Gorehamj

2020 GMC Sierra HD AT4 Images and Details

2020-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-AT4-012.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-23-2019

If you have not started with our prior story today on the all-new 2020 Sierra HD it may make sense to do so. This post picks up from there and highlights just the AT4 trim line of the new Sierra HD. 

2020-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-AT4-013.jpg

The all-new 2020 Sierra Heavy Duty AT4 expands on the GMC AT4's reach with a distinctive off-road identity for the new Sierra HD. Distinguished in its dark chrome exterior finishes and front and rear bumpers and a grille surround finished in body color, the AT4 has its own style. The grille design is also bolder than on the other HD trims, and is finished in black chrome and set off by the AT4's distinctive red vertical recovery hooks.

2020-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-AT4-015.jpg

The interior continues the AT4-specific darkened trim, including dark-tinted and textured aluminum finishes on the steering wheel, center stack and sill plates, as well as a unique Jet Black interior with Kalahari color accents in the seats and live stitching. AT4's leather seating has mini-perforated inserts and embroidered AT4 badging on the headrests, along with standard all-weather floor liners.

The new Sierra AT4 Heavy Duty's unique suspension and supporting technologies enable its off-road capabilities. Features include:

Off-road suspension, Rancho Shocks, skid plates, Eaton locking rear differential.
Eighteen-inch wheels wrapped with Michelin all-terrain tires, with 20-inch wheels available.
Traction Select System with specific Off-Road mode.
Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist.
Segment-exclusive 15-inch diagonal Head-Up Display with Off-Road Inclinometer.
HD Surround Vision for low-speed views of vehicle surroundings.

Nicest looking HD truck on the market right now imo, the Fords lol i don't care what they can do when it has a face so ugly you would have to drive the thing backwards to not be embarrassed. The Dodge is blah, the Silverado is as ugly as the Ford and kind of look alike, so clearly GMC wins this segment hands down in my book. Only thing i don't care much for are the marker lights above the wheel wells but certainly not a deal breaker.

And god dammit i wish gm would go back to Bilstein shocks and toss these rubbish Ranchos!

• Like 2

YUP!  This thing is the CHIT!

Oh HELL YES!

Getting lottery ticket now....

• Like 1

Starting at a cool house mortgage price of atleast $75,000 I bet lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep ... and  the minute it's out of warranty, have fun when all those electronic goodies fail.

I'd be willing to bet every module in that thing is over 4 figures ... and made in Thailand.

• Like 1

Looks really nice. Probobly not affordable.. Maybe if you are in sales and get a company stipend for payments. 

Looking at the dash board again, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

It looks clean, organized and calm.

I said it somewhere else already, the more I look at the 12" screen in the RAM the more it looks out of place.

so long

j-ten-ner

Very Nice. Maybe I will have to give my Base CCLB to the workers and upgrade to a AT4 HD. Although it killed me to fork over $50k CAD for my current 2018 2500, this in a Diesel will likely run $85,000 CAD before taxes and the $2k they want for delivery these days. Amazing truck, but don't think I will be kicking your door down to get at one anytime soon GM. Maybe when your pricing comes back down to earth. 

Is it just me or do others see a bunch of Ram characteristics? Especially the grill.

4 hours ago, Bandit33x said:

Is it just me or do others see a bunch of Ram characteristics? Especially the grill.

It's just you.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Haha 1

Is it just me or would the grill surround look better in white (body color) instead of the black? Kinda like the 1500. In my mind it does. Someone should photoshop that. 

