L83 stroker with 4.00" stroked crank

I would expect that the  gen V stuff is different (don't know that you can just drop in a LT crank). and there may not be a readily available crank option that is  not pretty expensive, vs all the other things that can add power. L83 doesn't seem to have the following the older LS or the L86/LT1 do. 

Edited by kennerz

In my option not worth it better to upgrade the block. But I always found it more interesting to destroke the engine take a 6.2 and a smaller crank then add a bullet proof valve train and a turbo. Spin it over 7k rpm. And try to find a trans to hold the power. Easy 1000hp+ and even down low it would shred gears.
Seen a article on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

In my option not worth it better to upgrade the block. But I always found it more interesting to destroke the engine take a 6.2 and a smaller crank then add a bullet proof valve train and a turbo. Spin it over 7k rpm. And try to find a trans to hold the power. Easy 1000hp+ and even down low it would shred gears.
Seen a article on it.

I'd love to get a 6.2 block but where I'm at they're hard to come by. I found a complete 5.3 with a bad lifter for a steal so I'm making plans to build it strong for boost.

Depends on how much power is your goal. But 650-700 is in a few stock block trucks. And 850 is stock block record.
Fuel is the limiting factor. Need lt4 and lt4 hpfp. But heads and cam is where the big increase will come from.

2 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Depends on how much power is your goal. But 650-700 is in a few stock block trucks. And 850 is stock block record.
Fuel is the limiting factor. Need lt4 and lt4 hpfp. But heads and cam is where the big increase will come from.

Thats what I'm lookin for 650 700. 

Thats what I'm lookin for 650 700. 
Honestly on a budget build. I would keep stock lower just add arp fasteners, better bearings, rings(for boost), and possibly coating(cheap insurance). Then katech cnc the stock heads and a good cam. With cam you can add fuel lope if you wish. Lt1 injectors are cheaper then lt4. And the hpfp, the pump is money. Add turbo and there you have it. Easy 700rwhp. You are in the danger on the trans. Get good tune, t stat delete and 40k trans cooler and enjoy.
I recommend a better stall as well performance single but ideally multi disc. Tighten up your slip.
Also a drive shaft depending on how you use the truck.
Of a and DOD full delete.
Not needed but great upgrade is trion bearing rockers. With the higher lift and bigger spring it is nice.

9 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Honestly on a budget build. I would keep stock lower just add arp fasteners, better bearings, rings(for boost), and possibly coating(cheap insurance). Then katech cnc the stock heads and a good cam. With cam you can add fuel lope if you wish. Lt1 injectors are cheaper then lt4. And the hpfp, the pump is money. Add turbo and there you have it. Easy 700rwhp. You are in the danger on the trans. Get good tune, t stat delete and 40k trans cooler and enjoy.
I recommend a better stall as well performance single but ideally multi disc. Tighten up your slip.
Also a drive shaft depending on how you use the truck.
Of a and DOD full delete.
Not needed but great upgrade is trion bearing rockers. With the higher lift and bigger spring it is nice.

I'm planning on going with a built bottom end and tsp cam. Along with sending my heads out to be ported.

I'd love to go turbo but blowers are a lot easier install. still debating on whether to go magnuson or procharger

Superchargers make less power and have a loss of power as the engine needs to use.morw power to turn the belt. Also MUCH more geat soak. Turbos are easy they just bolt up and you even have boost controllers. Superchargers are linear based on pulley size and speed. Better gas.mile on turbo. And turbo is cheaper as the kit includes the exhaust.
Harder to get 700rwhp on a SC setup. You need bigger supercharger and seriously good flowing heads. On stock displacement 600to 650 is a max effort build. Record I have seen is little under 750 but that is also meth and e85.
Same guy swapped to turbo and went to 850.
But if that is what you want then I would go forged rods and piston. Still don't have to do crank at that power.

5 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Superchargers make less power and have a loss of power as the engine needs to use.morw power to turn the belt. Also MUCH more geat soak. Turbos are easy they just bolt up and you even have boost controllers. Superchargers are linear based on pulley size and speed. Better gas.mile on turbo. And turbo is cheaper as the kit includes the exhaust.
Harder to get 700rwhp on a SC setup. You need bigger supercharger and seriously good flowing heads. On stock displacement 600to 650 is a max effort build. Record I have seen is little under 750 but that is also meth and e85.
Same guy swapped to turbo and went to 850.
But if that is what you want then I would go forged rods and piston. Still don't have to do crank at that power.

Biggest reason I thought about going blower was the price of turbo kits seem to be waaay higher than a blower lol. And I already have headers. 

The whipple is $6000+ the turbo kits are mid 3k to 5k. The turbo being the most expensive but still 800-1500 gets you some of the best turbos on the market not pro mod or cea class turbo but at 700hp you don't need that.
I have had
Small block na 800hp
Small block procharger
Small block nitrous
Ls twin turbo nitrous
Lsx turbo
Lt turbo
By far enjoy the turbo. It is where all racing is going. And on a street engine it is like factory.
Also very quite.
Look around and find a deal or build a system.

• Like 1