Chevy overviews 2016 Silverado updates- Photo

Gorehamj

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor is 8 speed available on 5.3 max tow. 4.3 an 5.3 get 6 speed standard.

I hope your right about a 6spd standard I really would like another stick shift. If they stuck in a 6spd manual I would still hesitate just for the fact I'm not a fan of the 5.3 but I could live with the front end as long as I could find away to disconnect them cheap looking highschool kid /Canadian Tire L.E.D lights.

I hope your right about a 6spd standard I really would like another stick shift. If they stuck in a 6spd manual I would still hesitate just for the fact I'm not a fan of the 5.3 but I could live with the front end as long as I could find away to disconnect them cheap looking highschool kid /Canadian Tire L.E.D lights.

He meant standard equipment, not manual transmission.

He meant standard equipment, not manual transmission.

Was just gonna post that. M6 would be sweet though.

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

http://www.chevrolet.com/2016-silverado.html

The 2016 Silverado also offers new available advanced features including:

• Remote locking tailgate
  • Chevrolet MyLink infotainment 2.5 offering support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
  • Wireless charging for compatible smartphones
  • Lane Keep Assist
  • High beam assist
  • Articulating power running boards

The new 2016 Silverado will be rolling into dealerships this Fall.

I actually like it. I thought the 14-15 model looked too much like the 90's front end. This resembles it, but looks fresh. Curious to see it in person. If this front end had been available when I bought my GMC, I would have given the Chevy a closer look.

Do not like. They've lost the "Fist in the wind" look. Interesting it seems that GMC gained that look in '16. Plus I prefer 4 headlights, not just two.

I also wonder why you couldn't just update the software in the '14 and '15 to add the Carplay stuff? The software is supposed to be open source anyway (which it would have to be to get the Carplay/Android Auto features...)

On second thought I think I like it besides the headlights. Those are the only part of the design that is turning me off to it.

This coming from a guy who happens to own one of the ugliest body styles & grilles in Chevrolet truck history??? Sorry, nothing will ever be as bad as the '03-'07 years, those were embarrassing to say the least...

This coming from a guy who happens to own one of the ugliest body styles & grilles in Chevrolet truck history??? Sorry, nothing will ever be as bad as the '03-'07 years, those were embarrassing to say the least...

That would be your opinion, and my opinion is the K2 is one of the uglier Silverado's to date.

I also wonder why you couldn't just update the software in the '14 and '15 to add the Carplay stuff? The software is supposed to be open source anyway (which it would have to be to get the Carplay/Android Auto features...)

What? Open source software? Not a chance. There is nothing open source about anything Apple or GM do.

What? Open source software? Not a chance. There is nothing open source about anything Apple or GM do.

Um, go into your truck, go to Settings on the radio and all the way to the bottom for Software Information. Open source from Bosch Electronics. So, yes GM is using Open Source software. Next time do a little research before you refute something. And we all know Apple to be the least open of any software company. But they still work with Open Source where it benefits them. Car Play is not open, but it is easily usable to any developer. But, that's not my point. My point is I'm sure there is no difference in radio hardware between '14, '15 and '16. So why couldn't you just flash the latest firmware from the '16 to previous year models? I'd like to know if someone has tried that.

Do not like. They've lost the "Fist in the wind" look. Interesting it seems that GMC gained that look in '16. Plus I prefer 4 headlights, not just two.

I agree with the "Fist in the Wind" look. I've always like it.

I also like 4 headlights.

But GM is looking to outsell Ford and Dodge.

Whether we like it or not, this is what buyers want. Single projectors, lots of LED's, smooth front end, lots of meaningless high-tech stuff. It's what buyers want and GM knows it.

• 1 month later...

This is a horrible redesign. Does anyone know if you can get the 14/15 style front end for the 16? To wit, is it an option to go with those front ends or is the 16 stuck on the hyper futuristic/hip look? I'd be sorely disappointed if it is.

I really like the looks of the 14/15 but like the technology in the 16 a lot. But the looks are so bad I'd rather be stuck with Stone Age technology than drive that thing.

Archived