Gorehamj

2020 GMC Sierra HD AT4 Images and Details

2020-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-AT4-012.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1-23-2019

If you have not started with our prior story today on the all-new 2020 Sierra HD it may make sense to do so. This post picks up from there and highlights just the AT4 trim line of the new Sierra HD. 

2020-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-AT4-013.jpg

The all-new 2020 Sierra Heavy Duty AT4 expands on the GMC AT4's reach with a distinctive off-road identity for the new Sierra HD. Distinguished in its dark chrome exterior finishes and front and rear bumpers and a grille surround finished in body color, the AT4 has its own style. The grille design is also bolder than on the other HD trims, and is finished in black chrome and set off by the AT4's distinctive red vertical recovery hooks.

2020-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-AT4-015.jpg

The interior continues the AT4-specific darkened trim, including dark-tinted and textured aluminum finishes on the steering wheel, center stack and sill plates, as well as a unique Jet Black interior with Kalahari color accents in the seats and live stitching. AT4's leather seating has mini-perforated inserts and embroidered AT4 badging on the headrests, along with standard all-weather floor liners.

The new Sierra AT4 Heavy Duty's unique suspension and supporting technologies enable its off-road capabilities. Features include:

Off-road suspension, Rancho Shocks, skid plates, Eaton locking rear differential.
Eighteen-inch wheels wrapped with Michelin all-terrain tires, with 20-inch wheels available.
Traction Select System with specific Off-Road mode.
Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist.
Segment-exclusive 15-inch diagonal Head-Up Display with Off-Road Inclinometer.
HD Surround Vision for low-speed views of vehicle surroundings.

Nicest looking HD truck on the market right now imo, the Fords lol i don't care what they can do when it has a face so ugly you would have to drive the thing backwards to not be embarrassed. The Dodge is blah, the Silverado is as ugly as the Ford and kind of look alike, so clearly GMC wins this segment hands down in my book. Only thing i don't care much for are the marker lights above the wheel wells but certainly not a deal breaker.

And god dammit i wish gm would go back to Bilstein shocks and toss these rubbish Ranchos!

• Like 2

YUP!  This thing is the CHIT!

Oh HELL YES!

Getting lottery ticket now....

• Like 1

Starting at a cool house mortgage price of atleast $75,000 I bet lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yep ... and  the minute it's out of warranty, have fun when all those electronic goodies fail.

I'd be willing to bet every module in that thing is over 4 figures ... and made in Thailand.

• Like 1

Looks really nice. Probobly not affordable.. Maybe if you are in sales and get a company stipend for payments. 

Looking at the dash board again, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

It looks clean, organized and calm.

I said it somewhere else already, the more I look at the 12" screen in the RAM the more it looks out of place.

so long

j-ten-ner

Very Nice. Maybe I will have to give my Base CCLB to the workers and upgrade to a AT4 HD. Although it killed me to fork over $50k CAD for my current 2018 2500, this in a Diesel will likely run $85,000 CAD before taxes and the $2k they want for delivery these days. Amazing truck, but don't think I will be kicking your door down to get at one anytime soon GM. Maybe when your pricing comes back down to earth. 

Is it just me or do others see a bunch of Ram characteristics? Especially the grill.

4 hours ago, Bandit33x said:

Is it just me or do others see a bunch of Ram characteristics? Especially the grill.

It's just you.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Haha 1

Is it just me or would the grill surround look better in white (body color) instead of the black? Kinda like the 1500. In my mind it does. Someone should photoshop that. 

3D2365CA-DB95-4E15-8743-2B5138589E18.jpeg

DA9C0D21-BEF0-42ED-BF00-CE0205E9CFF8.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Alec DiAstra
      GM recalls 160,000 pickup trucks in Canada for fire risks, nothing announced in US yet
      As of right now there is a recall for all GM 1500's years 2014-2018 that have both a rear window defogger and a power sliding rear window. 
      https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/gm-recall-pickup-trucks-canada-fire-risks/

That recall has not been expanded to the US.

I Just got off the phone with GM and filed a request to have the recall expanded to the US. I would encourage everyone who this applies to in this forum to do the same. It takes about 5-10 min but could save us all a lot of hassle later. 

HAVE YOUR VIN READY
      Call GM @1 (866) 522-9559
      Reference this recall number:
      Manufacturer Recall Number
      N192220470
      (This is the recall number from GM in Canada)
      (reference: 
      https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/VRDB-BDRV/search-recherche/detail.aspx?lang=eng&mk=0&md=0&fy=0&ty=9999&ft=&ls=0&sy=0&rn=2019325&cf=SearchResult&pg=50)

They will tell you that the recall only applies in Canada and not to your VIN. 
      Express to them that the recall needs to be expanded to the US since our vehicles are also affected. 

Please post here if you have called GM (just so we can keep track) 
      Please also post if you have experienced this issue (smoke, glass breakage, etc) 

Affected components: electrical – rear window defroster on trucks equipped with the power sliding rear window.
      Affected vehicles:
      2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2015-2019 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado LD 2014-2018 GMC Sierra 1500 2015-2019 GMC Sierra HD 2014-2018 GMC Sierra LD  

It may be a good idea to sticky this topic. 

• By midwestdenaliguy
      2016-2018 GMC Sierra Elevation grille that's been professionally painted black. This is a brand new OEM grille. I ordered it and decided to go with a different style grille, absolutely nothing wrong with this grille. Shipping to continental US is free, local pick-up near St Louis MO. Price is $500.

• By truck_newbie
      Hi all, this is my first ever truck. Came from a ’16 Cadillac CTS which gave me non-stop issues. Decided it was time to try something else. I replaced the CTS with a ’19 Sierra AT4 6.2 fully loaded not too long ago and really loving this truck. Almost too much tech. That 6.2 engine is easily excited 😁. Still getting used to driving and parking such a big vehicle having driven sedans all my life.

My biggest peeve so far is that I almost wrecked it during my first week. I hit a medium bump on the road going 35mph and lost control of the truck as it swerved violently into the left lane. Luckily for me, there was no vehicle in the left lane as I think I would have probably hit it. Really shook me for a while. Chalked it up to not being used to driving a truck. After reading this forum quite a bit, I’ve come to the realization it could be a problem with this generation of the Sierra/Silverado. I’m now extremely careful when I go over bumps because it feels like the truck is sliding. I’ll be monitoring that thread to see if a solution crops up.

Anyways, happy to join this community. Hope you are all nice 🙂.

• By KenNTennessee
      My 2102 Sierra SLT with automatic dual temperature controls recently started blowing full cold regardless of the temperature setting.  It's been hot outside, so I don't mind on short trips, but on a longer ride, I keep turning the temperature up and it just keeps blowing full blast on cold, freezes you out.  The outside ambient temperature reads correctly, so I'm thinking maybe the cabin temperature sensors have gone bad.  I'm not sure where to find them and how to test them.  Otherwise I suppose it's in the Body Control Module?  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    • By Seth Huffaker
      Hi All, new to the forums, I just bought a 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali and I’m having a hard time with the 110v power outlet. Ever since I bought the truck it hasn’t worked. I removed the passenger side panel and checked fuse #35 and noticed it was blown. With the truck off and nothing plugged into the outlet I removed the fuse and the second the new 25amp made contact the fuse blew instantly, I tried it again with another 25 amp fuse and same problem. Took to the dealer and they’re wanting to charge me $600 to diagnose the problem as they have to “rip apart my whole dash” to isolate the issue. I looked inside the outlet and nothing is inside that would short it out. Before buying a plug or an inverter I wanted to ask here if there’s anything else I should try?  TIA