2019 Silverado Blown Engine

4 hours ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

So you’re telling me that GM does not hold their products to the same quality standards in the US and Mexico?

i guess all of those who are buying the statistically more expensive Mexican built crew cab are stupid for settling for lower quality for their higher cost.  :rolleyes:

No doubt they're held to the same standard... I bugs me a little that GM is making trucks and cars in Mexico but, better Mexico than Europe or China, at least they're our neighbors to the south... Hopefully the UAW will realize how they've over priced their workers for the market and start working towards bringing wages back down to a reasonable rate  so we can see more cars made in the US...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Denali34 said:

So now its wrong and racist to hope for USA made vehicle? Man, things sure have changed. A lot of people I served with did die for the first amendment and freedom so I guess its fitting in today's society... I digress. Being patriotic is not cool anymore. I'm glad I am not. 

Well said, we should be able to make many more things here that we do not... For self reliance if nothing else.. I'd rather support my neighbor that some guy in a foreign land ...

• Like 2

Since you idiots decided to devolve this into a dick measuring match I’ll try to get it back on track...

Got a call from the dealer yesterday, was told it needs an oil pump and bearing I believe.  Stuck to my guns and told him I either want to get out of this truck or have a new engine with an extended warranty. He said he’d need to discuss things with the service manager and would call back. Almost 3 weeks into this thing now. Also, I tried GM customer care and couldn’t get anywhere. Since I have a Chevy Service advisor there’s no one else that’s able to take calls at GM. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 7:09 AM, Zbass_10 said:

Since you idiots decided to devolve this into a dick measuring match I’ll try to get it back on track...

Got a call from the dealer yesterday, was told it needs an oil pump and bearing I believe.  Stuck to my guns and told him I either want to get out of this truck or have a new engine with an extended warranty. He said he’d need to discuss things with the service manager and would call back. Almost 3 weeks into this thing now. Also, I tried GM customer care and couldn’t get anywhere. Since I have a Chevy Service advisor there’s no one else that’s able to take calls at GM. 

Went through a similar process with a Subaru.  They fought a total engine replacement hard. Traded it in. 

Really, way back in 95 I lost a V-10 at 40K miles. They said it was a defective and put a new one in. I wouldn’t expect a new truck, a new engine no question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three options, 1). Trade it in and hopefully you come out happy, 2). Call GM Customer Assistance 1-866-790-5600 and discuss your frustrations with them, often more times do good than not do anything at all as the dealership is on the line too. 3). Call your local media consumer help line and that usually gets the ball rolling in your favor brings negative attention tends to push things in your favor. Your truck is a brand new 19 and will put very negative attention towards any manufacturer that doesn’t work to resolve the problem.

Good luck

Sent from above

If they ran that sucker with no oil pressure, I bet you need ALL new bearings. Not just 1. 

If they don't replace ALL the bearings and associated lobes, I'd throw a F'n fit! 

If they do a full proper rebuild, I'd be okay with that. But still push for the full warranty. 

And i'd want to see all the old parts. Obviously you can't keep them because they'd have to send to GM for warranty reasons, but at least see them all spread out. 

I don't trust dealers for shit. Spent too many years working in one. 

• Thanks 1