RECALL - Fire Risk

I would assume if they have the recall in place they would update the service info. I would be curious to know if the calibration update is loaded into TIS yet. If anyone wants to shoot me a VIN I can run it through to see if they show any calibration updates available. Not having the vehicle and knowing what calibration it has kind of limits what I can check but I may be able to gain some insight as to what the calibration changes.

Craig

Thanks, I may take you up on that. Your Nova looks familiar, do you hang out on Yellow Bullet?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about double post

Did not see other post

I did attach a link to the article in the Detroit News

Called Dealer to set up appointment. He told me that change was already done on my truck. We picked it up on January 3rd.

So it has been out there for a while.

Well, mine hasn't caught fire (yet) and it's spent plenty of time idling (gotta love remote start! :D) and we've had extreme low temps ever since I picked up the truck a month ago (lots of days around -15°C, down to as cold as -30°C here ............which is roughly -10°F to -20°F). I'm not going to stop letting the truck sit and warm up. If it burns down, they build new ones every day :).

Called my dealer about it this morning. The girl I spoke with is pretty sharp and seems always on top of things over the years I've known her. She expressed frustration that service heard about the issue from news reports and just today got the letter from GM. She said that they have no direction about what to do yet about the problem and that they aren't even allowed to sell any until they get the ok again from GM. Like others have said, I have insurance so I'm not going to sweat it but I hope they get us some information soon. And incidentally, I am still interested in getting the illumination issue squared away. Great truck and I can honestly say it's the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Archived