Are you having an actual issue or just using hearsay? There is such a small percentage of the trucks that actually have it, it is just multiplied on the forums but even here is in an extremely small sample size. No matter the brand you go to there are issues exaggerated beyond reality that aren't much of an issue. Not buying because or a potential issue that most likely won't happen is preposterous. If there is the case you should just walk as everything has something. Toyota bed bounce, Ford limp modes and lord only knows the number of Dodge issues.

"I was ready to buy my new Silverado this Friday until I did some research on it, seems like a few issues going on with the fuel management,oil consumption and transmission, not to mention the "chevy shake" thing. Do all of them do this? I'm not sure I want to gamble with my 50k. "

Another of your worried posts. Fuel management isn't an issue, it was on the first gen in the early to mid 2000's, little to any issue these days outside of a rogue problem. This also applies to the oil consumption issue. Transmission is just some slower shifting and occasional clunk, not a problem, some people make a mountain out of a mole hill for no reason and are the types that are never satisfied and constantly complain. The torque converter issue (which I am sure you are probably hinting at) is even less of an issue than the shake. Stop reading in to stuff on the forums so much, go take a look at the laundry list of Ford Issues or any other manufacturer, then go buy a bus pass...

Tyler

Maybe you should read the other major problems these trucks are having. As for Ford, Ive worked for the big 3 and Im apart of all 3 major forums for Ford RAM and all GM forums. Dont compare Ford to these they are better in every regard from features to issues.

• Like 1

Are you having an actual issue or just using hearsay? There is such a small percentage of the trucks that actually have it, it is just multiplied on the forums but even here is in an extremely small sample size. No matter the brand you go to there are issues exaggerated beyond reality that aren't much of an issue. Not buying because or a potential issue that most likely won't happen is preposterous. If there is the case you should just walk as everything has something. Toyota bed bounce, Ford limp modes and lord only knows the number of Dodge issues.

"I was ready to buy my new Silverado this Friday until I did some research on it, seems like a few issues going on with the fuel management,oil consumption and transmission, not to mention the "chevy shake" thing. Do all of them do this? I'm not sure I want to gamble with my 50k. "

Another of your worried posts. Fuel management isn't an issue, it was on the first gen in the early to mid 2000's, little to any issue these days outside of a rogue problem. This also applies to the oil consumption issue. Transmission is just some slower shifting and occasional clunk, not a problem, some people make a mountain out of a mole hill for no reason and are the types that are never satisfied and constantly complain. The torque converter issue (which I am sure you are probably hinting at) is even less of an issue than the shake. Stop reading in to stuff on the forums so much, go take a look at the laundry list of Ford Issues or any other manufacturer, then go buy a bus pass...

Tyler

The vibration issue is real, and serious. That's why there are 765 pages in this thread. Reading the forums is EXACTLY what every prospective buyer should do - I sure wish I had before I bought my 2nd shaking truck.

My truck is currently at the dealer for the 4th attempt to fix this. Different dealer who feels that the problem is primarily with the 22" Bridgestone tires. Waiting to hear what they think I should do.

Edited by mikelevitt

Spending your time and money to fix a brand new 50,000 dollar truck, getting bullied and ignored by dealerships, having to hire an attorney for lemon law purposes just to get resolution or a buyback, and when none of that pans out having to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars out of pocket to fix a new truck with less than 10000 miles all with no guarantee is making a mountain out of a molehill??? I am really glad you cleared that up for me. Thanks for the reality check.

• Like 3

Its been a long time since I commented on this topic (2 1/2 years actually) but I've been keeping tabs on it regularly. Luckily I was able to dump my 2014 in April 2015 for a new Ram. I owned two of these trucks and both were vibrators. One of our company trucks is a 2015 and its a vibrator. Hell I've rode in quite a few of these trucks and they all had vibration issues. Anybody that says that this is a small problem that only affects a few of these trucks is crazy. Anytime I run across someone talking about buying one of these trucks I always do my best to talk them out of it. The size of this thread has probably doubled since my last comment on here which is totally ridiculous. I owned several of the NBS and NNBS trucks and granted they weren't perfect but at least the problems were minor and easily fixed. Good luck

Thanks for your input amxguy, Thats what I was looking into, just how common these issues were. I understand that you can find issues with every make and model. Ive done enough of that. Instead of a buss pass, I decided to go with a 17 Silverado High Desert package. I absolutely love the truck. The sales man let me drive it on the highway up to 85mph and it ran great...no shake at all, super smooth and quiet. probably the best riding truck Ive ever had. Only thing I noticed is that it seems to shift into first gear too early when coming to a stop, The service mgr explained that it should be smoother after it "learns" something about an adaptive process. I was hesitant to let go of my 03 f250 as it was a great truck but I think I made the right call.

• Like 2

Let us know if that vibration starts after they rotate tires the first time. As for the shifting or lack there of he's right but you will be the one adapting to it not the truck. I wish you the best of luck with your new purchase.

That was what I was thinking evl. Get used to it. Dont get me wrong I can tell its trying to optimize mileage. Very obvious to me. Weather it affects the driveability or comfort I will post. I have no axe to grind or any ill will. Just want provide data based on my experience. So far, I have no serious complaints. Thanks for your comment.

From what I've read, 2018 will be the last model year for the K2 platform. So, one way to possibly get some clues to the root causes of The Shake will be to compare the K2 platform to the 2019 platform and see what the changes are. That's about the only possible chance of solving this problem that I can see.

• Like 3

From what I've read, 2018 will be the last model year for the K2 platform. So, one way to possibly get some clues to the root causes of The Shake will be to compare the K2 platform to the 2019 platform and see what the changes are. That's about the only possible chance of solving this problem that I can see.

i wouldn't be surprised to see a revised body mount that just happens to fit right into the K2 body mount perches without modification. Not an official fix the they would promote, but a word of mouth kind of thing that spread across the forums that people could buy a set of body mounts for the new trucks that smooth things out on the K2XX. GM then never has to admit to any design issue.

Edited by abominable z71

I have the Chevy shake in my truck. Looked through the forums and saw the parts most people have changed. Looked into a new drive shaft. When I looked up my vin number it gives me a 2wd part number but my truck is a 4x4. Called the dealership to have them look it up, same result. He was speaking to me like I didn't know if drive a 4x4 or not.

Being that my truck is 4x4 is it a problem if it has a 2wd driveshaft in it?

2wd driveshaft - 23418973

4x4 driveshaft - 23418972

Yes, the chassis on the next gen will be quite different, but still sporting the wax frame coating that everybody loves!

sierra-diesel15.jpg