Custom Trail Boss Console Upgrade?

On 1/9/2020 at 11:15 PM, nolte said:

I ordered mine from www.gmpartsxperts.com.

I don't have it yet but they told me yesterday that tracking had it being delivered to them today (they're in NJ and it was coming to them from GM in MI) and that it would ship out to me either today or tomorrow.

It was $299.55 shipped.

Thanks for the heads up , I live in Pa and ordered it from the N J place . 

6 hours ago, TrustyDusty said:

I still haven't gotten the armrest that I ordered. Has anyone gotten one who ordered after December 23rd? I am thinking about cancelling the order since I found a jumpseat replacement...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I ordered from gmpartsexperts (link in earlier post above) on Jan 2nd and got email that mine has been shipped from them with tracking today. 

They confirmed that the new part number you also referenced was being substituted for the old part number. 

I'll report back when I get what I get to confirm its what we're all looking for. 

They told me they had six of them coming in for other people besides me that were ordering. I don't THINK any of them were for their stock but you can call and ask them. 

Shipped for 299.55 which looked good to me 

On 1/13/2020 at 6:00 AM, 19ShadowCustom said:

just so everyone knows, as a kick in the teeth, the 2020 has the console we all want for a 20$ upcharge on the custom

you have more details on that? i dont see that option anywhere and looking to buy soon or order a 2020. Maybe on the LT but not on the custom

22 minutes ago, 19ShadowCustom said:

2.7 turbo Custom automatically comes with it.

silverado.PNG

that is crazy... i went to that site, picked 5.3 v8 and that option is not there... on the regular custom its the same thing to get the 110v outlet, you had to stay with the smaller engine. just plan crazy...

i am haggling between another F150 XL STX and this CTB both at the same MSRP.... GM isnt even coming close to the deal i got with ford and all these little stupid things. storage, 110v outlet, back seat 12v outlets and a few others are there in the ford... 

so my ford deal is better options and price but this trail boss is just god damn sexy - looking at cajun red, satin steel or northsky blue

Like everyone else here, I just bought a 2020 Custom Trail Boss, went to open the console lid, and was like "What in the world????"  :)

I got a great deal on the truck but was startled by the lack of storage.  My 2000 Silverado had the lid, so I just expected it to be there.... 

Luckily it looks like this can be resolved using updated part number of 84756948 .

I like AlohaDan's approach here: 

But I can't seem to find the 202.GM 8M19 part number that he says is for the whole jump seat assembly.

I started doing a search on car-part dot com for something, as I like that approach.

I just picked the truck up today, so I have some time....

Lets hope somebody makes similar progress adding the radio steering wheel control using these parts:

The switch assembly 13531288

The wiring harness 84449305

Two buttons on backside of wheel 13528615

On 12/15/2019 at 2:44 PM, Method2Madness said:

Got it installed. A slight PITA, but it’s in. Only casualties were a couple of clips (got more from OReileys) and ripped one of the plastic tabs that the clips attach to and had to glue the clip to the tab. Nothing  TOO bad. 

7B1BBBC5-1F8F-4228-826F-C8976A6FFB95.jpeg

9053495F-C2DE-4F4D-ADE7-808463D50778.jpeg

I just received my upgrade yesterday and hope to get it done as soon as the weather breaks here. 

If you had to do it again , what tips would suggest to remove the plastic panels .  Also I can't seem to come up with torque values for the T-55 bolts for the installation , this concerns me because the armrest is a critical  part  of the jump seat restraint system .  

I've seen different versions of installation , one where the entire unit out of the box was swapped  and another where just the compartment/armrest portion was changed reusing the mechanical guts of the OE armrest.  

3 hours ago, Harry Rombold said:

I just received my upgrade yesterday and hope to get it done as soon as the weather breaks here. 

If you had to do it again , what tips would suggest to remove the plastic panels .  Also I can't seem to come up with torque values for the T-55 bolts for the installation , this concerns me because the armrest is a critical  part  of the jump seat restraint system .  

I've seen different versions of installation , one where the entire unit out of the box was swapped  and another where just the compartment/armrest portion was changed reusing the mechanical guts of the OE armrest.  

No real tips to offer, other than be as gentle, yet as firm as possible if that makes sense. You don't want to tear a tab like I did, but you still have to be pretty deliberate to get them out. There are no torque values that I could find (and I looked). In the end, I just ended up using my Milwaukee M12 Stubby impact on the "2" setting, then followed up with a ratchet by hand to make sure there wasn't anymore play. 

Oh, yeah. You're going to have to bend that little "ring" that holds the seatbelt to the body. You'll see what I'm talking about. There's no real graceful way to do this, I just used needle nose pliers. 

Edited by Method2Madness

5 hours ago, Method2Madness said:

No real tips to offer, other than be as gentle, yet as firm as possible if that makes sense. You don't want to tear a tab like I did, but you still have to be pretty deliberate to get them out. There are no torque values that I could find (and I looked). In the end, I just ended up using my Milwaukee M12 Stubby impact on the "2" setting, then followed up with a ratchet by hand to make sure there wasn't anymore play. 

Oh, yeah. You're going to have to bend that little "ring" that holds the seatbelt to the body. You'll see what I'm talking about. There's no real graceful way to do this, I just used needle nose pliers. 

6 hours ago, Method2Madness said:

Just my luck , I opened the GM box and the armrest has damage to it . This one is going back and another reordered .  

As far as the plastic removal , I have not seen anywhere about the removal of the bottom large surround that goes around the back under the seat belt bolt to access the two T-55 bolts . 

CTB Console blowup.pdf

23 minutes ago, Harry Rombold said:

Just my luck , I opened the GM box and the armrest has damage to it . This one is going back and another reordered .  

As far as the plastic removal , I have not seen anywhere about the removal of the bottom large surround that goes around the back under the seat belt bolt to access the two T-55 bolts . 

CTB Console blowup.pdf 518.73 kB · 4 downloads

Mine was damaged as well and I'm waiting for the replacement to get here.

The GM box was in great shape and the packing material as adequate inside. It was pretty evident to me that a damaged item was packed and shipped. (By GM)

Deep scratches in the plastic on the front. 

Edited by nolte

Mine was damaged as well and I'm waiting for the replacement to get here.
The GM box was in great shape and the packing material as adequate inside. It was pretty evident to me that a damaged item was packed and shipped. (By GM)
Deep scratches in the plastic on the front. 

Mine was damaged too. Waiting on replacement.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk