17 6.2 tune

Is anyone running the diablo i3? Not trying to void warranty and it says its undetectable. But from reading on here the 17s are pretty secure. I also have the 8 speed. Is that a good option or do I need to wait until the warranty is up? Im also running 33s is there anything that can recal my speedo or am I out of luck with that to? I have a CAI and am looking at LT headers also.

These days they can look hard enough to find out if something was done to the computer programming they really want to. Even if a programmer puts everything back to stock and what was done isn't detected it doesn't mean they can't detect something was done just won't know what.

From what ive been told the 17/18s once its tuned your warranty is done. Something about onstar diagnositics or w/e. I've been running the range on my 18 for a bit. Just hit 3k miles and ordering long tubes soon and scheduling a dyno tune appointment. Only reason ill need warranty is for the bs afm crap.. If it takes a shit then good reason to throw a cam in it. 

I look at it this way, why pay  $49k for a truck and be worried about it, enjoy it and if shit happens and a lifter hits the bed then fix it. 

It's all relevant.  If you have a tune and your power door locks quit working, it will be covered.  A handheld tuner can't  tune these vehicles wildly enough to cause much harm.  I think it only allows a few hundred rpm over stock, same with shift points.  Torque management cannot be 100% removed.  However a tune is a tune.  On a side note, as of now, no handheld tuner can tune the 17/18 8speed transmissions.  I have an i3 for my 18 8speed and all I can do is install the "Diablo" tune, remove the top speed governor and adjust for tire height.  However, I do have 33" tires and speedometer is less than a mph off.  I noticed when I had my old 15 Silverado, I put 33" tires on and changed the speedometer accordingly, only to find out later that the speedometer was wrong after being calibrated for the 33" tires.  I put 33s on this truck and checked the speedo with a gps and with waze and like I said, it's less than a mph off.

Yea I ran my radar detector Speedo and my phone Speedo and they were within one with my 33s on the truck. I see so many people back and forth on the afm. My truck seems to hunt more than it should for the afm maybe because of the tires. Seems like you are saying the Diablo tune isn't worth it really. I just saw somewhere that headers and cai needs a tune because it'll run way to lean which is why I was looking into it

If you tune it and have a major problem with drivertrain your probably going to be screwed.  Not sure if I would take that chance, but if you got the extra money for repairs by all means go for it.  I know a lot of people tune their trucks and never have a problem, but there is always that chance.  Good luck with whatever you choose.

I’m still waiting for the first person to say they were turned down with a tune on a gas vehicle. Every now and then a thread pops up about tunes and warranty and I ask. Been asking since early 2014. I’ve used tunes since they were available. I had one warranty fix on a transmission in 07 truck had a tune no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/16/2018 at 1:11 PM, SILVER SLED said:

It's all relevant.  If you have a tune and your power door locks quit working, it will be covered.  A handheld tuner can't  tune these vehicles wildly enough to cause much harm.  I think it only allows a few hundred rpm over stock, same with shift points.  Torque management cannot be 100% removed.  However a tune is a tune.  On a side note, as of now, no handheld tuner can tune the 17/18 8speed transmissions.  I have an i3 for my 18 8speed and all I can do is install the "Diablo" tune, remove the top speed governor and adjust for tire height.  However, I do have 33" tires and speedometer is less than a mph off.  I noticed when I had my old 15 Silverado, I put 33" tires on and changed the speedometer accordingly, only to find out later that the speedometer was wrong after being calibrated for the 33" tires.  I put 33s on this truck and checked the speedo with a gps and with waze and like I said, it's less than a mph off.

What tune are you running? Did you pull any tq management out? Any notice power difference?

6 hours ago, Josh154 said:

What tune are you running? Did you pull any tq management out? Any notice power difference?

I'm running the "diablo tune" and no top speed governor.  It seem to name a bit more power at lower rpm.  Other than tire height and gear ratio changes that's the only thing that can be tuned with the diablo i3 on a 17-18 8 speed trans. There is no transmission tuning available for the 17-18 8 speed with a handheld that I know of so far, so no torque management removal, upping line pressure or changing shift points. 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:26 PM, SILVER SLED said:

I'm running the "diablo tune" and no top speed governor.  It seem to name a bit more power at lower rpm.  Other than tire height and gear ratio changes that's the only thing that can be tuned with the diablo i3 on a 17-18 8 speed trans. There is no transmission tuning available for the 17-18 8 speed with a handheld that I know of so far, so no torque management removal, upping line pressure or changing shift points. 

That's mainly what im looking for. I know I cant do a trans tune so no big deal. Mainly looking for a "sport" tune, governer removed and ability to change tire height and gears if I ever do it. It says it can go back to stock and not been seen have you tried it?

3 hours ago, saltgod said:

That's mainly what im looking for. I know I cant do a trans tune so no big deal. Mainly looking for a "sport" tune, governer removed and ability to change tire height and gears if I ever do it. It says it can go back to stock and not been seen have you tried it?

I have not tried going back to stock yet, but I don't see why it won't. 

Archived