Dealership sold me hail damaged truck

elamigowapo

Bought a 2017 Chervrolet Silverado crew cab 4wd Lt from Gateway Chevrolet in Avondale, Arizona. It only had 2800 miles when I bought it, certified preowned. This was back in November 2017, few months ago I realized the truck had about a dozen dime sized dents throughout the roof, very slight dents but definitely there. It infuriates me how they didn't disclose this to me, I bought the truck for an unreasonably expensive price considering it had dents on the roof. It angers me because The truck cost me 38,000 dollars and they didn't disclose dents on the roof, body damage!!! it will cost me nearly a thousand dollars to repair. I called Chevrolet and of course there is nothing they will do about it. I called the dealership and I haven't even been able to get through to a person in charge, they keep on giving me the run around. I am so pissed, I can't believe Chevrolet did this to me, I feel lied to I decided to buy Chevrolet because of the reputation it has but am now wishing I would have bought a ford instead.

Caveat emptor. Although repairing dents where they are likely to be noticed (hood) and not fixing dents where they are likely not to be noticed (roof) would be a slimeball move. 

Edited by duquephart

Point one an obvious one, once you leave the lot the dents are yours. Point two, who’s to say you didn’t get a hail storm after you bought it? I’ve seen hail storms do strange things. I ran through a hail storm the only dents I could find were on the roof. No dealer fault here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd be more upset with the dealer if you purchased a new truck.  They may have not known about the damage on the roof of this used truck.  What was the reason they gave for the low mileage?

Are you sure the hail damage didn't occur after the purchase?  Sounds odd you wouldn't notice this when purchasing a previously used vehicle.  I would have definitely given the body a good inspection.  If I didn't notice any damage prior to purchase I would blame myself not the dealer.

5 minutes ago, Styles_888 said:

Are you sure the hail damage didn't occur after the purchase?  Sounds odd you wouldn't notice this when purchasing a previously used vehicle.  I would have definitely given the body a good inspection.  If I didn't notice any damage prior to purchase I would blame myself not the dealer.

Agree.

Then again if the dealer did know as he claims that's wrong.

:)

48 minutes ago, Styles_888 said:

I agree. Not noticed until months after purchase? Who knows how this happened. This may well have happened AFTER purchase. There's no way you can prove it either way. I would not expect Chevrolet corporate to do anything about it. Move on and get it repaired, or go get that Ford you wish you bought.

My buddy had some acorn damage on his roof and hood. A paint less dent removal place fixed it for about $600. You'd never know it happened.

Edited by Loco-diablo

6 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

I agree. Not noticed until months after purchase? Who knows how this happened. This may well have happened AFTER purchase. There's no way you can prove it either way. I would not expect Chevrolet corporate to do anything about it. Move on and get it repaired, or go get that Ford you wish you bought.

My buddy had some acorn damage on his roof and hood. A paint less dent removal place fixed it for about $600. You'd never know it happened.

Acorn damage?

Just now, duquephart said:

Acorn damage?

Yup.. He parked his brand new $73k one ton diesel Denali under a big ass New England oak tree for a few days. Large acorns fell from the tree and dented the hood and roof. The hood is aluminum, correct? 

Seems like the title of this topic should be "I bought a hail damaged truck". It was being sold as used truck. You didn't bother to inspect it thoroughly apparently or the damage has occurred after owning it