My 2014 Silverado has the same issue with the vibrations, Bought the truck last Thursday with 8000 miles on it, noticed it a couple days later and when I Googled it I ended up here... I'll keep checking back here to see what happens.

Someone else got tired of their vibrations and you just inherited them. I'd be curious to see what the service history on your truck is.

Well, I had mentioned that I was done dealing with all of GM's BullSh*t, particularly after they told me that it was "normal operation" and they they wouldn't do anything. The lawfirm I had contacted called me back today, and they ARE interested in taking the class action case, they have already gotten some "experts" to look into ALL of the issues, I gave them a little more information, and they said that either one of their "upper level partners" or the "experts" will be contacting me in the next few weeks regarding the overall case.

Here we go, the ball is finally rolling

(if anyone wants to/ is willing to speak to them, please pm me your Name, Email, and Phone)

I guess I wonder why GM dealer would even entertain "helping me out so much" (still a $3200 difference to get into a replacement truck) if nothing is wrong with it.... Do they want to keep me happy or do they not want to admit a problem they can't fix? Hmmmm.....

Sent from my iPhone

I guess I wonder why GM dealer would even entertain "helping me out so much" (still a $3200 difference to get into a replacement truck) if nothing is wrong with it.... Do they want to keep me happy or do they not want to admit a problem they can't fix? Hmmmm.....

Sent from my iPhone

clearly they want to keep every one so happy by not fixing issues with our trucks then make us pay to get a new one that may or may not still have the problem hahaha. GM is a joke now, I'm so disappointed in them, and by the way in case anyone didn't realize it, the first part was sarcasm, they clearly don't have a fix, and don't want to admit there is a problem

• Like 1

Someone else got tired of their vibrations and you just inherited them. I'd be curious to see what the service history on your truck is.

Regarding service history, I looked up my 2014 trade in at the Ram dealer I bought from last week. My Silverado is up for sale and they have a free carfax for it. So being that I have been into the Chevy service department umpteen times, I took a look to see what service records were there. Not a one. It shows no service on that vehicle.

• Like 1

Regarding service history, I looked up my 2014 trade in at the Ram dealer I bought from last week. My Silverado is up for sale and they have a free carfax for it. So being that I have been into the Chevy service department umpteen times, I took a look to see what service records were there. Not a one. It shows no service on that vehicle.

and thats why carfax sucks

Guess they must have paid carfax to wipe it clean [emoji23] maybe for warranty work it doesn't show it

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

well i have good news to report...puzzling but good...so after a tire rotation my shake came back...everything was fine prior to the rotation...brought it in today with not much optimism....turns out 3 wheels were out of balance??? wtf?? they were road force balanced 1.5 months ago.....wonder how this happened??? anyways shake fixed....

well i have good news to report...puzzling but good...so after a tire rotation my shake came back...everything was fine prior to the rotation...brought it in today with not much optimism....turns out 3 wheels were out of balance??? wtf?? they were road force balanced 1.5 months ago.....wonder how this happened??? anyways shake fixed....

for how long though is the real question. good luck

Guess they must have paid carfax to wipe it clean [emoji23] maybe for warranty work it doesn't show it

Except that I was in for regular service FIVE times besides the endless recalls and warranty work. I guess I won't be trusting carfax.

Except that I was in for regular service FIVE times besides the endless recalls and warranty work. I guess I won't be trusting carfax.

• Like 1

Sometimes Autocheck will show stuff carfax doesn't and vice versa. I don't trust either, they are nice to see, but I check for body work myself regardless of what they say

I test drove (2) 2015 GMC Sierra Denali's this eve, both 20" wheels, both with Goodyear tires... both vibrated, one less than the other but still apparent. So.....

I drove past a Ford Dealer, I though what the hell... I'll go in and see. I told the sales guy that I am a longtime GM guy, but disgruntled over the ride quality due to vibration on many trucks i've driven and previously owned Silverado. He says...

