How low will I go?

Hey what’s up brand new to this forum.... Just decided to buy my ‘16 Sierra Denali after the lease was up so now the fun can begin. Was wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on a 2/4 drop. I don’t wanna get it and then decide it’s not low enough. Only thing to keep in mind is i do live in NYC so we don’t have the nicest roads in the world. And also what brand would be best with keeping the Magneride. Thanks!

Edited by WHT16DENALI

I did a 2/4 drop on my truck and it's not noticeable to the average eye. It's a daily driver work truck that also pulls my racing trailers on the weekends. I stuck with 20in OEM wheels and tires for the ride quality.  Don't get me wrong, I really love the truck but if it wasn't a work truck Id do a 4/6 on 22's

20190124_113144.jpg

Edited by ItsDooomz
  • Like 1

You can buy mcg or bell. The higher end kits have collars so in the front you can go up and down by 1/2". Last I saw the megna ride limits your drop options.  2/4 drive shaft is fine. 

I am 3 front and 5 to 6 rear but I have more suspension then most and 24" 295. 

11 hours ago, ItsDooomz said:

I did a 2/4 drop on my truck and it's not noticeable to the average eye. It's a daily driver work truck that also pulls my racing trailers on the weekends. I stuck with 20in OEM wheels and tires for the ride quality.  Don't get me wrong, I really love the truck but if it wasn't a work truck Id do a 4/6 on 22's

20190124_113144.jpg

Yea mine is also a daily, rarely tow anything and mostly keep my tools in the bed.  If I am towing its light, small trailer with a 2quads or bikes on it.  Maybe ill go with the 3/5 but I am also putting 22's so I have a lot to think about now.  

• 5 months later...

McGaughy’s 3/5 adjustable drop. Didn’t create any driveshaft problems. To my knowledge, you will start to get driveshaft problems at a 7” drop in the rear. At that point you should also at least do an under bed notch as well.

518edbe0f160bbf38367513e538483c5.jpg

c50c16a2a0e2dcaf29a6b683fd63a39d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1