3D2365CA-DB95-4E15-8743-2B5138589E18.jpeg

DA9C0D21-BEF0-42ED-BF00-CE0205E9CFF8.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Domes68
      I have a 2005 Sierra 1500 with a blown gt5/g80 and a 2004 Silverado 1500 parts truck with a gt4. Just wondering if everything would be the same if I were to swap them or not
    • By Vindicta_Mihi
      Just wanted to post on here, as I have seen no less than a thousand posts with questions about the 6L80E, specifically about the power threshold of a stock unit. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab Standard Bed stock 3.42 gears stock drive shaft stock 20" rims/tires 6.2L fully forged top/bottom end "Armageddon Twin Nagasaki's" (GT3582R's) e-boost 2 gauge Z06/LT4 fuel system 365lph in-tank Armageddon fuel pump QTP exhaust cut-outs and laid down 965rwhp/850 rwtq on a mustang dyno with 18psi on 116 race fuel (cut-outs open). I say all of this because the stock transmission detonated the 4-5-6 shaft (intermediate hub) near the splines. I took it to a "race shop" that said they would upgrade as much as they could; and was told at the time, there were limited aftermarket parts available for the 6L80E. This was mid 2018 with less than 10K miles on the truck and about 500 miles on the engine/turbo build and I discovered that was not entirely true. I drove the truck after their work,  with "spirited road driving" while the roads were wet no less. Long story short; they f'd me and I detonated the 4-5-6 stock intermediate shaft again within 100 miles and no traction at all. They apparently replaced all parts that were broken with stock parts! Moving on, I took my truck to a different shop and researched my a** off and found PATC Transmissions. I had a warm and fuzzy after speaking with them and ordered the Phoenix Level 4 Master Rebuild kit among a few other minor accoutrements and re-tuning of my TCM by Mike from Century Automotive. It is now APR 2019 and I am about 1 1/2 weeks away from having the my billet planetary gear mailed to me; for the new, more reputable shop in my area to install all of this PATC bada**ery. If anyone is truly interested, I will post new info once I put the new Phoenix Master Rebuild kit through the ringer with the full weight/horsepower/torque of my particular application...I hope this helps if there are some lost souls out there that may be headed down the same long. hard. road. of a "full send" like myself! Please post if you have questions/comments/concerns; as I have "been there done that and forgot the t-shirt" with the L86/6L80E so far. 

• By nwkelly
      Got my SLT ceramic coated. The product is called QP-ON. Turned out pretty good! Debating getting 3m wrap on the front end. So expensive! 

• By Kyle Haslam
      I have a Trail Boss LT that I will be installing a Motofab 1.5" leveling kit in. I have been doing all kinds of research on what size Nitto Ridge Grapplers I want to put on my 20" Fuel Maverick rims with a +1 offset. Mainly been looking at the 295/60r20 (33.93x11.77) and the 305/55r20 (33.23x12.44). I like the width of the 305/55 but wish it had the height of the 295/60. Was curious if any other trail boss owners had some pictures they'd want to share of their aftermarket tire setups.These trucks are BIG and IMO the stock tires look too small on them. Trying to fill out the wheel well as mush as possible without rubbing too bad. Not opposed to trimming some liner, but no metal. Thanks guys!
    • By tyrich88
      Sold my 2015 Silverado a few weeks ago and bought a new GMC Sierra SLT with the z71 package and the 6.2L v8! 
      Had the camper shell moved over and sold the Silverado to my dad.
      It's been a great change so far. Nicer interior so my wife and daughter enjoy it. It's much quieter with the active noise cancellation, and the thing just SCOOTS! 

My 5.3 that i had before was modded and would move pretty quick but this 6.2 just puts it TO SHAME.
      Installed an AFE Momentum GT Intake on it a few days ago and it's even better.
      Just cracked 1000 miles over the weekend and it's already better on gas mileage, ride quality and everything in between than the silverado was. 

Very excited for the modifications to come. 

Looking to add some fox coilovers to all 4 corners in the next week or so, which will level it out and lift the front end.
      Will then upgrade to 10 ply tires, probably a good bit taller than stock. (thinking about cooper at3 XLT's currently in probably 275/65R20 or 285/60R20)
      Then planning to put airbags on the back for towing. 

Still undecided on exhaust setup, but will plan to do that and probably tune it in the future as well. 

Anyways, heres a pic of the truck when i picked it up. i'll post some pics of the intake after installation as well.