I had a 2014 Z71 crew cab 4x4 Silverado 1500 that drove awesome!! No vibrations, transmission great and was happy. My wife has the same in a GMC and is great also. Well with all the rebates going on I decided to trade in for a 2017. Same truck just with different tires and I have the dreaded vibration starting at 72 and ridiculous at 78mph. Going in the shop for road balancing today.

I wouldn't bet on a swift resolution unless it's just tires. If you have Goodyear tires, press them for Michelins. RFB is a band-aid for iffy tires. Can you get your 2014 back?

Well some absolutely great news for my situation.

I have been having a shudder (believe torque converter) in V4 with light throttle. A few second shudder then would cycle out for about ten seconds, then repeat the cycle. Always in V4 with light throttle or downhill.

It started about 15,000 miles ago but have never been able to catch it during a test drive at my normal service dealership. It used to be once a week on my normal work route and progressively became about a dozen times each way.

The tranny fluid is grey but not burnt. Definitely a concern according to local transmission shop...

I decided to go to another dealership, closer to where I work to try and get the issue to replicate. With fingers crossed and anxiety at an all time high, I had the Service Manager get in the passenger seat. We got in the truck and headed down the block... The Silverado did not dissappoint me this time, for damn near a block she dropped into V4 and shuddered like hell. His response, "that is not normal".

I have an appointment on Monday for them to try to determine what is in fact wrong. There are no CEL on the dash so this will be plug into a computer and get it to happen.

In following some other posts on this and other Chevy forums, I am guessing Torque Converter Clutch.

I am also hoping that whatever is broken, when fixed, will eliminate the awful resonance I have in the steering wheel.

Edited by 14silverado4.3

I have stayed away from this forum for a few months and this thread grew by a hundred pages and it is still going! So it is safe to say that the problem is not fixed yet?

Edited by pm26
  • Like 2

I have been out of my vibrator for a year and a half and drop in every now and then to see what's going on with this issue....sad to see it's more of the same old same old.

I loved a lot of things about my Denali but between the vibration and a lifter failing in the first 5K miles I walked to another brand. Sad because I really do like the new GMC trucks but may never buy one again with the way most of us have been treated after dropping this much coin on a rig.

Good luck guys and I sincerely hope everyone gets out one way or another....I know how frustrating it can be.

Peace!

Got all 4 tires road force balanced at my dealer and finally got on the highway today, was only for a couple of minutes, but no vibration all the way up to 80mph. Dealer said both front tires were out of GM spec and needed some weights added. Hopefully it stays smooth and doesn't come back!

Shame on you GM.......!

The people, the government, and your loyal customers gave you a second life, yet these f...ing vibrating trucks are still not solved, this is madening to those that are expected to drive them.

Get these trucks fixed! These engineers, and your R&D department should be reviewed for incompetence.

I don't know how GM could allow this truck to be built, while shaking down the street.

Your customers you screwed over will be moving on.....people report your shaking to NHTSA and GM CEO

Thxs

Edited by 2strokesmoke

Any improvement after the balance? Stock Tires and Stock Wheels?

I just contacted a Lemon Law Lawyer and they stated that they will be taking on my case... They also said I'm the 3rd Silverado with vibration issues TODAY. I know nothing here is new but come on already. I really don't want to go to a different brand but I don't know what to do at this point.

Sorry for the delay. Discount Tire was able to warranty the 2 tires that were .33 and .34 out on the RFB. Even after owning them a year and putting about 8000 miles on them. However, during that time they had RFB'd them 3 times, dealer 1 time and both the dealer and Discount Tire had the same 2 tires as being the possible culprit.

I'm back to having a normal truck. Well, a very tolerable truck. I can still sense it. Stock 20" rims, Nitto G2 305/50/20 tires.

Will be driving the shaking Silverado to Columbus this weekend , last time shaking like hell going part way down . Coming home could not have been any better , this dam think is like a crazy women ! I go to dinner about 1 time a week and two weeks ago was bad , steering wheel shaking on the way to town and on the way home everything ok . Today I drove a short distance maybe up to 45 and you could tell it was ready to come apart , a truck can not take this punishment something has to give . I checked my motor oil and it is dirty [Synthetic Oil ] and I have about 36 % oil life left and I do not do city driving , most out on the 65 to 70s interstate

Next wed, appointment #2, riding with the shop foreman i was told. It comes and goes was fine for 2-3 after new tire and road balancing, was fine yesterday when my brother drove it, but today everything was shaking so bad, frustrating.

Without reading through hundreds of pages, I have a 2017 sierra. I notice when I apply the breaks to come to a stop a feel a bit if a vibe in my feet. Has this been covered? I don't feel anything when driving yet, fingers crossed. But only when breaking I feel this. No one else notices, but I do, it is very minimal but I still feel something. It's not smooth to me. Feels off.

Edited by 09rcsb

Without reading through hundreds of pages, I have a 2017 sierra. I notice when I apply the breaks to come to a stop a feel a bit if a vibe in my feet. Has this been covered? I don't feel anything when driving yet, fingers crossed. But only when breaking I feel this. No one else notices, but I do, it is very minimal but I still feel something. It's not smooth to me. Feels off.

Miles? Sounds like bad brake pads or warped rotors.

Edited by AllTerrainX
  • Like 1

THis was my first thought

Miles? Sounds like bad brake pads or warped rotors.

I second the above