The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

Just talked with Customer Care on Chevy Chat.  My truck has been built and is at event code 4200.  They said it is waiting to be released to the carrier.  Ordered truck 11/07/18 and TPW was 12/31/18.   2019 Northsky Blue LTZ Z71 with 6.2.

• Thanks 1

10/29/18 - Ordered the all new T1 2019 Silverado High Country, Crew Cab Short Box, 6.2L with 10 speed trans., Tech Package, Northsky Blue, Premium package and retractable running boards - 1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED
12/17/18 - TPW (Target Production Week)
12/18/18 - truck is at event code 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
12/22/18 - 1/1/19 - There was a shutdown at the plant for the holidays 
1/2/19 - My truck was produced -  3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
1/4/18 - My dealer told me it was at a shipping facility - 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY
I am in Illinois and Fort Wayne is 235 miles from me.
I will post a full beginning to end report when I take delivery of my truck.
Thanks for the update. I hope mine is built there to. I'm in Illinois aswell only 213 mile. We could be getting them from the same dealer. Lol I'm NW of Chicago.

Hope you get it soon!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, gothp28 said:

Thanks for the update. I hope mine is built there to. I'm in Illinois aswell only 213 mile. We could be getting them from the same dealer. Lol I'm NW of Chicago.

Hope you get it soon!

I am SW of Chicago on I80. Mine is still sitting in a staging yard in Fort Wayne as of yesterday 1/10/19

I am going to order mine Monday, January 14 and hope it won't arrive until April due to the terrible snowfall we experience along with sand and road salt. I know I will have to deal with it eventually but I pefer to have new in the spring.

I hope mine won't be made in any of the plants that are being shut down.  I have to wonder if disgruntled employees will sabotage the vehicles in protest to losing their jobs. 

My crew cab was just built at Fort Worth plant in Indiana.   I know Mexico is also supposed to build them.   I don’t know where the other cab configurations are being built, but I don’t think it is in any closed plant.

What are you going to order?

Edited by Smoothie
Typing errors

On 1/10/2019 at 7:18 PM, gothp28 said:

Hope you get it soon!

I ordered my LTZ, Crew Cab, 2WD 5.3L, with Premium and technology packages, including retractable side steps. 

- Ordered to the dealer on 10/31/2018

-TPW 12/10/2018

- Produced 12/21/2018 at Fort Wayne

- I paid and signed the contract 1/2/2019

- As of today 1/12/2019 STILL IN TRANSIT!!! 

- Hope to drive it in the week of 1/21/2019 (a month after production)! ?

I'm in Southern California. When I was signing the contract on 1/2/2019, the dealer called GM through their own chanel. GM told them that the car needed to be re-inspected! 

By the way, my truck's color is summit white. 

Edited by AMPRG

8 hours ago, AMPRG said:

I ordered my LTZ, Crew Cab, 2WD 5.3L, with Premium and technology packages, including retractable side steps. 

- Ordered to the dealer on 10/31/2018

-TPW 12/10/2018

- Produced 12/21/2018 at Fort Wayne

- I paid and signed the contract 1/2/2019

- As of today 1/12/2019 STILL IN TRANSIT!!! 

- Hope to drive it in the week of 1/21/2019 (a month after production)! ?

I'm in Southern California. When I was signing the contract on 1/2/2019, the dealer called GM through their own chanel. GM told them that the car needed to be re-inspected! 

By the way, my truck's color is summit white. 

What am I missing here, why would you pay and sign for something that you don’t have? So many different scenarios could happen that I couldn’t pay for something that expensive that I can see and touch first.

14 hours ago, Smoothie said:

My crew cab was just built at Fort Worth plant in Indiana.   I know Mexico is also supposed to build them.   I don’t know where the other cab configurations are being built, but I don’t think it is in any closed plant.

What are you going to order?

2019 LT Trail Boss

22 minutes ago, gothp28 said:

I'm going to guess there is a $1500 coupon he would lose after the 2nd. That's that was the last day to redeem. I would have done the same thing

Ok, that would make sense then, if it was to save money I’d probably have done the same.

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

What am I missing here, why would you pay and sign for something that you don’t have? So many different scenarios could happen that I couldn’t pay for something that expensive that I can see and touch first.

I know the dealer for more than 15 years. I buy all my trucks and cars from them. There were also some incentives that would be gone after 1/2/19. I agree with you. They are some risks. But since nothing has been delivered, it shouldn't be major issues. I hope ?