On 12/13/2017 at 11:12 PM, pgamboa said:

What this comes down to is:

• My Plug and Play Harness
  • (2) USB Cables - based on the console year your purchased

Thanks guys!  I'll be filling orders on my waitlist, then everyone else on a first come, first serve basis.

How do I order?! 

• 3 months later...
On 12/13/2017 at 11:35 PM, pgamboa said:

Jump Seat to Full Center Console Retrofit 
Plug and Play Harness by PGAMBOA

For those of you looking to swap your Jump Seat to a Full Center Console, I now have a Plug and Play Harness for this upgrade!  This long awaited - PnP Harness will allow you to EASILY perform this upgrade.  NO cutting or splicing needed!

Center Console - Plug and Play Harness is $150 Shipped anywhere in the US. For Canada, please add $24.95.

Since there are several versions and configurations of center consoles and truck trim levels, I feel that I have covered a majority of the configurations that are out there.  There will be several assumptions on the ability to perform this upgrade and I’ll try to be as detailed and comprehensive as possible.

Please see the different USB Cable configuration diagrams at the end.

Assumptions:

- 2014-2015 Center Consoles will have different USB Cable requirements than 2016-2017 AND will have different USB Hubs.  The PnP Harness should be compatible, but you MUST verify the connector under the passenger AND the front of the console!  Since this is a custom product, there will be NO REFUNDS on it.

- Center Console MUST have its factory harness intact and not modified.

- Connection under the Passenger Seat AND Front of Center Console must look exactly like the diagram.  There is a variant X314 Connector under the seat, so yours MUST match in order for this harness to adapt. 

- Additional GM USB Cables must be purchased separately (based on your console year) to get USB Hubs functional.

- Wireless Charging - Wireless Charging became available on 2016 and 2017 consoles.  If you are looking at adding a Wireless Charging Lid to a 2014-2015 Console, please PM me for requirements.  Also, there are known issues with 2016/2017 Consoles with the Wireless Lid and charging iPhone 8 and iPhone X Phones.  There are workarounds for this that require some form of modification to the charging module.  You can also swap the module for a 2018 Module that DOES charge iPhone 8 and iPhone X phones.  Please PM me for questions on specifics.

- Your truck MUST have an existing 110V AC Outlet AND (1) - 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Plug as you will be reusing those.  My PnP Harness DOES NOT add the 110V AC Outlet if you don’t already have it.  However, I CAN add an additional 12V DC Outlet connection if needed.

- USB Cable connections will come from your HMI (Behind the Glove Box).  You MUST verify that you have the USB Ports available, otherwise, your USB Hubs will not work correctly.

- This PnP harness DOES NOT add any Car Play, Apple Play, or Android Play functionality.  If your truck did not already come with it, you will not gain it.
With this PnP Harness, you ***should*** have ALL the components in your console functional.

Those options include:

Front of the Console:

• Front - Left USB Hub (Dual USB - 2016/2017or Triple USB Hub 2014/2015 - Uses my Plug and Harness AND a USB Cable from the HMI
  • Front - Left 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Outlet - Uses existing connections (truck must be equipped.  If not, I can custom add this if needed)
  • Front - Right 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Outlet -  Uses my Plug and Play Harness
  • Front - Right 110V AC Outlet - Uses existing connections (truck must be equipped)

Inside Storage Compartment:

• Inside - Left 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Outlet - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged into the front main 42-Way Connector
  • Inside - Right USB Hub - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged in the front main 42-Way Connector and USB Cable
  • Inside - LED Lamp - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged into the front main 42-Way Connector
  • Wireless Charging Lid (2016-2017 only) - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged into the front main 42-Way Connector

Rear of the Console:

• 12V DC - Cigarette Lighter Outlet - Uses my Plug and Play Harness plugged into the front main 42-Way Connector

THERE IS A LOT TO CONSUME HERE, SO PLEASE PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ON THIS.  I WANT ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND ALL THE REQUIREMENT FOR THIS RETROFIT BEFORE PURCHASING.

36c4ae3d906ca20d091752c035025969.jpg

2d1fe48b1a860d65b288301255a90a92.jpg

bdcb6022704f30a3172eba5cddc1aa35.jpg

b90505fb30863f0ce59a90b99f60b2c8.jpg

dc54b9338950721e4bc7fb302ea42f56.jpg

16-Pin - Plug and Play Harness
a2c3f8361f06044798de54f56fbfeaab.jpg

23-Pin - Plug and Play Harness
dc6d0faaf90695b11a78695f27a370c4.jpg

Can I still order these cables/harnesses? I cannot seem to find the link to do so. Please send me a link if so. Thanks!

8 hours ago, josney said:

anyone know where to find the center consoles at a decent price? Local pull-a-part, ebay???

any ideas? thanks

I'm looking for one too but all I see is a couple on ebay for a grand.

I'm wondering if you can buy all the parts to make a complete console from ....

GMpartsdirect , Shopchevy. Com, GM parts outlet, GM parts store.com

Etc.

Does anyone have list of the part numbers needed?

After an exhausting search to find a complete console at the salvage yards I bit the bullet and ordered a new one. Well all the parts to build it anyways what a pain in my ass and way too spendy. The shipping is ridiculous. There better not be any busted pieces or I'll go ballastic. But I always wish I had this and now I will so big deal.

Waiting on Phil G. to let me know what I need from him.

I sure hope I got everything ....

Screenshot_20211126-132840_Yahoo Mail~2.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

I also ordered Phil's harnesses. I needed four to do the swap. The 16 pin main harness , two USB harnesses, and the wireless charging retrofit harness.

Phil answered my emails right away.

Should have everything in 2-3 weeks so I can put it under the tree.🎄

• Like 1

can someone offer suggestions?

I purchased the harness and installed what I have.

Truck is a 2016 Sierra.

Console in a 2016 or newer. *has usb IN and usb OUT above the power connection when connecting things.

from the image on page 1, i need to know what USB Cables I need.

I want all the USB Connections to work.

Hoping i only need to take things apart 1 more time.

TIA

7 minutes ago, pixelmonkey380 said:

can someone offer suggestions?

I purchased the harness and installed what I have.

Truck is a 2016 Sierra.

Console in a 2016 or newer. *has usb IN and usb OUT above the power connection when connecting things.

from the image on page 1, i need to know what USB Cables I need.

I want all the USB Connections to work.

Hoping i only need to take things apart 1 more time.

TIA

I think Phil has the install on his YouTube channel, 

• Like 1

Hello Frankie,

Was watching the video while removing the seat and putting the console in place. 

I had purchased a console over the summer and finally ordered the harness a few weeks back, all after viewing the thread and video last spring.

my mind had skipped over the need for the additional cable order to bring everything active. 

identified the parts from page one of this thread. 

both are needed for what i have. 

ordered with gmpartdirect and plan on getting to them this week.

TY

• Like 1