Well folks, I did it. After all the failed attempts at the Chevy dealer I traded it in for a 2015 Ram 1500 Larame. I have to agree with the other folks on here that have done the same thing, it was the best decision I made and I am very happy. I will admit, it's disappointing though, this is my first non-GM car in close to 20 years. They really screwed the pooch on this one and lost a long time customer. Too bad they really don't care. Well, I am off to a nice, smooth vibrationless drive to the camp ground. I wish you all the best of luck and will remain subscribed to the thread. I am interested in the outcome.

Congrats !! Your going to love it and as I posted a few weeks ago I did the same thing . Couldn't be happier it's like a breath of fresh air . It's so nice not vibrating and feeling frustrated during and after every ride in my Silverado .

This 5.7 mated with this 8 speed transmission is amazing a long with the ride and can't believe the gas mileage I'm getting , pretty impressive .Love my new Ram !

Edited by TheFactor

Okay so my dealer wants me to pay to road force balance my tires. Said they won't cover it because it's part of normal maintenance. I've never had to rebalance tires after the initial setup.

What should I do? Tell them that I'll pay for it if it takes care of the issue? Tell them I'm not paying for it and they can pay for it?

First I need to take them on a ride and show them the vibration.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How many miles on your truck? It was my understanding that the dealer would cover anything tire related up until 7500 miles.

On the flip side I would gladly pay $100 or whatever they want if it fixed the problem....I know in principal it's wrong but sanity is worth something.

How many miles on your truck? It was my understanding that the dealer would cover anything tire related up until 7500 miles.

On the flip side I would gladly pay $100 or whatever they want if it fixed the problem....I know in principal it's wrong but sanity is worth something.

I'll answer that with a pic lol

7350fed19db54b755a1aa297a1b4bde2.jpg

Didn't show up until around 15k miles

• Like 1

I'll answer that with a pic lol

Didn't show up until around 15k miles

Ahhh...I see. Yeah it sucks but look at it like this maybe, since they have admitted a vibe and if it doesn't work they will have no choice to dig deeper into the issue. If it does fix it....well that would be awesome. I would pay good money right now to have a vibe free truck haha.

I am keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a new rig and trade mine off. As much as I love what it could be I can't get past the highway ride. Locally the GM dealers are willing to give me more for trade in than other manufactures which is a double edged sword IMO. Not sure what to do.

Edited by Newm
  • Like 1

Ahhh...I see. Yeah it sucks but look at it like this maybe, since they have admitted a vibe and if it doesn't work they will have no choice to dig deeper into the issue. If it does fix it....well that would be awesome. I would pay good money right now to have a vibe free truck haha.

I am keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a new rig and trade mine off. As much as I love what it could be I can't get past the highway ride. Locally the GM dealers are willing to give me more for trade in than other manufactures which is a double edged sword IMO. Not sure what to do.

Well they haven't admitted there us a vibe cause tech won't drive faster than 70. Sorry ass excuse. There's a freeway 10 min. from the dealer. I'll take em up to 80 when I get the chance

Well they haven't admitted there us a vibe cause tech won't drive faster than 70. Sorry ass excuse. There's a freeway 10 min. from the dealer. I'll take em up to 80 when I get the chance

OK..well that is a little shady IMO. They know the game, don't admit anything then you will have to fix it. Have them ride in the back seat with you driving so they can watch the passenger seat dance for them (assuming your passenger seat vibrates like mine does).

• Like 1

OK..well that is a little shady IMO. They know the game, don't admit anything then you will have to fix it. Have them ride in the back seat with you driving so they can watch the passenger seat dance for them (assuming your passenger seat vibrates like mine does).

Yeah it does. My 02 lifted on knobby 37's doesn't even vibrate as bad as this truck.

I don't believe mine is as bad as other trucks, feel really bad for those guys

Final answer from local dealer is it'll cost me about $3200 to get rid of my 2014 and get into a 2015 Sierra SLT (Same truck). Not thrilled, debating..arbitration is looming.

Service manager stated once rear differential was replaced, the lost vibration the Pico scope picked up was from the canvas tonneau cover the dealer installed when I bought it. Anyone have a tonneau cover that isn't hard/solid?

Sales guy at dealer stated to me he thinks the issue lies within the 20" wheels on the truck. I wonder....

I'm sick of this.

Sent from my iPhone

Final answer from local dealer is it'll cost me about $3200 to get rid of my 2014 and get into a 2015 Sierra SLT (Same truck). Not thrilled, debating..arbitration is looming.

Service manager stated once rear differential was replaced, the lost vibration the Pico scope picked up was from the canvas tonneau cover the dealer installed when I bought it. Anyone have a tonneau cover that isn't hard/solid?

Sales guy at dealer stated to me he thinks the issue lies within the 20" wheels on the truck. I wonder....

I'm sick of this.

Sent from my iPhone

I have soft cover and no shake or vib at highway speed with 373 gears 9.75 rear end 20'' wheels

Edited by Silverado 6.2
  • Like 1

I'm sick of this.

Sent from my iPhone

Why give them more of your money when they already showed you the problem could not be fixed? All information shows that mechanically the 2014's and 2015's are identical.

I do think the Sierra/Silverado twins are the best looking out there but I would personally be hesitant to trade a truck in at a loss and pick up an identical truck. 353 pages shows that its not an isolated incident.

• Like 1

well no im stumped..I had a vibrator.took it in 6000 miles ago and they replaced the drive shaft, rotated and balanced tires, balanced drive shaft and it was fixed...rode like a lexus.....well bring it into the dealer yesterday for a tire rotation and oil change and the SHAKE IS BACK....76 mph and look out, this baby rattles....what the hell could have happened to start this nightmare again?!!!!!