Custom Trail Boss Console Upgrade?

2 hours ago, Jerry Stevens said:

So I have swapped out the Jump seat from my Trail Boss with a Jump seat from a LT. Everything went pretty easy, simple bolt off and bolt back on. BUT the 2 USB charging ports do not work since there is np wiring harness in the floor for the center console to plug into. Question I have is, Can I splice this wiring harness and run power to the outlets? Maybe tap into the Cigarette lighter in the dash? 

No. Not directly.  USB voltage is 5v. Lighter plug voltage is 12v. You will fry your electronics. You can get a step down converter though. 

Edited by Method2Madness

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, Jerry Stevens said:

So I have swapped out the Jump seat from my Trail Boss with a Jump seat from a LT. Everything went pretty easy, simple bolt off and bolt back on. BUT the 2 USB charging ports do not work since there is np wiring harness in the floor for the center console to plug into. Question I have is, Can I splice this wiring harness and run power to the outlets? Maybe tap into the Cigarette lighter in the dash? 

What year was the LT jump seat from?  I have access to a 2014 LT that I want to place in my 2019 CTB.

On 11/26/2019 at 7:10 PM, Jim stone said:

I too just purchased a 2020 Trail Boss and was shocked to realize there was no storage under the arm rest. That is where I put everything small in my 17 Silverado. Really disappointed to find that out when I got home. I didn’t even check it assumed just like old one. Not!

I didnt buy one bcuz of cluster setup, console, and blank plate on right side of steering wheel.....basically a W/T with a 2in rancho lift and really I can add a better lift for less money.....but interior is alot harder to do........sucks cuz I really liked idea and look of truck but once you really break it down your paying alot of money for rancho lift.....

And seats are really low in new silverados, idk why but crazy how low they are.....

Steering wheel and cluster I can kind of understand but no storage in console is just friggen ridiculous......look at how many peeps are trying to get storage in there custom TB.......on truck with that pricetag there is no excuse!

I was totally shocked!

Edited by Dunn

On 12/5/2019 at 6:09 PM, RottDawgler said:

I just received a email notifying my upgraded console has just shipped today. I’ve been waiting over a month since ordered.. 

Do you have the link for where you ordered from? Tried to get one through the dealer but they couldn't get it.

Looking at the replies about saving some dough to go with the custom it seems many could have gone a different route and been honest on if 4wd was something they would actually use and instead get much more content for their every day drive. For example, a much better equipped RST 2wd 5.3 with a rear locker lists at $44k msrp, a 4wd custom TB 5.3 MSRP is a few hundred more. You can get dual climate, trailer camera, more storage, 10 way power seats, 8" screen, etc as opposed to an offroad look with black WT bumpers and wheels and 4wd which probably doesn't come in handy for many.  I wonder how many actually go that route, 4wd and don't use it as opposed to added options?

I have some buddies that a few of them either bought or are looking at trucks and that is a predicament they are in. One doesn't use or have a need for 4wd but wanted it, couldn't get the higher end model with features in his budget and 4wd so he went lower end just to have it. We are in flat Texas, unless you off road 4wd isn't any use down here with all the non existant winter weather we get here. Another said he would never have a need for it and would rather have some added content so he is shopping higher end models. With 4wd being a $4k option usually at minimum straight up over a trim level, why would you make that sacrifice? Really curious what the percentage of people make that choice? I bet it is higher than we think, would make for a good poll...

Tyler