I'm probably going to sell my truck and drive a beater until further notice. Can't justify being unhappy for this much money every month.

Go find a decent priced GMT-800 or even the 95-99 Silverado/Sierra Z71s!

Guys trading their trucks for econoboxes is all well and good but what's a guy that needs a truck to do. Chevy shakes, Ford goes "ecoboom", Tundras are ugly, plastic-ey and ride like sh!t, and Dodge is junk all the way around.

• Like 1

Guys trading their trucks for econoboxes is all well and good but what's a guy that needs a truck to do. Chevy shakes, Ford goes "ecoboom", Tundras are ugly, plastic-ey and ride like sh!t, and Dodge is junk all the way around.

Trading away a headache. I have a 8 yr old Altima that the dealership treats like new. I tell them it's not doing A, and they come back with BCD if applicable. And that's with an extended warranty not purchased from them.

The issue is with trucks that are 3 years old or less. Most under warranty from GM.

I would want happy-ish repeat customers. Even if I miss on the product from time to time, at least they'd know I wanted their business due to a good service experience.

At 29k I put some Mickey Thompson deegan all -terrains on 265/65/18 p-metric.. Drove home on many types of highway surfaces and got the shake at 70. It's the same as before just magnified . I really understand now that I have a shakarado!

Only les Schwab in town seems to be able to tame the shake somewhat with balancing. My old sr-a's i spent 50$ a pop to balance, at least 3

Visits.

. I noticed one thing, 4wheelpRts used clip on weights when les Schwab uses sticky weights. One better than other?

These tires have some back bone to compared to sr-A's, no more quivering like a dog at low speeds on rough surfaces. I am relieved about that. But at High speed no good!

I'm going to see if les schwab can help!

The only reason I went to les schwab is that Ken flower gmc says they don't balance tires! How can you be an automotive dealer and not balance a tire?

I learned you can't just rotate my tires with out a balance or the truck drives like IT!

Well, you can still get a 5.0 non turbo V8 on a Ford F150 and F250s and up come with the 6.2 liter non turbo V8 standard. And why are Dodge Ram trucks junk? What about the new Nissan Titan?

It's not for the consumer to figure out. Going on 3 years solid and not much hope in sight. Trade out when it makes sense financially.

I really do not know when it makes sense to trade a vehicle anymore. It seems that no matter what you trade in, no matter how good it looks, dealers nowadays will try to steal your trade, even if they sell you a new vehicle at an attractive price. I am old enough to remember that if you traded a car or truck in 1980s and early 1990's dealers were content to make a $ 1000 profit on your trade and they assessed it accordingly. Today they expect to make a $ 4000 to $ 5000 profit (or simply put as much as they can) on your trade and they low ball you insolently on everything you try to trade in. It has gotten so bad that even Kelly Blue book seems to be rigged to maximize dealer profits. Just look at the difference between dealer retail and trade in value! And the same goes for motorcycles and other vehicles. i was absolutely stunned how little several dealerships offered me for a showroom condition 2009 Kawasaki Concours with 6500 miles!

It seems that if you have a vehicle that you like driving and it does not cause you much grief, hold on to it until it is worth no more than couple thousand dollars or so and then donate it to charity.

Edited by pm26
  • Like 1

Well, I'm out.

Traded the GMC in on a new truck and I am very happy about it.

Good luck guys - I really, really, really hope we do end up finding a solution...

Well??? What did you get?

I traded out almost 2 years ago and couldn't be happier...but I keep coming back here checking on this thread in hopes that you guys can find a solution. I know how infuriating and frustrating it can be.

Wish I had seen this thread while researching my recent purchase.

Bought a 2015 GMC Sierra single cab 2WD 6.5' bed with the 4.3L and 3.23 rear end. Didn't notice the vibration driving around at 45 - 50 MPH test driving. After getting on the highway I noticed the vibration in the rear of the truck. At first I thought maybe it was just the short wheelbase being rough on rough roads. Tried different roads with the same results. It's at it's worst around 75-80 MPH. I did notice that the vibration improves when turning even just slightly. The truck is still under warranty with 23,000 miles and I'm in a loaner with the dealer promising to fix the vehicle.

After skimming through this post I did not see that GM ever had a fix or did I miss something?