"Well you're going to be a Ford guy once you drive this..." Pointing to a truck I selected, a 2015 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4X4. It looked beautiful, double moonroof, black on black, 20" wheels (Goodyear raised white letter tires) retracting side step, loaded, and nice. It had the 3.5 v6, i'm a v8 guy but was only there to road test. The 3.5 was pretty zippy, acceleration was good, the ride was quite, then I approached my road test area. I drive this road daily, 70mph speed limit, varying surfaces such as concrete, smooth black top, some rougher asphalt. This has been my test drive strip, about 10 miles of intermittent surface. I will tell you... this F150 Vibrated WORSE than any Chevy or GMC thus far... I felt it at 60, increasing to 70, shook like crazy at 80... I heard things in the cab vibrating, rattling, and the passenger seat next to me vibrated BAD! I held my phone up steadily, not rested against anything and it's very apparent as to the vibration! (Can I post video's here, or link to youtube?)

By far the worst shaking vehicle thus far. I told the sales guy about it... "well maybe it's just the road?" NO... It's not the road! "Well Ford balances the tires at the plant, they put stickers on each wheel showing that". "Would you like to try another one"... No Thank You! I left...

I am striking out with getting a truck thus far. I have one Chevy dealer still trying to work on a truck that I want to purchase, I know the service manager went to several meetings at the GM Tech Center in Warren MI to discuss things, not just with my truck, but with others as well. I have not heard anything yet.

Sad.. the ride quality of these trucks, Ford also, with the technology that we have today... we tweaked, changed, redesigned, "improved" these trucks with young college kid designers and engineers stripping quality right out of the equation! They look good, but they ride like sh*t!

Edited by mundfund

I googled... Ford has known vibration issues as well !!!

http://www.f150forum.com/esp_search.php?query=2015+vibration&type=gcs

A posted Ford F150 Post example:

2015 f150 fx4 vibration-help

Hello, trying to get an issue resolved. I purchased a brand new F150 lariat supercrew 4x4 with 3.5 ecoboost. Had a 2hr drive home from dealer and noticed a vibration seemed to be coming mostly from the rear of the truck. Took it next few days to local ford dealer and they said two tires in rear had flat spots and they needed to order. I picked the truck up to drive until tires arrived two days later and during the road force balance on the first visit they must have moved the rear tires to the front because the vibration had shifted and I could feel it more in the steering than before. Two days later: They changed out the two tires and vibration seemed reduced at times but was not gone. I left the following day on a 600 mi highway trip pulling a utility trailer with polaris, so slightly weighted, and the vibration was multiplied the entire trip (frustrating to say the least for a $55k truck), at speeds any where from 50-up mph. Returned from trip and dropped off the truck for two days with a result of they couldn't duplicate the problem (absolute BS), they then proceeded to explain to me that if I only have 1 window down and not two it causes a shuttering effect inside the cab and feels like a vibration....really?! Another few days and continued vibration I stopped by dealer unannounced and the service manager took a ride with me since I had a trailer behind me and the vibration was magnified. He was obviously way to be busy for my issue, noticed by his lack of communication and smug demeanor. His tune changed slightly when he could "barely feel it". He explained he is going to order two more tires and road force balance then to let him know if it persists. One drive on the highway and it was obvious it was still there. I want to note the last thing I want is to spend days on end at ford service. I'm just wanting a vibrating free truck. I am now scheduled for Tuesday 13th to take the truck back in to swap tires back and ???. I'm thinking drive shaft, rotors?? I pulled the utility trailer again yesterday and horrible shaking around 55mph then settles down at some speeds and increases in others. I have now made video of the vibration on the inside as well as the vibration at the transfer case and the rear diff during highway speeds when shaking is at its worst with a gopro camera, hoping the service manager will actually review it to get some idea of what's happening. Just turned 3400mi....Any ideas guys??
Edited by mundfund

Maybe there are some members on here looking to sell their 2014/15 non-vibrator. My vibration was 95% improved by re-balancing the tires. I have talked to about 25 2015/15 silverado/sierra owners in the year I have had mine and asked all of them about vibration problems and not a one had a problem with vibrations. Just my sample but your results may vary!

• Like 1