12 hours ago, superhighsierra said:

Had a car seat in mine plenty of times. Seems pretty easy to buy a different type of seat. 

The simple truth is, if you are driving a CCSB you would be infinitely better off with a full size SUV and you are a poser only driving a truck for the "status." But again, I digress. 

I bought like 3 different ones, none of 'em allowed a safe seating position for the front seat passenger..

I'd prefer a Tahoe but, can't afford one.. Got the RST Z71 CCSB for $40k brand spankin' new, don't think I could have touched a 2 year old certified Tahoe or Suburban for that much... Also good luck hauling firewood, mulch or other items like that in a Tahoe so, now you gotta buy an open trailer to go with the SUV... I'm surely not a poser, weekend warrior sure.. I'm also not going to park my truck outside so I can have a foot more of bed space... The only status I concern myself with is my standing with my god & my family, sure as ****** DGAF about what people think of the vehicle I am driving..

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 9:28 PM, James Euler said:

I jumped in last month and placed an order for a 21 Double Cab, motivated to move now because it seemed the choices for Double Cab trims and options were getting fewer every day.

I picked an SLE, the only other available trim besides the Elevation if I wanted a Double Cab, and loaded it up, including Multipro Tailgate and spray-in bed liner.

Dealer called me yesterday and told me order was "not accepted" by GM. Seems they've got too many trucks to build, and not enough parts and supplier support. So they are *not* offering the Multipro or the spray-in bed liner on Double Cabs. They are saving those options for the Crew Cab upper trim levels.

I realize the bed liner is no big deal - i can get that added from a dozen different sources. The Multipro, I'm just out of luck. But what I am really surprised at is that the Double Cab is so apparently unpopular.

So who loves the Double Cab? To my eye, it is easily the best looking config - all the proportions are spot on. And you can get a full-size bed! And what I really like is that it is an individual setup, kinda like a two-door sports car: you get a Double Cab when it's a truck just for you and your gear (and sometimes your plus one). And isn't that really what the pickup truck is all about? The iconic lone cowboy? A man and his truck (and maybe a dog)? I've always thought that, but that is apparently the minority opinion.

Enlighten me.

Here's mine.  We love it.

New Truck.jpg

• Like 1

Extended cabs are cool. 

My son's 2000 Silverado is an extended cab.

Once my kids were big enough, an extended cab didn't work in my world.

And since I could also buy a CC with a standard bed...that was the deciding factor right there.

Talk about rare...hard to find everything you want in a CC std bed on the lot.

I too am a double cab guy. It's just me and my wife now. My last 2 trucks a 2008 and 2017 were both mid night editions double and this time we want something different. We went with a LTZ this time and good thing because 2020 is the last year you can order the LTZ trim in a double cab. My double cab fits my garage better, it has the big box, I'm not always the one that has to drive. I'm sure they make both the double and crew because they have a market for both. I have had mine since March and have 11400 miles on it and other than 2 recalls it's been a great truck.tnw1.PNG.6e88f956501f1daf96ccd2f40a68f466.PNG

Just last week was another time I was thankful for a 6.5ft bed.  I picked up a king size bed frame / headboard, and it fit perfectly with the tailgate up, not an extra inch to spare. 

There have been many times I've been happy I had the 6.5ft bed on my truck.  I've had a full bed many more times than I have had 4-6 people in the cab, so the double cab is serving me very well for my current stage of life. 

Sticking to the shorter wheelbase was nice, since I was living in a city when I bought the truck.  I was also on a tight budget, so the double cab worked well there too.

I purchased a new 2018 DC last year.  Here i am, a year and half later and I have 40k miles on it.  over 20k from the past few months of road trips due to the covid opportunity.  I took that thing across the US.  It was just me and my wife.  