Edited by lylknutsak

I really do not know when it makes sense to trade a vehicle anymore. It seems that no matter what you trade in, no matter how good it looks, dealers nowadays will try to steal your trade, even if they sell you a new vehicle at an attractive price. I am old enough to remember that if you traded a car or truck in 1980s and early 1990's dealers were content to make a $ 1000 profit on your trade and they assessed it accordingly. Today they expect to make a $ 4000 to $ 5000 profit (or simply put as much as they can) on your trade and they low ball you insolently on everything you try to trade in. It has gotten so bad that even Kelly Blue book seems to be rigged to maximize dealer profits. Just look at the difference between dealer retail and trade in value! And the same goes for motorcycles and other vehicles. i was absolutely stunned how little several dealerships offered me for a showroom condition 2009 Kawasaki Concours with 6500 miles!

It seems that if you have a vehicle that you like driving and it does not cause you much grief, hold on to it until it is worth no more than couple thousand dollars or so and then donate it to charity.

Well, presumably you approached the dealer about buying a truck and not the other way around. About doing a trade-in, same logic. No one forces you to do a trade-in. You could sell your truck yourself. I think it's useful to keep in mind that buying and selling vehicles is where the art of horse trading now resides. Personally, I enjoy the horse trading aspect of buying and selling. There's a couple of things to be mindful of to make it fun. First, do your homework and know what your current vehicle is worth; that would be wholesale not retail. Also, keep in mind that the dealer is not in love with your old beater like you are. Second, know what the dealers bottom line most likely is. Keep in mind that he has to make a profit too. So, don't try to beat him to a pulp. Third and last, there's lots of car dealerships so don't fall in love with the vehicle you're considering and don't be afraid to walk away if you don't believe you're getting a fair shake. If your offer is close to what he can accept its likely he catch you before you get to the door and accept your offer .

Personally, I'm beginning to favor the idea of buying an old truck and refurbishing it. I'm thinking a pre 1970 model would be smart as that's about when manufacturers started to convert to solid-state ignition technology. If I go this route I'll at least have a driver that will survive an EMP blast should Little Kim decide to do something really stupid ...

• Like 1

Blue book now is not the blue book it was years ago. It used to be a good guide, but now it is heavily influenced by manufacturers. Same for consumer reports as well; not nearly as trustworthy as they were in the past.

As discussed in a previous post. I went to my local 4WP and they told me about an issue they came across. Apparently on the 2WD trucks, the Automatic Transmission Extension Housings is damaged or not properly installed from the factory. The seal leaks (transmission fluid) and/or wears out prematurely and this causes .... wait for it ... our dreaded shake with the 2WD trucks. Definitely something fishy with the transmission and drive shaft. This has worked so far on a GMC and Chevy. The part number is ACDELCO 24224676. $75 for the part plus labor. Did it fix my shake? About 80% there. I can now get up to 90 MPH without the console throwing itself violently. Unfortunately the shudder between 30 and 55 MPH persists. I still have wheel hop, so that is probably attributed to the crap axles and the trash leaf springs. Good luck YMMV.

Edited by Severado
  • Like 2

I gave up on troubleshooting my truck. My vibration has never been as bad as I've seen some post in here. I'm done throwing parts at it and just going to live with it. I hope the 2019s or new body style will be fixed.

As discussed in a previous post. I went to my local 4WP and they told me about an issue they came across. Apparently on the 2WD trucks, the Automatic Transmission Extension Housings is damaged or not properly installed from the factory. The seal leaks (transmission fluid) and/or wears out prematurely and this causes .... wait for it ... our dreaded shake with the 2WD trucks. Definitely something fishy with the transmission and drive shaft. This has worked so far on a GMC and Chevy. The part number is ACDELCO 24224676. $75 for the part plus labor. Did it fix my shake? About 80% there. I can now get up to 90 MPH without the console throwing itself violently. Unfortunately the shudder between 30 and 55 MPH persists. I still have wheel hop, so that is probably attributed to the crap axles and the trash leaf springs. Good luck YMMV.

what about 4wd ? same problem ?

the problem with this vibration is an expensive fix to recall and apparently not life threatening or causing damage beyond uncomfortable ride

it may be expansive due to time or labor or parts no one can tell but GM .