats as well as the spray on bed liner and in my case was cheaper than ordering separate 

I would check out the Z71 OFf-Road and Protection package to replace the Z71 Off-Road package.   It includes the floor mats as well as the spray on bed liner and in my case was cheaper than ordering separate 

Not an option on the HIgh Country

Ryan B.

Judging by his MSRP, he’s ordering a High Country so it would have the bedliner standard anyway, and no premium package needed.

If I were you I would add retractable side steps too (around $1600, I believe). I have them and I love them. I'm not sure how bad you are going off road. You should think about it. 
I'm not sure if you can add Premium package. I added to my LTZ. It is phenomenal.
Also, if you don't tow heavily, you should go with 3.23 axel ratio. 
By the way, I wouldn't waste my money with bowtie and splash guards. Instead, you should order under rear seat storage box which comes with lid. It is really cool. 

I prefer the regular side steps (plan to change to all black)
Premium pkg, hmmmm have to look at that
Forget what the std rear axle is, 6.2+10 speed don’t plan to change that
Not going with the under seat storage as I haul my dog frequently and would rather have more room for him when I put up the 40 side

Ryan B.

3.23 is standard. You’d have to get the max trailering package to get 3.42, but then no Z71 package, and also I don’t think the dealers are allowed to install that lift on a truck with NHT. Not 100% on that though.

My only 2 cents would be that the accessories are cheaper (sometimes half the cost) if you order them yourself from another website. Maybe the mud flaps are worth the extra cost to have them deal with the install, but the $135 bow tie is $62 online, and takes 4 seconds to install. Mats may be cheaper too.

Probably splitting hairs on a 65k truck but maybe you’d like to save a few bucks. :cool:

3.23 is standard. You’d have to get the max trailering package to get 3.42, but then no Z71 package, and also I don’t think the dealers are allowed to install that lift on a truck with NHT. Not 100% on that though.

My only 2 cents would be that the accessories are cheaper (sometimes half the cost) if you order them yourself from another website. Maybe the mud flaps are worth the extra cost to have them deal with the install, but the $135 bow tie is $62 online, and takes 4 seconds to install. Mats may be cheaper too.

Probably splitting hairs on a 65k truck but maybe you’d like to save a few bucks. :cool:

Yea I have thought about it. Guess I could save a bit and apply towards the clearbra, vinyl, and tint I am having added.

Ryan B.

As far as the premium package, on an LTZ it’s a must. The HC is a bit different. It can be fitted with either the Premium or Deluxe packages. But everything in these packages can be ordered separately besides the specific 22” wheels. Most of the cost in that package is in the wheels and the sunroof. If you don’t want either of those, save your money and stick with the regular HC. You can’t get the Z71 package with either of those packages either.

• Like 1

Not a fan of 22s or a sunroof so don’t plan on adding those. I like the painted stock 20s

Ryan B.

Just placed an order last week.  I'll be stepping down from a 2016 2500 HC 6.6.

2019 Silverado 1500 CC standard bed RST summit white 5.3

Gideon/very dark atmosphere leather package

Max trailering package

Convenience package II

Performance upgrade package

All star edition

Safety package

Black assist steps

Underseat storage

Bed protection package

Advanced trailering package

20" wheels and all-terrains

I would have liked to have the Z71 package, but it cancels out the max trailering.  Would have like to get the suspension upgrade (lift), but not with the max trailering.  

Now the waiting begins 

• Like 2