My requirements for a truck was that i needed it to BE A TRUCK FIRST.  I hunt and fish.  I needed a full size bed.  I am not a mall crawler.  I don't want a show truck, although my trucks looks very good.  I do not have kids.  Just a wife and dogs.  The bench seating up front is very nice.  My truck came with leather, power seats (driver), spray in bed liner, z71, and other options.  I added a full husky floor liner.  I use my truck like a truck.  I see so many people who do not have a big family or kids are grown with crew cab trucks.  It cool for them, i just don't get it.  I would rather have more for me to use than the rare option for others.  I mainly ride with my rear seats up.  Times where I have ahad adults or kids in the back, it got the job done.  That seat is strainght up and down.  It is not good for a long trip, but i can get 6 in if i needed to.

Anywho, my truck selection is like the way i vote... I think of ME first.  What I NEED and how I will USE it.  I am not trying to be a bad host or do not want people comfortable, but it is rare that people are with me in the first place.  I can see GM and others moving away from it as trucks are the new family sedan.  Most people are happy with short boxes because they hardly use the truck bed.  Most people what a truck, but dont want to look like they truck is used for anything type of work.  Same with with the mall crawlers with all the off road look, but it stays on the pavement.  Even more like women who wear fake rain boots for fashion, lol!  I am more utilitarian than fashion.   But we all have choice.  Do what works for you.

I loved the room in a crew cab, but i had to remember... I am the driver.  All I could see is sleeping back there with my dog on fishing trips.  Its already tough buying a truck because people will want you to move things... But for it to be the choice ride for trips... NOPE!

DC always worked for me.....i have CC now in 2500 but only because i couldnt find a DC at the time. my RST was DC.....yeah only transporting my pooch (which passed in august)

for me it was full size bed as well (construction business)....had to have it and hard to find in 1500s in CC.....in 2500 i get 3 more inches in bed regardless of cab.....3 inches doesnt sound like much but i can tell the difference for sure

i also realize everyones needs are different....

manufacturers care about sales and thats all......just not enough peeps buying them

i remember when you actually had to order a short box......it was not standard and very few around

Edited by Dunn

Lease on my 2017 Double Cab Sierra SLE was up in September. Was going to order a 2021 Double Cab Sierra SLT to replace it. Found out they don't make SLT's in the double Cab configuration anymore. Quickly went out and found a 2020 SLT up in Wisconsin, 6 hours away (I am in Chicago) Then there were only 7 SLT double cabs available at the time in the country: 1 Nevada, 1 Iowa, 1 Wisconsin, 1 Minnesota, 2 Michigan, 1 Maryland. It looked like dealerships did not stock these unless someone wanted/ordered one.  Couldn't find a AT4 either. Lots of Elevations/SLE's. Glad I found it. Going to have to keep it for awhile.  Just like many have commented. Prefer the larger bed. (Hate stuff hanging off the tailgate). 90% of time I am the only one driving it. Rarely did I have anyone sit in the rear seats on my other truck (also easier to grab items off the seat when if front). 

20201107_102003.jpg

Nice find on that SLT DC. I was a little slow on the uptake, so I’m “settling” for a 2021 SLE DC w/ the 3.0l. It’s very close to everything I wanted, so I’m happy. And planning to keep it awhile.

Also really nice to hear so many folks still see the attraction in the DC.

I picked up my 2020 on November 2nd so far I really like it. Have more miles on snowy dirt roads than pavement at this point. I really like my double cab I do not need the full four door cab I am single with no kids its just me and my dog. I am a old school truck guy but decided to buy a new one and I am glad I did. I came from a 1981 Chevrolet K10 Scottsdale that I drove for 12 years so the difference is crazy.

8ZZLlyEh.jpg

H6GkVl2h.jpg

Edited by Genesis

On 10/30/2020 at 6:31 AM, lt1z said:

I love my DC AT4. Prob wouldn’t have found one on a lot though. I ordered it optioned with what I wanted.

Yup. DC AT4.  Love mine. The unicorns. Not very many out there, most I see are CC.

Double cab all day!

I need a full size bed, and these new double cabs are big enough to carry a 6' guy. Not comfortable for a long trip, but no problem going to lunch/driving around town.

The Chevy/GM double cab is what made me switch from my F150. I wanted the full bed, wanted the double cab, and will never own a truck with "suicide doors" ever again.

IMG_20200223_143846.thumb.jpg.4944ea7124996fa1145e0eff824c4283.jpg