Introducing the 2015 Chevrolet Suburban/Tahoe & GMC Yukon

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a lot of likes on the interior. It does have some nice things, but there is one major negative in my opinion. The center console is large, which is fine, but it only has two tiny little cubby holes with covers blocking them. That stinks! I'd rather than the awesome center console from the truck in these. GM did this same thing with the past versions in the LTZ format. Looked to much like the Cadillac setup, and I think if I wanted a Cadillac I'd get one, and the Chevy versions shouldn't be Cadillacs...

I think I prefer the GMC over the Tahoe this go-round. Both Interiors look great. I can't afford either one so its not a huge deal. Best I can hope for is a 2009-2010 GMC Sierra. They both have come a long way since the 1975 Suburban Silverado I spent my childhood in travelling the eastern Us camping in. 454 big block, 3rd seat and rear a/c with vinyl interior was all we needed. That was fancy! How times have changed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I think I prefer the GMC over the Tahoe this go-round. Both Interiors look great. I can't afford either one so its not a huge deal. Best I can hope for is a 2009-2010 GMC Sierra. They both have come a long way since the 1975 Suburban Silverado I spent my childhood in travelling the eastern Us camping in. 454 big block, 3rd seat and rear a/c with vinyl interior was all we needed. That was fancy! How times have changed Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

You had rear AC??? Lucky lucky man. The 1979 Suburban Silverado I grew up in had no 3rd row or rear AC. It did have that thirsty 454.

Yeah took my dad about 6 months to find it. It was a demo model...they bought it from Abraham Chevrolet in Tampa. My brother got the rear seat and I got the middle. We would flip down the little 10% seat from the 90/10 to give him the access to the rear seat and I had the rest. Lots of good miles in the 'Burb...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Hate to break it to you, but that is what most people by them for. Hence the term Soccer Mom SUV. Although its mistky gone back to minivans with gas prices a few years ago. But even here in OK, I live in a mostly rural town, practically every SUV is loaded with kids. People usually buy trucks for camping amd towing.

Break back, Well less than 50% do have kids at home and we tow!!. From Edmunds review:

Are you in the full-size SUV demographic? A typical Chevy Tahoe buyer comes from a dual-income household, is 45-48 years old and about half of current owners tow.

Surprisingly, for many, the Tahoe is a commuter vehicle and only 35 percent have children in the house. For the Suburban, the children-at-home ratio rises to 55 percent.

Just nice to have 8FT of covered hauling back. It is great for camping too. One sleeps good back there. Good for bumper pull trailering as it helps as a wind break and creates somewhat of a drafting effect. A lot of folks buy trucks as they are about $10,000 less when equipped the same. A lot of cash there...

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/gm-reveals-all-new-2015-chevrolet-gmc-full-size-suvs.html

GM mistakes:

1) The New Full Size SUVs not based on a pickup truck frame anymore.

2) The Appearance isn't based on a pickup truck style.

3) The Denali Trim should have 4WD not AWD like what they did in the New Sierra Denali.

4) They should give an optional 6.2 for both High Country and Denali trims (some ppl like the luxurious but don't need the power.

In my opinion it is the first time GM seperates the SUVs from Pickups. All what we got in previous generations is a pickup in SUV form, and thats why customers liked it.

Now it is more crossover-ish style. At least I hope it's possible to swap front clips between the SUVs and pickups.

GM mistakes:

1) The New Full Size SUVs not based on a pickup truck frame anymore.

2) The Appearance isn't based on a pickup truck style.

3) The Denali Trim should have 4WD not AWD like what they did in the New Sierra Denali.

4) They should give an optional 6.2 for both High Country and Denali trims (some ppl like the luxurious but don't need the power.

In my opinion it is the first time GM seperates the SUVs from Pickups. All what we got in previous generations is a pickup in SUV form, and thats why customers liked it.

Now it is more crossover-ish style. At least I hope it's possible to swap front clips between the SUVs and pickups.

I think #1 is wrong. I think its still body on frame

I think #1 is wrong. I think its still body on frame

I hope so since there look isn't related to a truck in any possible way

It's still loosely based on the truck chassis. The rear has been coils on half ton SUVs since the 800-series trucks, its just vastly different sheet metal and a new interior.

It's still loosely based on the truck chassis. The rear has been coils on half ton SUVs since the 800-series trucks, its just vastly different sheet metal and a new interior.

Yes I think it's based on a truck frame. I discovered something awesome! The new Yukon Denali will be available with 4WD!!! This is really awesome. Liked it a lot!! Hopefully new Escalade has 4WD too.

You can see the transfer case switch on the left of the steering wheel.

So now I made 2 mistakes. Which is 6.2l is not provided with 4WD (False) and the new SUVs is not based on a truck frame (False).

Also I think if GM made the new half ton capable of towing around 9,600lbs then they will have a good reason not producing three quarter tons SUVs. Anyone agrees?

post-121615-0-69803900-1379540915_thumb.jpg

Archived