Custom Trail Boss Console Upgrade?

FYI. gmpartsoutlet.net should have 2 more in stock. They had three as of this morning and I ordered one (it shipped), leaving two. Get em while they last!

https://www.gmpartsoutlet.net/oem-parts/gm-armrest-84647286

Edited by Method2Madness

1 hour ago, Method2Madness said:

Look what FedEx dropped off today. ?

Looking forward’s to installing it tomorrow. 

11702CEF-A9DA-4FDA-BE60-0979CB9C5A8E.jpeg

F09A7161-E08B-4573-A43F-1BBC1FC10053.jpeg

Congrats !!! I’m going to install mine tomorrow also. I’ve been hearing these are getting harder and harder to obtain from the dealer and gmparts places on the web. 

• Like 1

Just now, RottDawgler said:

Congrats !!! I’m going to install mine tomorrow also. I’ve been hearing these are getting harder and harder to obtain from the dealer and gmparts places on the web. 

Thanks! And yes, they are getting much harder to find. I waited over a month for mine. 

46 minutes ago, Little Rascal said:

I ordered from sdparts.com in October.....have heard nothing.  Glad you guys are getting on with your project.  Just wondering if there is a place (email or web site) that we could give our dissatisfaction to GM about this situation.... 

I canceled my order from sdparts after waiting a month and a half. Ordered from GM parts outlet.net and got it in 3 days. 

I replaced the entire center seat in my work truck with one that came out of a salvage yard.  Now I have the full storage of the higher trim models in my WT.    If you only replace the armrest (top portion) then you don't get the under seat locking storage... right?

The unit I picked up includes the power and USB outlet for the back seat passengers, but the wiring harness is not set up to plug this in on the work truck.   I figure I'll just leave those plugs dead.  My main objective was to get the storage.  But if anybody knows an easy way to hook up these outlets so they work, I'd appreciate it.    

By the way... if anyone else is looking swap the center seat as well like I did, I searched for it on car-part.com and ended up finding it from Schram Auto Parts in Michigan.  It cost me $400 including shipping to California.  It's an easy swap (4 bolts hold it in) but does require that you unbolt the drivers and passenger seat to get to the rear bolts for the center seat.  It took me about an hour or so.  The GM part number for the entire seat is: 202.GM8M19.  I now have a center seat with no storage now that I'd be willing to sell to someone cheap if you want it!

Edited by AlohaDan
additional content

On 12/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, Quest84 said:

Sorry if I missed it somewhere but do the replacements (84647286) have USB plugs inside?

Also, anybody know where they are actually in stock?

I didn't have any luck with online retailers. Had to bite the bullet and order from the dealer. It's on critical back order so in order to get in line for the part My dealer said I would need to special order the part and prepay. I did that. They gave me wholesaler pricing at $328. Then said the parts manager would open a spec case, but needed a VIN that uses that part. Talked to my service writer and he found an LT on the lot with center storage so I used that VIN. Now I'm patiently waiting. Ordered mine Dec 17- waiting for update. Will advise once received. If anyone hears about anyone having in stock, lmk.