2019 Silverado Blown Engine

3 hours ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

What a bunch of racist garbage...

My Fort Wayne built Silverado was something like 46% Mexican parts... you ain’t escaping it, Ol’Jim. 

I fart Taco Bell gas into my Mexican Silverado every once in a while....keeps 'er from getting homesick and she treats me right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My Mexican Sierra is like a good Churro..... Crisp but chewy and coated in plenty of cinnamon with sugar :thumbs:

So far some of the 2019 T1's built in Fort Wayne Indiana have a slew of problems.

And most of the parts are sourced from Mexico.

• Sad 1

So now its wrong and racist to hope for USA made vehicle? Man, things sure have changed. A lot of people I served with did die for the first amendment and freedom so I guess its fitting in today's society... I digress. Being patriotic is not cool anymore. I'm glad I am not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

My Fort Wayne built Silverado was something like 46% Mexican parts... you ain’t escaping it, Ol’Jim. 

How is that racist? Is it racist for me not wanting to buy a Honda or a Mitsubishi or a Toyota?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Denali34 said:

So now its wrong and racist to hope for USA made vehicle? Man, things sure have changed. A lot of people I served with did die for the first amendment and freedom so I guess its fitting in today's society... I digress. Being patriotic is not cool anymore. I'm glad I am not. 

Thanks for your service bro.??

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

Race was originally defined as a group speaking the same language

Race was then redefined to reference a group of people within a nation

Race was redefined once again to include references of skin color

Race is currently being redefined to include sexual identity and or preference...

The definition of race and racism will continue to be expanded to include every subdivision and preference of human beings...

Long story short,  anytime you say anything negative about any group or simply state a preference towards another you can be called a racist. Thats the catch. When everything is "illegal" we are all law breakers. 

Example - I typically prefer German cars made by precision German engineering from the German culture that values precision. Does that mean Im racist against all other nations of people according to the ever change definition of "racism"? I'm American and love the American people but because I love German cars, I'm a racist towards Americans? Its a silly catch 22....Preferences without prejudice do not = racism.

..and no I do not support any form of hatred towards any group or people. I love all Gods people.

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chris walker said:

Race was originally defined as a group speaking the same language

Race was then redefined to reference a group of people within a nation

Race was redefined once again to references of skin color

Race is currently being redefined to include sexual identity and or preference...

The definition of race and racism will continue to be expanded to include every subdivision and preference of human beings...

Long story short anytime you say anything negative about any group or simply state a preference towards another you can be called a racist...Thats the catch. When everything is "illegal" we are all law breakers. 

..and no I do not support any form of hatred towards any group or people. 

OK, how about this:

Plenty of manufacturers build vehicles in Mexico. GM builds a ton of vehicles in Mexico and has for years.

Ol' Jim raised the question regarding where it was built presumably about quality. One could reasonably deduce from that an implication that the Mexican built Silverados are not of the same quality of Silverado as one built in Flint or Ft. Wayne.

Considering the vast majority of Silverados sold are Crew Cab and the vast majority of those are made in Mexico, I hope Ol' Jim bought a double cab...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Denali34 said:

Not in the least. Buy what makes you happy. The implication was that if it was made in Mexico it is of lower quality.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

OK, how about this:

Plenty of manufacturers build vehicles in Mexico. GM builds a ton of vehicles in Mexico and has for years.

Ol' Jim raised the question regarding where it was built presumably about quality. One could reasonably deduce from that an implication that the Mexican built Silverados are not of the same quality of Silverado as one built in Flint or Ft. Wayne.

Considering the vast majority of Silverados sold are Crew Cab and the vast majority of those are made in Mexico, I hope Ol' Jim bought a double cab...

Its not racist to believe products in different countries have different quality control and standards. They measure the perception of quality and quality control for goods and services by country every year.  Is the survey racist? Are the article Forbes writes about the perception of quality per country racist?

Jim's opinion seems to be globally accepted as the good old USA is ranked 8th in the survey. Where do you think Mexico is rated? Hint - Its not even on the list.....Does that mean Jim is a racist or he just shares a common global perception that Mexico may not have as tight of quality control standards or compliance regulations?

You dont have to hate the Mexican  people or look down on them (true racism) to believe the Mexican companies and or governments may not implement the same regulations, compliance initiatives or quality control for their manufacturing sector...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karstenstrauss/2017/03/27/made-in-where-the-countries-with-the-best-reputation-for-producing-quality/#25a8f5504b3d

https://www.statista.com/chart/8654/mici-the-worlds-most-respected-made-in-labels/

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 1

So you’re telling me that GM does not hold their products to the same quality standards in the US and Mexico?

i guess all of those who are buying the statistically more expensive Mexican built crew cab are stupid for settling for lower quality for their higher cost.  :rolleyes:

Edited by MDSilveradoGuy

5 hours ago, Denali34 said:

Well said. 

• Like 1

I own a 2018 Mexican Crew Cab and a 2018 American Double Cab and have to say the quality is about equal. Actually the fit and finish is probably slightly better on the the Crew Cab

That being said I wish they would keep the jobs in the USA instead of farming them out.   ??

• Like 2

IMO a reasonable expectation would be to have a new motor put in the truck and a nice Suburban Premier to cruise around in while they do the work plus an extra year or two of warranty on the new motor... GM warranties their truck, it's not like the days of buying protection plans at best buy where you could just turn the item back in for a new one cause it broke... Warranties are not guarantees..

• Like 1