Custom Trail Boss Console Upgrade?

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up my 2020 custom 2500hd DC and its the same stupid console. thx for all the posts, i was loosing it on the way home with a few sentence enhancers wondering how did I'm miss that at the dealer.

I ordered the upgrade to the center console on October 17 from sdparts.com.  Here was the reply to the order that they sent to me:  This part is currently not available and does have to be special order. Due to UAW strike against GM we do not have an ETA on when this part will be available.

I also contacted my local dealer hoping they could get the part sooner....no luck there.

I will post again when I get the upgrade.....

On 10/23/2019 at 9:24 PM, Little Rascal said:

I ordered the upgrade to the center console on October 17 from sdparts.com.  Here was the reply to the order that they sent to me:  This part is currently not available and does have to be special order. Due to UAW strike against GM we do not have an ETA on when this part will be available.

I also contacted my local dealer hoping they could get the part sooner....no luck there.

I will post again when I get the upgrade.....

I received the same reply from gmpartsxperts when I ordered mine.

Our greatest apologies but due to the GM / UAW strike all GM parts orders are delayed until further notice
with GM . We can process the order for you but we do not have an ETA as to when
the order will be received.

19 minutes ago, tpchesley said:

That’s not the one with the storage bin. 

47 minutes ago, Method2Madness said:

Yeah. I’m not expecting it anytime soon. But wanted to get it on order at least. 

ya sucks we have to spend $300 for something so stupid that should be there imo

• Like 1

just got this email response from them so there may be some light at the end of the tunnel

"They are not on back order but due to the strike GM has not shipped any
of these parts out to any GM dealerships.. Unfortunately we may be
looking about another 3-4 weeks before parts are being shipped out. "

Edited by tomleo67

So I have swapped out the Jump seat from my Trail Boss with a Jump seat from a LT. Everything went pretty easy, simple bolt off and bolt back on. BUT the 2 USB charging ports do not work since there is np wiring harness in the floor for the center console to plug into. Question I have is, Can I splice this wiring harness and run power to the outlets? Maybe tap into the Cigarette lighter in the dash?