Chevy Drops 6.2L Into More Tahoe & Suburban Models

Zane

2019-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Premier-Plus-and-Suburban-Premier-Plus-special-editions.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

8/14/18

Chevrolet is slamming the robust 6.2L and 10-speed transmission combination into another Tahoe and Suburban trim. Now, in addition to the RST trim, full-size Chevy SUV buyers can opt for the "Premier Plus" special edition of either model.

“Our customers have shown strong demand for both Tahoe and Suburban with the 6.2L V-8 option,” said Sandor Piszar, director of Chevrolet Trucks Marketing and Advertising. “Thirty-six percent of all Chevy full-size SUV special edition models are now sold with this engine. Premier Plus gives both Suburban and Tahoe customers another option to choose from with several added premium touches.” 

The Premier Plus Tahoe and Suburban have a unique Black and Mahogany Interior, 22 inch polished wheels, magnetic ride control, a heads up display, 8-inch digital gauge cluster, and power chrome steps. Oh... and with 420-horsepower. 

These special editions should be temping for anyone looking at grabbing up the current generation Suburban and Tahoe. Unfortunately, these features won't come cheap. The 2019 Chevy Tahoe Premier Plus will start at $74,100 while the Suburban starts at $76,900. Both require a $1,250 destination fee. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Zane changed the title to Chevy Drops 6.2L Into More Tahoe & Suburban Models

As an old buzzard and long time GM owner I find it beyond bogus that to get the highest performance motor you have to buy the highest trim level with bells and whistles that many drivers don't want or need.  Maybe it's the new GM and need for higher profits, but back in the 60's 409's and then the 427's were able to be ordered even in the lowest trim level in the Chevrolet car line, the Biscayne. For those much younger than me that don't recall the Biscayne, it was bare bones as it got, we're talking about a rubber floor covering rather than carpeting. Now if you wanted to step up to a Bel Air or Impala so be it, all motors from a 250 six to the largest big block were available in the full size car line. GM p/u trucks took a little longer to follow suit, in the mid-60's you could get a 283 V-8 but the 292 six was the ticket, late 60's the 396 was top performer followed by the 454 in the early 70's and guess what, you could get those motors without a sunroof too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gol Darned right ole timer dem were da good ole days. I remember walking over 5 miles one way just to get to school and back home. Amazing part was that  BOTH ways were UPHILL. 

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, Colossus said:

Cry and complain all you want, GM isn't going to change their minds and will keep doing what they are doing. 

I cry and complain with my pocket book.  They'll listen to that.

Well Chevy woke up!  I had to get a 2017 GMC Denali with 6.2 and magnetic suspension because Chevy didn't have it when I tried the Tahoe/YukonNonTruck class of vehicle which I found out is not for me.  Now I have a 2018 Z71/LTZ with the 6.2 but still no magnetic suspension.  This must be some kind of GM marketing tool and is dumber than dumb imho of course.

Well GM, I'll be xxxxxx, I spent all that extra money for the Denali to get the 6.2 and now GM puts in the Chevy? What's the point of the exclusiveness of the Yukon Denali then or the Caddy other than the price? It's over for me GM and GMC. Navigator, Lexus, Jaguar, ect. here I come.

5 minutes ago, STEVEN A said:

Well GM, I'll be xxxxxx, I spent all that extra money for the Denali to get the 6.2 and now GM puts in the Chevy? What's the point of the exclusiveness of the Yukon Denali then or the Caddy other than the price? It's over for me GM and GMC. Navigator, Lexus, Jaguar, ect. here I come.

You might jump ship, but there will be 20 more that will buy now that would not have now that it is available in another trim/model.  Just like in the trucks.  Put the 6.2 in the Trail Boss and they would have a hard time keeping up with the orders.

They may just sell more but those new Chevy people you mention would be crazy not to get a better looking and slightly better equipped Yukon Denali instead of a Tahoe/Suburban for near the same money.  It looks like they are only on the most costliest Chevy models. I wonder if GMC will offer the 6.2 in it's other SLT and/or SLE models? I will probably be forced to stay with GM because no one else even offers a V-8 at all in a large suv that I know of. 420 HP has kinda ruined me. I have had a lot of Corvette's that had less HP.  It just chaps me that it was a class exclusive motor on the Denali and Caddy and its no longer a benefit.